Orlando Car Accident Lawyer
With over 2.5 million people living in the Orlando metropolitan area and another 70 million visitors each year, car accidents are inevitable. According to figures released by the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 31,917 car crashes in Orange County in 2018, causing 22,984 injuries and 177 deaths.
Navigating the maze of medical providers and trying to negotiate with insurance companies after a car accident can be incredibly stressful for an injured victim. On top of your physical injuries and emotional trauma, you may also be facing financial concerns if the accident left you unable to work.
Fortunately, you do not need to handle all of these challenges by yourself. The car accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA have extensive experience helping injured car accident victims hold the at-fault party accountable and securing compensation for their physical and emotional injuries.
Orlando Car Accident Causes
Determining what caused a car accident can be a complex and time-consuming process at times. Nevertheless, there are several common contributing factors in an Orlando car accident, including:
- Impaired driving – Although the number of accidents caused by drunk drivers has decreased in recent years, impaired driving (which includes drivers who are impaired because of alcohol, illicit drugs, prescription and over-the-counter medications) continues to be a major contributing factor in collisions.
- Speed – The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) consistently ranks speed as one of the top three causes of car accidents.
- Distracted driving – While cell phones are the most common cause of distracted driving in the 21st century, passengers, eating, applying make-up, and pets in the vehicle can also cause a drivers to take their eyes or mind off the task of operating the vehicle.
- Drowsy driving – A drowsy driver is every bit as dangerous to others on the roadway as a drunk driver, according to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety.
- Hazardous road conditions – Failing to slow down and adjust for road conditions such as rain or fog can dramatically increase the odds of a collision.
Orlando Car Accident Injuries
An Orlando car accident can result in serious physical injuries for the occupants of the involved vehicles. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Neck and Back injuries– The most common car accident injuries are herniated and bulging discs in the neck and back. These are typically permanent injuries that get worse as time passes, often requiring surgery later in life.
- Loss of limbs – When a car accident results in crushed or mangled limbs, amputation may be necessary.
- Broken bones – Severe pain, loss of function, and even infection may occur when a car accident victim suffers broken bones.
- Burns – Burn injuries are extremely difficult to heal and may cause chronic pain and scarring that can impact a victim for life.
- Brain injuries – A car accident may cause an occupant to suffer a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) from a blow or jolt to the head which can cause severe, even fatal, injury.
- Spinal cord injuries – When a car accident victim suffers a spinal cord injury, the result can be permanent limb paralysis.
Am I Eligible for Compensation for My Orlando Car Accident Injury?
If you were injured in an Orlando car accident, you could be eligible for compensation for your injuries, including for the following:
- Existing and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and other care costs
- Income lost because of time off because of accident injuries
- Loss of earning capacity in the future
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
As the spouse or child of a car accident victim, you may also be entitled to compensation for loss of consortium if your injured spouse or parent can no longer provide the companionship, care, and support they did before the accident. You may also be eligible to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit if you are the surviving family member of someone who was fatally injured in an Orlando car accident.
Get Help from the Experienced Orlando Car Accident Attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA
The Orlando car accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA are committed to holding negligent drivers responsible for the damages they cause and helping injured victims obtain the compensation to which they are entitled. We are dedicated to pursuing evidence of negligence so that we can negotiate vigorously with insurance companies and ensure that accident victims receive all the compensation available for the physical, emotional, and financial damages caused by the car accident.
If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will put our extensive trial experience and resources to work for you in court. You can depend on us not to back down, but to fight for your rights and the compensation you deserve. The car accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates will be by your side throughout the entire legal process to ensure that you are protected and fairly compensated.
Call us at 855.529.3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. 2019 traffic safety culture index.
Florida Department of Transportation. (2019). FY 2019 highway safety plan.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard.
U.S. Department of Transportation. National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration. (2020, April). Traffic safety facts.