Spring Hill Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
When semi-trucks or other large vehicles get into accidents with cars, the outcome is often tragic. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, approximately 5,000 large trucks and buses are involved in fatal crashes each year. Unfortunately, the number of fatal crashes increased by 31% between 2010 and 2020.
In Florida alone, about 28,000 trucks are involved in accidents every year. Most of these accidents are serious, given the weight and size of the trucks. When a semi-truck gets into a collision with an automobile, it often causes severe injuries. Even when people survive these crashes, their injuries can be life-threatening or cause serious long-term or permanent problems.
If you or a family member was injured in a semi-truck accident in Spring Hill or anywhere in Florida, you may be suffering from the effects of that accident or the loss of a loved one. The Dennis Hernandez Spring Hill semi-truck accident attorneys understand the challenges you may be facing and are committed to helping you pursue full, fair compensation for the damages you have suffered.
Florida law may give you the right to pursue substantial compensation for your medical treatment, lost income, pain, suffering, loss of quality of life and other losses or for wrongful death, if a loved one was killed in a semi accident. To find out what your rights are and how to pursue a claim against the negligent driver or other at-fault parties, call the experienced Dennis Hernandez semi-truck accident attorneys at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page.
What Causes Semi-Truck Accidents in Spring Hill, Florida?
Semi-truck accidents often happen because the truck driver was not driving safely or the truck was not properly manufactured or maintained. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, brake problems are the #1 cause of large truck crashes.
Other common causes of semi-truck accidents include:
- Problems with the flow of traffic, including congestion and previous crashes
- The semi-truck driver’s use of prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- The semi-truck traveling too fast for the road conditions
- The driver being unfamiliar with the road
- Poor road conditions
- Having to stop at a light or crosswalk
- Driver fatigue
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Semi-Truck Accident?
If you are seriously injured in a semi-truck accident, Florida law gives you the right to bring a claim for damages against the party or parties who caused or contributed to causing the accident. To hold others liable for damages in this way, you must be able to show that their negligence caused or contributed to causing the accident.
Identifying the negligent parties when an accident involves a commercial semi-truck can be more complex than identifying who is at fault in a crash involving two cars, since there could be several negligent parties, including:
- The semi-truck driver
- The trucking company
- The company or individuals responsible for maintaining and/or repairing the truck
- The owner of the cargo
- The manufacturer of the semi-truck or its brakes or other parts
The Dennis Hernandez Spring Hill semi-truck accident lawyers have the experience, knowledge, and resources to investigate your accident thoroughly, identify all the parties who might be held responsible for the injuries you received in the accident and pursue maximum financial compensation for all the damages you have suffered.
How to Recover Damages with a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Spring Hill, Florida
Your injuries can have negative effects on many aspects of your life. Florida law recognizes this and allows you to seek economic and non-economic damages from the negligent parties. These damages may include your past, present, and future:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Rehabilitation and therapy expenses
- Lost income and decreased earning power
- Chronic or acute pain
- Mental anguish, PTSD, anxiety, or depression
- Scars and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
- Your family’s loss of your companionship and guidance
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The Dennis Hernandez Spring Hill semi-truck accident legal team will aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve for all the ways that your injuries have changed your life. We won’t settle for less than you deserve!
An Experienced Spring Hill Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You Get Full and Fair Compensation
If you were seriously injured or a loved one lost their life in a semi-truck accident in Spring Hill or anywhere in Florida, please contact an experienced Dennis Hernandez semi-truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. We have helped hundreds of Florida families recover the compensation they need and deserve for accident injuries and will put our successful experience to work fighting for you.
As your lawyers, we are committed to helping you every step of the way. We will:
- Thoroughly investigate the semi-truck accident and identify all negligent parties.
- Gather all the evidence necessary to prove that the at-fault parties were negligent.
- Complete and file all legal forms in a timely manner.
- Negotiate vigorously with the at-fault parties’ insurance companies.
- Build a powerful case that shows the full extent of your physical, emotional, and financial damages that resulted from the semi-truck accident.
- Never accept a settlement offer that is a penny less than you deserve.
- Take the fight to the courtroom, if that’s necessary to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
We are skilled litigators who fight for our clients and NEVER BACK DOWN.
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your Spring Hill semi-truck accident case.