East Lake Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle riders and passengers are much more likely to get hurt when they are in accidents than are drivers and passengers in cars because they are far less protected from the force of a collision’s impact. In fact, data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) shows that for every mile traveled, motorcyclists are 29 times more likely to be killed than are occupants of cars.
Unfortunately, Florida is one of the leading states for motorcycle accidents, with more than 8,600 crashes in one year. In East Lake and surrounding Pinellas County alone, there are more than 430 motorcycle crashes every year, causing about 385 injuries and 27 fatalities, according to the Crash Dashboard of the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
If you have been seriously injured in a recent Florida motorcycle accident, you may be facing many new challenges. In addition to needing medical treatment, motorcycle accident victims often suffer with pain, stress and depression. Mounting medical expenses and loss of income can also cause financial hardship.
The Dennis Hernandez East Lake motorcycle accident lawyers understand these problems and want to help. We have helped hundreds of Florida families affected by accident injuries and want to put our experience and legal expertise to work helping you receive all the compensation that Florida law provides for your medical care, lost income, and suffering.
Call us at 855-529-3366 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to discuss your accident with an experienced Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyer and get free expert legal advice.
Compensation Is Available for People Seriously Injured in Motorcycle Accidents in East Lake, Florida
If you were injured in a motorcycle crash in Florida that was at least partially caused by the other driver’s negligence or wrongful actions, you could be entitled to a substantial amount of financial compensation. This compensation may cover both the immediate and the long-term effects of your injuries.
Compensation may be available for your current and future:
- Medical expenses, including doctors’ fees, hospital stays, diagnostic tests, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation services, and even transportation to and from medical appointments.
- Rehabilitation services, assistive devices, necessary medical equipment, and at-home care.
- Loss of income if your injuries prevent you from working at all or make it necessary to cut back your hours and/or take a lower-paying job.
- Physical pain and suffering
- Trauma and emotional distress
- Scars, disfigurement and disability
- Your family’s loss of the level of companionship and support that you provided before your accident.
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The Dennis Hernandez East Lake motorcycle accident lawyers can help you recover the full extent of all your injury-related expenses and losses. We have the experience and resources to build a strong case showing your present and future financial needs that are the result of the accident.
Serious Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents in East Lake and throughout Florida
More than four out of five motorcycle crashes cause injuries, many of them serious. Some of the most serious injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). These injuries may cause severe and permanent impairments or death. The Florida Department of Transportation reports that more than a third of motorcyclist fatalities are related to TBIs.
- Spinal cord injuries. Like TBIs, severe spinal cord injuries may cause permanent disability or death.
- Broken bones. Multiple fractures are unfortunately common in motorcycle crashes. Broken ribs may cause fatal complications, especially for older motorcyclists.
- Injuries to legs, arms, feet, and hands. Serious injuries of the lower and upper extremities are common in motorcycle accidents.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents That Injure East Lake Residents
According to data provided by the National Transportation Safety Board, most collisions between motorcycles and other vehicles are caused by errors made by the driver of the other vehicle, For example, a common cause of motorcycle accidents is when a driver of an enclosed vehicle doesn’t see a motorcycle. These drivers may fail to check their blind spots, or they may not be paying enough attention to what is going on around them on the road.
Impairment from drugs or alcohol, fatigue from too many hours on the road, and distraction from cell phones or conversations with passengers are all common reasons why drivers aren’t paying attention and fail to notice a motorcycle or a dangerous condition, such as an obstacle in the road.
A Dennis Hernandez East Lake motorcycle accident lawyer can investigate your accident and determine who was at fault. Even if both you and the other driver were at fault, you may still have a good case for receiving compensation from the other driver, since Florida uses a system of comparative fault when determining how much compensation an injured accident victim can recover.
We would be glad to provide a free consultation and case review and advise you on your best course of action. Call us at 855-529-3366 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form to get started.
Help is Available in East Lake for Pursuing Full, Fair Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Injuries
If you have been seriously injured in a recent Florida motorcycle crash, our motorcycle accident attorneys are here to help you. We will consult with you about your accident and make sure you understand the legal claims process. Then we will investigate the accident, gather the evidence necessary to prove fault, consult with medical experts, and analyze your injuries to build a compelling case showing your full need for substantial compensation for all the effects of your injuries.
We will negotiate forcefully with the other driver’s insurance company, never accepting an offer that is a penny less than you deserve. We will be ready to take your case to the courtroom if that’s what it takes to get you the financial award you deserve. You can be assured that we don’t leave money on the table and we never back down!
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to find out how you can pursue a winning claim against the at-fault driver.