Apopka Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Florida is one of the leading states for motorcycle accidents in the United States. Data from the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Crash Dashboard shows that every year, there are more than 400,400 motorcycle accidents in Florida, injuring more than a quarter of a million people and causing more than 3,700 deaths. In Orange County alone, more than 27,300 motorcycles crash each year, with more than 23,000 people injured and over 200 killed.
Many of those accidents have tragic outcomes. When motorcycle riders get hurt in crashes, their injuries are often severe. Mounting bills from medical treatments, combined with having less income coming in, causes financial distress. There may seem to be no end in sight.
If you’ve been seriously injured r in a motorcycle accident where the other driver was at least partially at fault, you don’t have to deal with these problems on your own. The experienced Dennis Hernandez Apopka motorcycle accident lawyers can help you file a claim to get the substantial compensation you need to relieve the financial pressure and move on with your life.
Causes of Apopka, Florida, Motorcycle Crashes
Human errors and failures cause most motorcycle crashes, according to a report from the National Transportation Safety Board. Most often, passenger and commercial vehicle drivers are at fault, rather than motorcycle riders.
In Apopka, Florida, and throughout the country, motorcycle accidents are often caused by:
- Drivers who don’t see the motorcycles near them. Because motorcycles are so much smaller than cars and trucks, they can be harder to see. Drivers of passenger and commercial vehicles can cause accidents if they are negligent and fail to check their blind spots when changing lanes or fail to look over their shoulders when making left-hand turns.
- Rider inexperience. Safely riding a motorcycle on the road takes a great deal of skill. Inexperienced riders are more likely to lose control of their bikes and crash.
- Bad road conditions. Drivers are responsible for adjusting their speed and other aspects of their driving in bad weather or when there are obstacles or other hazards on the road. If they do not adjust for bad road conditions or bad weather, they can collide with other vehicles or motorcycles.
- Accidents caused by open doors. If someone in a parked car or truck opens a door without properly checking for oncoming traffic, they can create a deadly trap for motorcyclists.
- Driving under the influence. When either the other driver or the motorcycle rider is impaired by alcohol or drugs, a serious accident can occur. People under the influence of drugs or alcohol do not perceive potentially dangerous situations as readily or react as quickly as those who are not under the influence, and accidents often occur due to their impairment.
Common Injuries in Apopka Motorcycle Accidents
If you were injured in a motorcycle crash, you are not alone. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that more than 80% of motorcycle accidents cause injuries. You are four times more likely to be injured in a motorcycle accident than in an accident that involves only cars.
Unfortunately, many motorcycle accident injuries are serious or fatal. These serious injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the spinal cord often cause permanent loss of strength, sensation, and function below the site of the injury.
- Limb injuries. Injuries to the arms or the legs can be severe and may even require amputation.
- Fractured or broken bones. Severe and multiple fractures are common in motorcycle accidents. Older riders are especially likely to have multiple broken ribs.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Brain injuries can be mild, severe, or fatal, and are more common when riders fail to properly wear helmets.
The Lasting Effect of Motorcycle Accident Injuries on Apopka Riders and Their Families
Serious injuries from motorcycle accidents don’t just go away on their own. Accident victims may need surgery or other treatments that require hospitalization, ongoing rehabilitation services, assistive equipment and care at home. They may lose part or all of their income and find themselves unable to do the things they used to do. Pain may be chronic. All these changes are challenging and upsetting. Emotional distress, depression, and anxiety are common for people who have been seriously injured in motorcycle accidents.
Compensation for your injuries will ease your financial burden and give you the peace of mind of knowing that you can afford the treatments and care you need, both now and in the future. A Dennis Hernandez Apopka motorcycle accident lawyer has the experience, knowledge, and passion for justice to ensure you get the substantial compensation you deserve for your treatments, pain and suffering, lost income, and more.
How Much Compensation Is Possible for Motorcycle Accident Victims in Apopka?
The amount of compensation you may be entitled to for damages related to your motorcycle accident injuries depends on different factors, such as the severity of your physical injuries, your ability to work now and your future earning capacity, as well as your part, if any, in causing the accident. However, in general an injured victim can recover compensation for the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Past, present and future medical expenses related to the accident injuries
- Rehabilitative care
- Mental anguish
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Physical pain and suffering
- Your family’s loss of your support, assistance and companionship
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
Our motorcycle accident lawyers can help you understand all the damages for which you may be able to recover substantial compensation. We will take all possible damages into account to get you the full compensation you need and deserve.
Get the Help You Need after a Florida Motorcycle Accident
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle crash in which the other driver was completely or partially at fault, the experienced Dennis Hernandez Apopka motorcycle accident lawyers will fight on your behalf for the compensation you deserve. We will:
- Thoroughly investigate the crash and gather the evidence needed of to demonstrate the other driver’s negligence.
- Amass the evidence necessary to show the full extent of your need for compensation for your current and future medical care, lost income, emotional distress, and your family’s loss of your companionship and support.
- Negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company and never accept an offer that is less than what you deserve.
- Be ready to fight for you in court, if the insurance company refuses to make a fair settlement offer. We won’t back down or leave money on the table!
- Give your case the time and attention it deserves, respond promptly to all of your questions and concerns and keep you updated on progress.
For the help you need in Apopka, call us at 855-529-3366, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page. We look forward to talking with you and putting our experience to work for you. Your consultations, legal advice and case preparation are free until you achieve the settlement or award you deserve.