Kissimmee Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents in the Kissimmee, Florida, area and throughout the country often cause serious injuries. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration reports there are more than half a million truck crashes each year. Almost 30% of these crashes cause injuries, and in 1% of the crashes, somebody dies.
Trucks can be 20 to 30 times heavier than cars and other passenger vehicles, and they are harder to maneuver. Therefore, in a collision between a truck and a car, the weight and size of the truck increase the chances that the people in the passenger vehicle will be severely injured.
If you or a loved one has recently been seriously injured in an accident involving a truck, you may be experiencing many challenges. In addition to possible pain and the need for medical treatment, you may not be able to work or do many of the things you used to. You may have unexpected healthcare expenses and be worried about the future.
The experienced Kissimmee Dennis Hernandez truck accident lawyers have helped hundreds of Florida accident victims and want to help you. Call us at 855-529-3366 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website so we can hear about what happened in your accident and advise you on your best course of action. You may well be able to pursue a claim against those who were at fault for the accident and obtain substantial compensation for your pain, suffering and losses.
Causes of Kissimmee Truck Accidents
An in-depth study conducted by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration found that many accidents involving large trucks happen when:
- Trucks go out of their lanes
- Truck drivers lose control of their trucks
- Trucks rear-end other vehicles
Common problems causing truck accidents include:
- Problems with the truck’s brakes
- Truck drivers going too fast for the road or weather conditions
- Drivers being unfamiliar with the road
- Hazardous road conditions
- Drivers using over-the-counter or prescription drugs
- Driver fatigue
- Drivers feeling pressure from their companies to get to their destinations faster
- Drivers breaking traffic laws
- Drivers being distracted or otherwise not paying attention
- Problems with the truck’s tires
- Truck drivers following another vehicle too closely
- Drivers impaired by illegal drugs or alcohol
- Driver illness
A Dennis Hernandez Kissimmee truck accident lawyer will thoroughly investigate the cause of your accident and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate the other driver’s negligence.
Who Is Responsible for the Harm Caused by a Truck Accident in Kissimmee, Florida,?
If you were seriously injured in a truck accident in Kissimmee or anywhere in Florida, you may be entitled to pursue a claim for compensation against the at-fault party or parties who were partially or totally responsible for the accident.
In an accident involving a truck and a car, more people and/or companies may be at fault than would be the case in an accident that involves only cars. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, in addition to the truck driver, other parties that might be held responsible could include the trucking company, the owner of the cargo, the manufacturer of the truck, and whoever is responsible for the truck’s maintenance and repairs.
A Dennis Hernandez Kissimmee truck accident lawyer has the knowledge and experience to identify all the possible parties who contributed to the accident and bring them all into a lawsuit to ensure that you receive the full compensation you deserve.
Recovering Damages with a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Kissimmee, Florida
With a Kissimmee, Florida lawsuit against the parties whose negligence contributed to the truck accident, you can pursue compensation for all the harm you are suffering from the accident. This may include compensation for:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses, including doctor visits, surgery, hospital stays, diagnostic tests, medication, at-home care, assistive devices, and transportation costs to and from medical appointments
- Lost income and loss of earning power if you are unable to work at all, unable to work as many hours, or have to take a lower-paying job because of your injuries
- Physical pain and suffering
- Trauma and emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, guidance and assistance
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The Dennis Hernandez Kissimmee truck accident lawyers will investigate and gather evidence showing the full extent of the harm you are suffering from the accident. We will show your expenses and losses since the time of the accident and provide a compelling estimate of the injury-related expenses and losses you are expected to have to deal with in the future. We want to make sure you get the full, fair compensation you need and deserve.
How an Experienced Kissimmee Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You Get Full and Fair Compensation for Your Injuries
An experienced and dedicated Dennis Hernandez Kissimmee truck accident lawyer will fight for your right to achieve justice and fair compensation for your injuries. We will identify all the at-fault parties whose negligence played a part in the accident and fight to hold them responsible for the damage they caused.
- Support you throughout the legal process, keeping you updated on progress on your case and responding promptly to all of your questions and concerns.
- Gather the evidence needed to build a strong and compelling case demonstrating the other parties’ negligence.
- Negotiate aggressively with the at-fault parties’ insurance companies on your behalf.
- Demonstrate your full need for compensation for all the physical, financial, and emotional damage the accident caused you and your family.
- Refuse any settlement offer that is a penny less than what you deserve.
- Be prepared to fight and win in the courtroom, if necessary.
- Never back down!
Call us at 855-529-3366, or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case. We will put our experience and legal expertise to work to get you the full compensation you deserve.