Orlando Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents are common. They can happen anywhere, and often cause serious injuries, such as fractures or brain injuries. According to data reported by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 800,000 people have to be hospitalized each year in the U.S. because of serious injuries from falls, and 3 million older Americans have to get treated in hospital emergency departments.
Many of these injuries could have been prevented if property owners and managers had followed the law. Florida law requires that they keep their properties safe for customers and other visitors and provide warnings when there are known dangers. When property owners and managers fail to carry out these legal obligations, they are negligent and can be sued for premises liability.
With a premises liability lawsuit, you may be able to get financial compensation for your medical care, lost income, and pain and suffering if you were injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident on the property of a negligent owner or manager. The Dennis Hernandez Orlando slip and fall lawyers have extensive experience with premises liability claims and want to help you get the compensation you deserve.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Orlando?
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere that you are walking, including in parking lots, on walkways, inside stores or restaurants, at hotels or theme parks or at home. Sometimes people slip or trip because they are careless or ill, but usually slip and fall accidents happen because a property owner was negligent and did not maintain a safe premises.
Some of the common hazards that cause falls in Orlando include:
- Loose or missing handrails: Poor maintenance of handrails can cause people to lose their balance and fall.
- Broken stairs: These can cause people to stumble and fall.
- Liquid: Common causes of slip and fall accidents are slippery surfaces created by liquids spilled inside on floors or water that has accumulated outside.
- Neglected pavement: Cracked and chipped asphalt or concrete walkways, parking lots, and steps can cause people to trip and fall.
- Obstructions: Items left in the aisles of stores, such as boxes, equipment, and electrical cords, create a tripping hazard.
- Inadequate lighting: When there is not enough light inside and around stores and restaurants, parking lots, hotels, and other places of business, people can trip, slip and fall.
- Code violations: When places of business violate industrial safety standards or building codes, they create dangerous conditions for customers.
When Are Property Owners and Managers Liable for Injuries from an Orlando Slip and Fall Accident?
Property owners have a legal duty under Florida law to use reasonable care to keep their properties free from dangers they know about or should have known about. If you slip and fall because the owners or managers were negligent in managing or operating their properties, failing to make them safe for customers or other visitors, you can hold the owners or managers responsible for your injuries and get compensated for the harm you have suffered with a premises liability claim.
In a successful claim for a slip and fall accident, you need to prove the four elements of premises liability:
- The property owner or manager had a legal duty of care to you.
- The owner or manager breached that duty by failing to remove a hazardous condition or failing to warn of known dangers, for example, by not removing obstructions, not repairing broken steps, not cleaning up spilled liquids, or not replacing broken light fixtures.
- The breach caused you to slip or trip and fall and be injured.
- You suffered economic and/or non-economic damages because of your injuries.
Compensation for People Injured in Orlando Slip and Fall Accidents
The experienced Dennis Hernandez slip and fall accident lawyers can help you receive substantial compensation for your injuries. The types of damages that may be compensated in Florida include:
- Medical expenses for treating your accident injuries from the time of the accident until now, as well as expected medical expenses in the future, including doctor bills, surgeries, diagnostic tests, hospitalizations, medical and assistive equipment, rehabilitation, and travel to medical appointments.
- Lost income from the time of the accident, including future diminished earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages, including pain and suffering and diminished quality of life.
Contact Experienced Orlando Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
Dennis Hernandez slip and fall lawyers help people in Orlando and throughout Florida get the full compensation they deserve for their injuries. We are client-focused, goal-oriented and passionate in our pursuit of justice. As your attorney, we are committed to:
- Holding the property owners or managers accountable by proving they were negligent.
- Gathering the evidence to show the full extent of your need for compensation for the financial, physical and emotional harm your injuries caused.
- Negotiating vigorously to protect your rights and achieve a full and fair settlement.
- Being prepared to fight for your rights and win in court.
- Providing the support and guidance you need at every step of the legal process.
Unlike many other Florida personal injury lawyers, we will not settle for less than you deserve to avoid going to trial. We will continue fighting for your rights and will not back down.
Call us at 407-680-0000 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.