Clearwater Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents are, unfortunately, common everywhere – in Clearwater, throughout Florida, and across the U.S. People of all ages can be seriously injured in falls, though falling can be especially dangerous for adults over the age of 65.
According to the Florida Department of Health, falls are the leading cause of injuries among Florida residents 65 years old and older. In a single year, more than 3,800 older Floridians lose their lives because of injuries from falls. In addition, people who survive slip and fall accidents may have severe, life-changing injuries, as well as other negative effects, including fear of falling again, loss of independence and stress.
MANY SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS IN CLEARWATER ARE CAUSED BY PROPERTY OWNERS’ NEGLIGENCE
What’s tragic is that many of these Florida fall injuries could have been prevented if property owners and managers had followed the law. Property owners and managers have a legal duty to use reasonable care to maintain their premises in a way that makes them safe for customers, visitors, and guests. When property owners are negligent and fail to fulfill their duty to keep their premises safe, the owners may be held legally responsible if a visitor slips or trips and falls because of their negligence.
If you were recently seriously injured in a slip and fall accident in Clearwater or elsewhere in the state, Florida law gives you the right to pursue financial compensation for your injuries from the owner. This compensation may include your medical expenses, pain, suffering and other losses.
The experienced Clearwater slip and fall lawyers from the renowned Dennis Hernandez law firm can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. To find out if you have a good case for filing a lawsuit against a negligent property owner, call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page. Our expert legal advice and services are FREE for you until we WIN your case.
HOW MUCH MONEY CAN I EXPECT TO RECEIVE IF I FILE A SLIP AND FALL INJURY LAWSUIT IN CLEARWATER?
If you were injured because you slipped and fell due to a property manager or owner’s negligence, you have the right to sue for compensation for your injuries. You can seek compensation for all the expenses and losses that your injury caused and is expected to cause from the time of the injury, to now, and into the future.
These expenses and losses include:
- Medical expenses, including emergency room care, hospital stays, treatment in doctors’ offices, surgery, medication, diagnostic tests, assistive devices (such as canes and wheelchairs), home care, if needed, rehabilitation, and even necessary home modifications.
- Income losses, including wages or salary lost because you had to cut back on your hours, couldn’t work at all, or could only work in a job that paid less than you used to earn before your injuries.
- Pain and suffering, including physical pain, emotional trauma, depression, or anxiety.
- Quality of life losses, including disabilities, disfigurement, scarring, and diminished capacity to enjoy life.
- Your family’s losses, including their loss of your support, assitance, and companionship.
The amount of financial compensation you receive will depend on how severely you were injured and what treatments you need. It will also depend on whether you try to go up against the insurance company on your own, or you have an experienced and dedicated attorney on your side to fight for your rights.
The Dennis Hernandez Clearwater slip and fall lawyers have the skill, resources, and passion for justice to help you get all the compensation that is available for you under Florida law. We will protect your rights and fight for the full, fair compensation you deserve.
HOW DOES NEGLIGENCE CAUSE SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS IN CLEARWATER?
When property owners and managers negligently fail to maintain their properties in a safe condition, customers and other visitors are put in danger of slipping and falling. Some of the slip and fall hazards that may cause severe injuries include:
- Spilled liquid that is not mopped up
- Loose or missing steps that are not fixed
- Poor lighting because of burnt-out lightbulbs or inadequate light fixtures
- Loose carpeting
- Pavement that is not properly maintained and is cracked, chipped, or uneven
- Electrical cords carelessly strung across aisles.
- Violations of health and safety codes
The Dennis Hernandez Clearwater slip and fall lawyers will investigate the cause of your slip and fall accident and identify who is the negligent party that should be held responsible for your injuries. We will then help you bring a claim against them for the all damages you have suffered and may suffer in the future and fight for the full amount you deserve.
WHAT SERIOUS INJURIES CAN YOU GET FROM SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS?
Slip and fall accidents often cause serious or fatal injuries. These include life-altering injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Falls are the second most common cause of TBI-related fatalities.
- Broken bones and fractures. Broken hips and ribs are especially dangerous, but all broken bones may lead to complications.
- Spinal cord injuries. These may cause paralysis and/or loss of feeling in the limbs.
- Facial injuries. Injuries that cause facial scars or disfigurement can be emotionally traumatic.
- Internal injuries. The liver, spleen, and other internal organs can be damaged in a fall.
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Clearwater slip and fall lawyers will help ensure you get all the compensation you deserve by gathering and presenting evidence showing the full extent of your fall-related injuries and your ongoing need for treatment.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED CLEARWATER SLIP AND FALL LAWYER FOR THE HELP YOU NEED
The Dennis Hernandez Clearwater legal team will be your advocates for justice. We will investigate your slip and fall accident, gather evidence showing negligence, demonstrate the full extent of your need for substantial compensation, negotiate aggressively with the negligent party’s insurance company, and fight fiercely for your rights. We will help you through the entire legal process, keeping you well informed of progress on your case.
We will protect your rights and never back down. We are always ready to go to court, if needed, and fight to win. We never back down and we never settle for less than the full amount you deserve!
To get started on your Clearwater slip and fall case, give us a call today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website.