Palm Harbor Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
People are doing a lot of their shopping online these days, especially in Florida. In Palm Harbor, throughout Florida, delivery trucks are a common sight on the roads. They line our residential streets and speed down our state roadways.
While shopping online often makes people’s lives easier, it has come with a tragic cost. Delivery trucks cause many devastating accidents. The drivers are under tremendous pressure to get their packages delivered quickly. Their delivery quotas are often so unreasonable that they have no time to take much-needed rest breaks after working long hours non-stop. Fatigued drivers are dangerous, as safety gets sacrificed for speed.
If you were the victim of an accident caused or partially caused by a negligent delivery truck driver, you may be entitled to receive substantial compensation for the damages you have suffered. To have the best chance of receiving all the compensation that Florida law provides, you should get help from an experienced Palm Harbor delivery truck accident lawyer.
The Dennis Hernandez accident lawyers have helped hundreds of injured victims in Florida obtain the substantial compensation they need and deserve. We want to hear what happened to you and help you pursue the compensation you need. Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case. Our expert legal advice and services are free to you until you win your case.
Types of Delivery Truck Accidents
Many delivery truck accidents involve a collision between a delivery truck and a passenger vehicle. However, delivery trucks also get into other types of accidents. Some recent accidents in Florida involved delivery trucks that:
- Crashed into homes
- Crashed into stores
- Collided with other delivery trucks
- Hit bicycle riders
- Struck or ran over pedestrians
- Slammed into a line of stopped cars while traveling 70 mph on cruise control
No matter what type of accident you had with a delivery truck, whether you were a driver in another vehicle, a passenger, a pedestrian, or a cyclist, the experienced Dennis Hernandez Palm Harbor delivery truck accident lawyers can help. We are committed to fighting for the rights of accident victims who were injured by the negligent acts of others.
Types of Serious Injuries from Palm Harbor Delivery Truck Accidents
A delivery truck or van is larger and heavier than a passenger vehicle. When the two collide, the people in the car often suffer the most. Their injuries can be severe and life-changing. Serious injuries from delivery truck crashes include:
- Damage to internal organx
- Fractured bones
- Scars or other permanent disfigurement
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to arms, legs, hands, feet, neck, or back
If you are eligible for compensation, you may be compensated for the expenses of treating your injuries and also for the other effects your injuries have had on your life, such as pain, emotional suffering, disfigurement, or disability. Our truck accident lawyers will assess the full extent of your injuries and the damages you have suffered to pursue maximum compensation for you.
How Do Delivery Truck Accidents Happen in Palm Harbor?
Some of the most common ways that truck driver negligence causes crashes include:
- Delivery drivers whose fatigue causes them to doze off behind the wheel or to have slow reaction time or bad driving judgment.
- Delivery drivers who are speeding or breaking other traffic laws.
- Delivery drivers who don’t watch where they are going because they are looking for addresses on homes or using their devices.
- Delivery drivers who are impaired by alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, fentanyl, or other legal or illegal drugs.
- Delivery drivers who have trouble handling their trucks because they are inexperienced and poorly trained.
As your delivery truck accident lawyers, we will thoroughly investigate the accident and gather and present the evidence needed to show that the driver (or other party) was negligent. This is a key part of proving that the negligent party should be held financially responsible for your injury-related expenses and losses.
Who Can Be Held Responsible in a Palm Harbor Delivery Truck Crash?
In a car accident, typically it’s only the driver who is held negligent. Delivery truck accident cases are more complex. In addition to the delivery truck driver, other parties may be negligent. These can include the delivery or retail company that employs the driver, the manufacturer of the truck, and the party responsible for maintenance and repair.
You have the best chance of receiving full compensation if you can identify and all the potentially liable parties in your lawsuit. The experienced Dennis Hernandez Palm Harbor truck accident lawyers have the resources and expertise to identify all the parties who should be held responsible for your injuries and pursue maximum compensation for you.
What Kind Compensation Can You Obtain for Delivery Truck Accident Injuries?
If you have been injured in an accident caused or partially caused by someone else’s negligence, Florida law gives the right to seek compensation for damages that resulted from the accident. These damages can be economic and non-economic in nature, and they can include those you have suffered as well as those you may suffer in the future, including:
- Your physical pain and suffering
- Any mental anguish, depression, and anxiety you experience
- Decreased ability to enjoy life
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, surgery, out-patient procedures, diagnostic tests, medication, office visits, transportation to medical appointments, medical equipment, and assistive devices.
- Rehabilitation and care expenses
- Lost income, including income lost because you cannot work in the same capacity you used to or cannot work at all.
- Scarring, disfigurement, and disability
- Your family’s loss of your guidance, assistance and companionship
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The experienced Dennis Hernandez truck accident lawyers in Palm Harbor are committed to gathering and presenting the evidence needed for a strong case showing the full extent of your need for substantial compensation.
Get the Expert Legal Help You Need in Palm Harbor for Your Delivery Truck Accident Injuries
The Dennis Hernandez Palm Harbor truck accident legal team is here to help. As your lawyers, we will
- Investigate the accident thoroughly to identify all negligent parties and amass the evidence needed to prove negligence
- Examine medical records and consult with experts to build a compelling case demonstration your full need for substantial compensation
- Negotiate aggressively with the insurance company for a fair settlement.
- Keep you well informed of progress on your case.
- Be well prepared to take the fight to the courtroom if that’s what it takes to get the full amount you need and deserve.
At Dennis Hernandez we are committed to fighting for justice for our clients. We never back down and we never settle for less than the full amount you deserve.
Fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website or call us at 855-529-3366 to get started on your case. Our expert legal advice and services are free until you win your case.