Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Florida
Injuries sustained as a result of a company or individual’s negligence can lead to extensive medical fees, and personal injuries can result in other long-term medical repercussions. If you are injured in Florida, it is important to work with a team of Florida legal professionals. They should know the local laws of cities throughout the state. This includes Orlando, Tampa, Bradenton, and Largo, and other areas.
Our injury law firm brings decades of experience dealing with personal injury claims in Florida to each new client. From start to finish, we use our knowledge of Florida law to help each client receive the compensation he or she deserves.
Moving on after a serious injury can be incredibly difficult. Getting the help of a personal injury attorney is the first step to get through it.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Florida accident attorney. Please contact us at (855) 529 3366.
When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
When an individual or company has exercised negligence causing an injury, the injured individual is entitled to receive financial compensation from the guilty party. The issue is that filing injury claims in Florida is a tedious process, and victims should not try to navigate the legal system on their own. They should employ a personal injury law firm to do this for them. Our team of injury claim lawyers understand the ins and outs of Florida law and will fight to win you compensation in court.
How Much Does It Cost?
Legal fees can be difficult to deal with in Florida. This is especially true for those who are recovering from an injury.
Not every personal injury firm will over-charge. Our legal fees at Dennis Hernandez & Associates are contingency based. If we don’t win your case for you, we won’t saturate you with legal fees. We receive a portion of your final settlement, meaning we don’t get paid until you do. Taking care of our Florida clients is our number one priority!
How Do I Know What My Case Is Worth?
There are many ways that accident injury lawyers determine how much your case is worth. The best personal injury lawyer will be able to ensure that you don’t settle shortchanged. Your final settlement should be just.
The worth of any case depends on the area in Florida. This is determined by several factors, including:
- Hospital fees
- Lost wages
- Emotional distress and trauma
These financial burdens inform the entire case. We collect this information and present an argument in court based on your injuries.
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Choose your representation by considering who has extensive knowledge of similar cases. The best Florida accident lawyer will know local and state laws in Florida. Dennis Hernandez & Associates has been serving clients in personal injury protection cases throughout Florida.
Your injury might be a result of a product malfunction or negligence from another individual or company. To us, it doesn’t matter. We have the tools to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
Contact us to schedule your free consultation. Our legal team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates will learn about your case, discuss you options and get started right away. Our legal team will provide you with insights into the system. We know how to fight for the compensation you need to offset hospital bills, lost wages and emotional distress.
We encourage everyone with personal injuries in Florida to call. We can be reached at any of our local Florida offices. Don’t wait. Call us today!
After Your Accident
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use his or hers.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind, the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.