Altamonte Springs Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents are a serious problem in Altamonte Springs and throughout Florida. Unfortunately, Florida leads the nation in fatal motorcycle accidents, with more than 8,879 crashes and 534 motorcycle accident fatalities in a single year. The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle Crash Dashboard shows that in Seminole County alone, there are more than 140 motorcycle crashes each year, causing almost 130 injuries and six deaths.
If you or a loved one has recently been seriously injured in a motorcycle crash, an experienced Dennis Hernandez Altamonte Springs motorcycle accident lawyer can help. If the other driver’s negligence caused or contributed to the crash, you may have the right to hold the at-fault driver responsible for the physical, emotional, and financial harm you have suffered because of the accident and secure substantial compensation for your damages.
The Dennis Hernandez accident lawyers have years of experience helping motorcycle crash victims throughout Florida get the compensation they deserve for their injuries, lost income, pain, suffering, and lower quality of life. We would be honored to put our experience and expertise to work helping you.
Please call us or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION from on this page as soon as possible for a free consultation and expert advice on your best course of action. The sooner we can get started working on your case, the easier it will be to collect the evidence needed to demonstrate negligence on the other driver’s part and show the full extent of your need for compensation.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Altamonte Springs?
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSF) has researched and published a detailed report on the causes of motorcycle crashes. The researchers found that in 94% of motorcycle crashes, the primary cause was that someone made a mistake. More often than not, the person who made the mistake was the driver of the other vehicle, not the motorcycle rider.
The most common mistake was that the other vehicle struck or sideswiped the motorcycle because the vehicle’s driver didn’t notice that the motorcycle was there. Often, these crashes occurred while the vehicle was changing lanes or making a left turn, and the driver failed to check their blind spot.
When motorcycle riders are at fault or partially at fault for crashes, it is often because the rider is inexperienced or fails to react properly to a dangerous condition. Crashes may also occur when either the other vehicle driver or the motorcycle rider is impaired by alcohol or drugs.
Often, motorcycle accidents have more than one cause. If you think that both you and the other driver may have done something that contributed to the accident, you should talk to an experienced Altamonte Springs motorcycle accident lawyer right away. Under Florida law, you may still be eligible to sue the other driver for substantial compensation. The Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident legal team would be glad to provide you with a free case analysis.
Common Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents in the Altamonte Springs Area
Motorcycle riders have a high risk of being seriously injured or killed if they are in a crash. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 80% of motorcycle accidents cause injuries, while only 20% of car crashes do.
There are several reasons why motorcyclists are so much more likely than passenger vehicle drivers or passengers to be seriously injured or killed in accidents:
- A motorcycle provides no protection against head injuries.
- It is common for motorcyclists to be ejected from their bikes in a crash, causing the motorcyclists to forcefully strike the ground and any objects in the path.
- A motorcycle has less bulk and weight than a car. It lacks the seat belts, air bags, roof, and door beams that protect car drivers and passengers.
Common serious motorcycle accident injuries include significant and/or multiple bone fractures, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), crushed or otherwise injured legs, feet, arms, or hands and spinal cord injuries.
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Altamonte Springs motorcycle accident lawyers have extensive experience gathering medical evidence that will show the full extent of your need for compensation for your current and future medical treatments and rehabilitative services.
Compensation Available in Altamonte Springs for Motorcycle Accident Injuries
If you pursue a claim against the negligent driver, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the many ways your injuries have affected your life. You could receive compensation for your injury-related:
- Present and future medical expenses, including doctor visits, hospital stays, surgery, medications, rehabilitation, and assistive devices
- Present and future lost income
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, stress and anxiety
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Disability, scarring, disfigurement
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, guidance and assistance
An Experienced Altamonte Springs Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Provide the Help You Need
The Dennis Hernandez Altamonte Springs motorcycle accident lawyers are committed to achieving justice and getting injured accident victims the compensation they need and deserve. We will put our years of experience and legal skill to work for you:
- Collecting all the evidence necessary to build a strong case showing the other driver’s negligence caused the accident
- Demonstrating the full extent of your need for substantial compensation for your present and future injury-related physical, financial and emotional damages
- Negotiating aggressively with the other driver’s insurance company for the full settlement you deserve
- Being well prepared to go to trial to fight for justice and the full, fair compensation you deserve, if needed.
- Never backing down until you have the justice you want and the financial settlement or award you deserve.
We will respond promptly to your questions and concerns and keep you posted on progress on your case.
Call us at 855-529-3366, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website so we can protect your rights and get started on your case. All consultations and legal services are free until we win your case.