Lehigh Acres Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The scenic roads and beautiful weather in the Lehigh Acres area attract motorcycle riders all year round. Florida has, in fact, become known for its great motorcycle rides. Unfortunately, Florida has also become known as one of the leading states for fatal motorcycle crashes.
In 2021, there were 8,571 motorcycle accidents in Florida, according to data reported by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Seven thousand three hundred eighty-four people were injured in those accidents and 567 killed. In Lee County alone, there were 352 motorcycle crashes in 2021 in which 314 people were injured and 22 people were killed.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in Lehigh Acres or anywhere in Florida, you may need expensive medical treatment. You may be suffering physically and mentally and be unable to work or do many of the activities you used to enjoy. The experienced Dennis Hernandez Lehigh Acres motorcycle accident lawyers want to help during this difficult time. We have the skill, knowledge and experience to help you get the substantial financial compensation you need for your injuries.
Talk to an experienced Lehigh Acres motorcycle accident lawyer right away to find out what you are entitled to under Florida law. We understand the challenges you may be facing and want to put our experience and skill to work helping you get compensated fully and fairly for your medical expenses, lost income, emotional distress, diminished quality of life and pain.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in the Lehigh Acres Area
Driver error is the main cause of motorcycle accidents. The National Transportation Safety Board reports that mistakes made by either the motorcycle rider or the other driver contribute to 94% of motorcycle accidents. More than half the time it is the other driver, not the motorcycle rider, who is at fault.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, errors made by car and other vehicle drivers that cause crashes with motorcycles include:
- Not seeing the motorcycle
- Opening car doors while parked without looking to see if there is oncoming traffic
- Going over the speed limit
- Changing lanes recklessly
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Breaking other traffic laws
- Ignoring or not noticing dangerous road conditions
- Distracted driving
A Dennis Hernandez Lehigh Acres motorcycle accident lawyer can analyze your accident, determine if the other driver was at fault and help you decide on your best course of action. Call us today or submit the form on our website for your free consultation with an expert motorcycle accident attorney.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Lehigh Acres, Florida
If you crash while riding a motorcycle, you are far more likely to get hurt than you would be if you had been driving or riding in a car. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 80% of motorcycle crashes cause injuries or death, compared to only 20% of car crashes, and most motorcycle injury crashes are not the motorcycle rider’s fault.
Head injuries are the most common motorcycle accident injury, but there are many other types of serious injuries that people may suffer in motorcycle crashes. Common injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which can be mild, serious, or fatal.
- Serious bone fractures caused by being thrown from the bike at high speeds.
- Severe limb injuries, which may require amputation.
- Spinal cord injuries, which can cause paralysis.
Motorcycle injuries may be so severe that even when a rider survives an accident, their injuries may eventually be fatal.
Compensation for Your Lehigh Acres Motorcycle Accident Injuries
When you are seriously injured, you need substantial financial compensation to cover your medical expenses, make up for lost income, and compensate for your pain, suffering, mental anguish, loss of your previous quality of life and your family’s loss of your companionship, assistance and guidance.
A Dennis Hernandez Lehigh Acres motorcycle accident lawyer will fight for your right to get all the compensation you need to fully compensate for your serious injuries. We won’t settle for less than you deserve.
Get the Help You Need in Lehigh Acres for Your Florida Motorcycle Accident Injury
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a Florida motorcycle accident, please contact a Lehigh Acres motorcycle accident lawyer at Dennis Hernandez & Associates as soon as possible for the help that you need.
We are committed to helping injured accident victims seek justice and get the full financial compensation they need and deserve. We will guide and support you through the legal process every step of the way. We will:
- Gather all of the evidence necessary to prove negligence and fault.
- Consult experts and analyze medical records to demonstrate the full extent of your need for compensation for current and future medical expenses, including doctor visits, hospital costs, medication, diagnostic tests, treatments, rehabilitation, assistive devices, and even transportation costs to and from medical appointments.
- Gather evidence to show your current and future lost income and diminished earning capacity.
- Negotiate aggressively with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Be well prepared to go to trial to fight for fair compensation, if necessary.
- Never back down until you get everything you deserve.
Call us at 855-529-3366, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website for the help that you need! There is no fee for our expert legal services until you get the settlement or award you deserve.