Orlando Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
People throughout the U.S. are increasingly shopping and making purchases online. This is especially true in Florida, where interest in online shopping, as measured by data from Google Trends, is higher than anywhere else in the country.
Due to this increase in online shopping, there are many more delivery trucks on the streets in the Orlando metropolitan area than ever before, which, unfortunately, can lead to more vehicle crashes on our roadways. Delivery truck drivers are often under pressure from their companies to meet their daily quotas. Given this pressure, they may sacrifice safety for speed, drive while fatigued or distracted, and put other drivers and pedestrians at risk of being hit because of their negligence or wrongful conduct.
If you have been injured in a delivery van or truck crash in Florida, you may be facing many new difficulties. Medical treatments and health care expenses, physical pain, mental anguish, and lost income can be overwhelming and devastating to you and your family.
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Orlando truck accident lawyers understand this and want to help. We have been helping injured accident victims throughout Florida for more than twenty-five years and will put our experience and legal expertise to work for you, holding the negligent party or parties accountable and getting you the full, fair compensation you deserve for all the damages you have suffered.
To find out if you have a good case for filing a claim or a lawsuit against the negligent party and protect your rights under Florida law, call us at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page.
What Causes Delivery Truck Crashes in Orlando?
Delivery truck drivers are often under pressure to deliver an extremely high volume of packages. This may cause them to rush and to be careless – and that leads to accidents. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Fatigue. After hours on the road delivering packages, drivers may be too tired to drive safely, but they are still under pressure to meet their quotas. They may keep on driving without taking a break, even though they are so drowsy that they have a much higher risk of getting into an accident.
- Distraction. Delivery truck drivers may be distracted by texting on their phones, or they may take their eyes off the road ahead of them to look for their next delivery stop. The combination of fatigue and distraction is especially dangerous, because drivers who are tired are more likely to get distracted.
- Sudden stops and turns. Drivers may see their delivery destination at the last minute and slam on their brakes, or they may go past it and make a sudden U-turn. Either way, they are putting the drivers around them at risk.
- Inexperienced drivers. The need for delivery truck drivers is growing. When package delivery companies and online retailers can’t find enough experienced drivers, they have to hire drivers with little or no experience. The training these companies provide may be inadequate to teach drivers how to handle various driving situations safely.
- Maintenance problems. If the delivery trucks are not properly maintained and repaired, they can be dangerous on the road.
A Dennis Hernandez Orlando delivery truck accident lawyer has the experience and the access to resources needed to investigate the cause of your accident and identify all negligent parties. We will work tirelessly to gather the evidence needed to hold the negligent parties responsible for causing your injuries.
What Types of Serious Injuries May Result from Orlando Delivery Truck Accidents?
When a delivery truck collides with a car, the car’s occupants may be seriously hurt due to the truck’s greater size and weight. Some of the common delivery truck accident injuries are:
- Serious cuts and lacerations in the face or other areas of the body.
- Injuries to the limbs. In rare cases, these may require amputation.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which can cause severe impairment or death.
- Spinal cord injuries, which may cause paralysis and/or loss of sensation.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Burn injuries.
People with any of these or any other serious injuries from delivery truck accidents may require long-term or lifelong medical and rehabilitative care. These injuries may also cause long-term or permanent disability, along with emotional distress.
The Dennis Hernandez Orlando truck accident lawyers can help you get the compensation you need to get quality medical care and to compensate you for your long-term physical, emotional, and financial losses. Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case.
Who Can Be Held Financially Responsible for Your Orlando Truck Accident Injuries?
Florida law gives you the right to seek compensation for your injuries from the parties whose negligence caused or contributed to the accident. However, first, you need to identify the negligent parties. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, the negligent parties could be the:
- Driver’s employer, who could be the delivery company or a subcontractor of the company
- Owner of the goods being delivered
- Manufacturers of the delivery truck and its parts
- Companies that did the truck’s maintenance and repairs
The Dennis Hernandez legal team will thoroughly investigate your delivery truck accident. We will gather evidence to show whose negligence contributed to the crash, and we will fight to hold them accountable for your damages.
What Compensation Are You Entitled to for Delivery Truck Accident Injuries?
If you have been injured in a delivery truck accident in Orlando or anywhere else in Florida, you may be entitled to compensation for your present and future expenses and losses. The amount you may be entitled to depends on the type of injuries you sustained, the type of treatment you need, your ability to work and other factors. However, in general, you may be entitled to financial compensation for:
- Expenses for medical treatment, including hospital stays, medical procedures, diagnostic tests, office visits, medication and assistive devices
- Rehabilitation and home health care
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity
- Mental anguish and stress
- Physical pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Your family’s loss of your assistance, guidance and companionship
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Orlando delivery truck accident legal team will build a compelling case showing the full extent of your need for compensation for the many expenses and losses that your injuries have caused.
Get Free Expert Advice on Filing a Lawsuit After an Orlando Delivery Truck Accident
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Orlando truck accident lawyers welcome the opportunity to discuss your accident with you and advise you on your best legal options. We will then investigate the accident, find the evidence needed to build a strong case showing who was at fault, demonstrate your full need for compensation for your current and future losses and expenses, and negotiate vigorously with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
We never accept a settlement offer from the insurance company that is a penny less than you deserve. If they will not agree to a fair amount of compensation, we will fight in court to win a fair award. At Dennis Hernandez, we have the experience and skill to win the substantial compensation you deserve. We don’t back down, and we don’t settle for less than the full amount you need and deserve.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your Orlando truck accident case.