Spring Hill Car Accident Lawyers
As the population of Spring Hill and the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Metro Area has increased, so too has the motor vehicle traffic on our roadways. Sadly, this means there have also been more car accidents. In fact, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports there were 2,430 car crashes, 1,371 car crash injuries and 25 crash fatalities in Hernando County in 2019 alone.
Car accident victims often suffer catastrophic injuries that require both immediate and long-term medical care. As a result, the people who are injured, along with their entire families, often face many adjustments and challenges, including mounting medical bills.
If you or a member of your family has been hurt in a car accident, you don’t have to handle all of these challenges alone. The Spring Hill car accident lawyers at Dennis Hernandez & Associates have helped many families throughout Florida following a serious car accident and want to help you secure the financial compensation you deserve.
When Do You Need a Spring Hill Car Accident Lawyer?
When you are injured in a car crash, your first action after receiving medical treatment is probably to contact your automobile insurance company. Your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance covers up to $10,000 in medical expenses. If your expenses are likely to be more than $10,000, you also need to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
Insurance company representatives will then evaluate your claims and decide what, if anything, they are willing to pay you for your injuries. Many car accident victims accept the insurance company’s offer and sign a release form without thinking about future consequences. Sad to say, they may realize later that settling with the insurance company was a terrible mistake.
When you have been injured in a car accident, your healthcare needs and expenses can continue to grow, and you can experience problems working and carrying on normal daily activities. Some people suffer from chronic pain and mental distress. Their families also suffer financially due to decreased income and emotionally due to lost companionship and support. The insurance company’s meager settlement doesn’t come close to compensating them for their suffering, pain and losses.
To avoid facing this kind of egregious situation, it’s important to hire a knowledgeable car accident lawyer as soon as possible after an injury accident. A knowledgeable car accident attorney will:
- Compile all of the evidence from the accident necessary to establish the culpability of the at-fault driver.
- Examine your medical records and the details of your case in order to determine the full value of your claim.
- Negotiate competently and vigorously with insurance company representatives and attorneys on your behalf.
- Have a powerful case prepared to litigate in court.
- Prove that a substantial financial award is necessary to compensate you for the damages you suffered.
- Not settle prematurely for less than you deserve or back down in the fight for full and fair compensation.
Insurance companies notoriously try to increase their revenue by paying out as little as possible. Without an attorney who is recognized as being a tough negotiator and litigator advocating for you, you risk being left without the financial resources to get the medical treatment you need and begin to recover from the trauma of your car accident injury.
What Injuries Are Serious Enough for a Car Accident Lawsuit?
Thinking that Florida’s No-Fault Law prevents them from suing the at-fault driver, many car accident injury victims do not consult a lawyer before settling with an insurance company. Often, they don’t have a complete understanding of the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law or someone gave them bad advice about it.
Contrary to what they may think, Florida’s no-fault law does not prevent you from filing a car accident lawsuit to obtain compensation if you suffered serious injuries. The law clearly states that anyone injured in a motor vehicle accident may recover damages for pain, suffering, mental anguish and inconvenience if the injury or disease involves significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function, permanent injury, significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement or death.
Although this explanation may seem daunting, you shouldn’t assume your injuries do not constitute a “serious injury” until you have talked with a knowledgeable Florida car accident attorney. There are many instances when filing a lawsuit is necessary to obtain the compensation you need to pay for ongoing medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, and other damages. Some of the more serious injuries caused by car accidents include:
- Neck and Back injuries– A car crash can cause a sudden impact that results in the head and neck whipping back and forth and the body moving in ways it was never intended to move. This fast, sudden movement can cause herniated and bulging discs, which are usually permanent injuries that degenerate and worsen over time, often necessitating surgery later in life.
- Broken bones – The impact of a car crash can break multiple bones throughout the body. These breaks can cause pain and affect your ability to perform everyday tasks. Serious breaks can require surgery and lead to chronic pain, loss of function of a limb and, in some cases, infections.
- Brain injuries – The sudden jolt of car crashes makes them a leading cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). These injuries can lead to permanent, life-altering brain damage or death.
- Burns: Serious burn injuries can occur to all parts of the body if a vehicle catches on fire after a collision. These injuries are very painful and can result in scarring and other physical problems.
- Spinal cord injuries – The impact of a car crash can also cause spinal cord injuries. These injuries can result in victims not having sensations or functioning in some or all of their limbs or paralysis.
- Loss of limbs: In catastrophic motor vehicle crashes, an accident victim’s limbs can get torn, crushed and damaged so completely that amputation is necessary.
An experienced Spring Hill car accident attorney will listen to what happened in your accident, review the details of your case and let you know if you should file a lawsuit to recover damages.
What Damages Can Be Recovered with a Florida Car Accident Lawsuit?
If you were seriously injured in a car accident, you may be able to recover damages to compensate you for your injuries. With a car accident lawsuit, you can pursue compensation for the following damages:
- Wages lost because of time off work because of your accident injuries
- Decreased earning capacity in the future
- Medical expenses incurred because of your accident injuries
- Future medical expenses for care and treatment related to your accident injuries
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
In some specific cases, your family may also be entitled to compensation for their loss of consortium if you are no longer able to provide the companionship, care and support you used to provide before the accident. If you lost a family member in a fatal automobile accident, you may also be able to pursue compensation with a wrongful death lawsuit.
For Expert Help with Your Florida Car Accident Claim, Contact the Experienced Spring Hill Car Accident Attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, our main concern is making sure you achieve justice and are compensated fully and fairly for your injuries. We put all of our resources, skill and knowledge to work supporting our clients throughout the complete legal process to ensure they get all the compensation they deserve.
To accomplish this, we:
- Ensure that all evidence is gathered in a timely manner to prove negligence.
- Negotiate vigorously with insurance companies and attorneys on your behalf.
- Build a strong case demonstrating your need for compensation for physical. emotional, and financial damages caused by the car accident.
- Are thoroughly prepared to fight in court to get what you deserve.
Some personal injury lawyers do everything they can to settle with insurance companies outside of court, but we never back down. We will put our trial experience and litigation skills to work fighting for and winning the compensation you deserve.
Call us in Spring Hill at 813.250.0000 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.