Riverview Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Riverview, Florida, is a great place to ride a motorcycle and enjoy the many scenic routes in the area. Unfortunately, as the population of Riverview has grown, traffic on the roads has gotten worse, and motorcycle accidents happen more often.
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles’ Crash Dashboard shows that there were 582 motorcycle crashes in Hillsborough County last year alone. These accidents injured 515 people and killed 35.
If you or a family member have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in the Riverview area or anywhere in Florida, and the other driver was at least partially at fault, you could be experiencing many injury-related problems. Medical expenses can be overwhelming, especially if you can no longer work. Physical pain and suffering, accompanied by mental distress can also be devastating.
The Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyers understand these problems and want to help. You may be entitled to receive substantial compensation for your injuries, lost income, and suffering. We have extensive experience fighting for the rights of accident victims and welcome the chance to hear about what happened to you and help you get the full and fair compensation you deserve.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Riverview, Florida?
Motorcycle accidents in Riverview are usually caused by somebody being negligent and making a mistake. Most of the time, the person who makes the mistake is the driver of the other vehicle, not the motorcyclist.
The most common mistake that drivers of the other vehicles make is failing to notice what is happening around them. They may not see a motorcycle that is near them, or they may not notice a dangerous condition.
According to a study from the National Transportation Safety Board, in motorcycle accidents, drivers of the other vehicles make these kinds of failure-to-notice errors twice as often as motorcycle riders do. Motorcycle accidents often happen when the other vehicle is turning left in front of the motorcycle or when the other vehicle sideswipes the motorcycle because the vehicle driver failed to check his or her blind spots when changing lanes.
Other common causes of motorcycle accidents in Riverview include:
- Motorcycle riders losing control and falling while trying to avoid a collision with another vehicle
- Vehicle drivers or motorcycle riders impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Rider inexperience
- Failure to adjust to dangerous weather or road conditions
A Dennis Hernandez Riverview motorcycle accident lawyer will gather the evidence to determine who was at fault in your accident and be able to demonstrate the other driver’s negligence.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Riverview, Florida
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that an astonishing 80% of motorcycle crashes cause injury or death. This is far more than in car crashes, where only 20% of the people involved get injured or killed.
Unfortunately, motorcycle riders are often severely hurt in accidents. Common serious motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Head injuries are a common cause of severe injury or death in motorcycle accidents.
- Broken bones. Severe cases may involve broken ribs or multiple fractures.
- Leg injuries. Leg injuries are common motorcycle accident injuries and include bone fractures and soft-tissue injuries. Severe leg injuries may impair the ability to walk or may require amputation.
- Burns can be very severe and painful following an accident.
- Spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the spinal cord may cause paralysis, which can be temporary but is often permanent.
How Much Compensation Can You Collect for Riverview Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
You may be entitled to substantial compensation for the harm you suffer now and in the future because of your accident injuries. This harm may include:
- Current and future medical expenses for treating your injuries, including doctors, hospitals, surgeries, treatments, medications, rehabilitation, office visits, transportation to care facilities and assistive devices.
- Current and future income losses because your injuries prevent you from working as much as you used to, keep you from working at all, or require you to take lower-paying jobs.
- Physical pain and suffering stemming from your motorcycle accident injury.
- Mental anguish, grief, depression and anxiety related to your injury.
- Loss of the ability to do the things you used to do and diminished capacity to enjoy life.
- Scarring, disfigurement and disability.
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, support, and guidance.
A Dennis Hernandez Riverview motorcycle accident lawyer can help ensure you get all the compensation you deserve for all the ways that your injuries have changed your life.
How a Riverview Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
The experienced Riverview motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez are ready to help you get all the compensation you deserve. If you become our client and sue the at-fault driver, we will:
- Guide you through the legal process every step of the way.
- Investigate the accident to gather evidence to prove the other driver’s fault.
- Analyze your injuries and medical treatments to demonstrate the full extent of your need for compensation for current and future medical care.
- Negotiate aggressively with the insurance company so that you don’t have to.
- Leverage our litigation experience and be fully prepared to go to trial if necessary to get you a fair result.
- Never back down until you get everything you deserve!
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.