Largo Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents in Largo and throughout Florida and the United States are, unfortunately, too common. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that every year, more than 5,000 large trucks are involved in fatal accidents, and nearly 120,000 large trucks are involved in accidents that cause injuries.
These injuries are often very serious, since commercial trucks are often 20 to 30 times heavier than a car and also much larger. The impact from a collision with a truck can result in crushed limbs, traumatic brain injuries, injuries to internal organs and other life-threatening injuries.
If you or a family member has been seriously injured in a recent truck accident in Largo or anywhere else in Florida, it is important to talk with an experienced truck accident lawyer as soon as possible to find out if you can get compensated for your pain, suffering and financial losses.
The Dennis Hernandez Largo accident lawyers have helped hundreds of Florida families recover substantial compensation for their accident injuries. We want to hear about your accident and present situation so we can advise you on you best course of action and help you pursue substantial compensation for your accident injuries.
Financial compensation cannot change what has happened, but it can give you a sense of justice and peace of mind of knowing that you can pay for the care you need. Please call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to talk with an experienced truck accident lawyer about your case.
What Causes Truck Accidents in Largo, Florida?
The FMCSA notes that the size and weight of large trucks pose multiple challenges for truck drivers, including when drivers try to accelerate, especially when they are going uphill, or try to brake, especially when they are going downhill. Trucks can also roll over because of their high center of gravity. Therefore, truck drivers need to go a lot slower on ramps or when going around curves to be safe.
A study conducted by the FMCSA and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that common problems that cause truck accidents include:
- Mechanical problems with the truck, including brake or tire problems or shifting cargo.
- Driver’s use of drugs, including over-the-counter and prescription medication, alcohol, and illegal drugs.
- Driving errors, including going too fast for the weather or road conditions, making illegal maneuvers, following another vehicle too closely, jackknifing and speeding.
- Driver inattention, including problems caused by fatigue, distractions, illness and not watching the road.
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Largo truck accident lawyers will investigate your accident thoroughly to identify all parties responsible for the accident and collect the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence on their part.
Who Is at Fault in a Largo Truck Accident?
Often, the truck driver is at fault for truck accidents. However, other people and/or companies may also be at fault. These may include the trucking company, the truck manufacturer, the company that repairs and maintains the truck, and/or the company that owns the cargo the truck was carrying at the time of the accident.
Many factors can determine who is considered at fault for a truck accident. An experienced Dennis Hernandez Largo truck accident lawyer will investigate all possible factors to identify the people and companies who were responsible for your accident and then pursue justice by seeking to hold them responsible for the harm they caused.
How Much Compensation Can You Get for Injuries From a Truck Accident in Largo, Florida?
The amount of compensation you may receive by bringing a claim against the at-fault party or parties will depend upon the nature of your injuries, how severe the injuries are, what kinds of treatment you need, and how much you will be affected in the long term or permanently. However, in general, if you pursue a lawsuit against the negligent parties, you may recover compensation for your present and future injury-related expenses and losses, including:
- All medical expenses
- All rehabilitation and care expenses
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Stress, trauma and emotional and mental distress
- Lasting effects of the injuries, such as disability, disfigurement, and scarring
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Your family’s loss of your love, companionship, and support
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
An experienced Dennis Hernandez Largo truck accident lawyer will assess all of your damages and fight for your right to recover the full, fair substantial compensation that is available for you under Florida law.
Help is Available for Largo Truck Accident Victims
Contacting an experienced Largo truck accident lawyer as soon as you can after an accident is important in order to determine the at-fault parties and protect your rights. The Dennis Hernandez lawyers have helped hundreds of accident victims throughout Florida obtain life-changing compensation and want to help you. We are committed to:
- Guiding and supporting you through every step of the legal process.
- Negotiating skillfully and aggressively with the negligent parties’ insurance companies.
- Never backing down and never accepting any settlement offer that is less than the full amount you deserve.
- Being well prepared to go to court to fight for your rights if that’s what it takes to get you the substantial compensation you deserve.
We have fought for and won millions of dollars for our injured clients and welcome the opportunity to win for you. Call us at 855-529-3366, or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website so we can get started working on your case.