Lehigh Acres Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
A commercial truck often weighs 25 to 30 times more than a car. Therefore, when a semi collides with a car, it can cause severe damage to the car and serious injuries or fatalities to its driver and passengers. Unfortunately, collisions involving semi-trucks are common, in part because a truck’s massive size and weight make it harder to handle than a passenger vehicle. Every year, throughout the country, there are approximately 5,000 fatal accidents that involve large trucks.
If you were recently seriously injured in a crash with a semi-truck, you may be facing long-term problems, including chronic pain, the need for ongoing medical treatment, the inability to do everything you could do before the accident, as well as stress, anxiety, and depression. Meanwhile, mounting medical bills and decreased income could be causing financial hardship for your family.
The Dennis Hernandez Lehigh Acres semi-truck accident lawyers understand these challenges and want to help you get through this difficult time. We have helped hundreds of Florida families impacted by serious accident injuries obtain the financial compensation they deserve for their pain, suffering and losses. Let us put our experience and legal skill to work for you.
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to talk with an experienced semi-truck accident lawyer about your accident. Our expert legal advice and legal services are free to you until we win your case.
Who Is Liable for Damages in a Lehigh Acres Semi-Truck Accident Case?
Under Florida law, you are entitled to bring a claim against parties who caused or contributed to your injury accident. That is, if you can show that they were negligent and that their negligence led or contributed to the accident in which you were injured, you have the right to hold them liable for economic and non-economic damages, such as medical expenses, pain, suffering, lost income and other losses.
In injury accidents involving semi-trucks, identifying all the parties who may be held liable can be a complex task, since several parties could have been negligent, including:
- The person who was driving the semi at the time of the accident
- The company that owns the truck
- The company that owns the cargo the semi was carrying
- Companies or people responsible for the semi’s maintenance and repair
- The company that manufactured the semi-truck
- The manufacturer of any defective parts or parts that failed, such as the brakes or tires
Our Lehigh Acres truck accident lawyers have the experience necessary to thoroughly investigate your accident to determine what caused the collision. We will conduct the research necessary to identify all possible parties who may have caused or contributed to causing the accident and build a compelling case demonstrating that their negligence caused or contributed to causing the semi-truck accident.
How Much Money Can I Get from a Lehigh Acres Semi-Truck Accident Lawsuit?
By bringing a claim or lawsuit against the people and/or companies who were at fault for your semi-truck accident, you can seek to hold the negligent parties responsible for the harm you have suffered and will continue to suffer because of your injuries.
Your injuries have changed your life. With the help of a Lehigh Acres semi-truck accident lawyer, you can pursue financial compensation for the expenses and losses you are experiencing because of your injuries. These may include past, present, and future:
- Costs for medical treatment, diagnostic tests, procedures, doctor visits, hospital stays, medication, rehabilitation services, assistive devices and equipment, and home care
- Income lost if you can’t work as much as you did before you were injured, if you have to take on lower-paying work, or if you can’t work at all
- Psychological effects, including PTSD, anxiety, and depression
- Physical pain and suffering
- Permanent scars or disfigurement
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of abilities
- Your family’s loss of your company, assistance and affection
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The exact amount of compensation you may receive will depend on how much the defendants were at fault for the accident, the seriousness of your injuries, how much treatment you need and for how long, and the other ways that your injuries are affecting your life.
A Dennis Hernandez Lehigh Acres semi-truck lawyer will fight for your right to obtain every penny of the compensation that you are entitled to receive. We won’t leave money on the table.
Common Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents in Lehigh Acres
Semi-truck accidents may occur because:
- The driver of the semi is impaired, not paying attention, makes a driving mistake or is otherwise negligent when driving.
- The truck or one or more of its parts fail because they are defective, improperly installed or improperly maintained.
- The road, traffic or weather conditions are hazardous.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration reports that brake failures are a common cause of semi-truck accidents, but speeding is the most common type of driver negligence that causes crashes. Driver fatigue is also a particular problem for semi-truck drivers who may be under pressure from their companies to drive long hours.
Legal Help Is Available in Lehigh Acres for People Injured in Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were seriously injured in a semi-truck accident anywhere in Florida, the Dennis Hernandez Lehigh Acres accident injury lawyers can help you obtain the justice you want and financial compensation you need. We have the experience, skill and resources to fight and win full, fair compensation for you and your family.
We’ll put our experience, knowledge, skill and resources to work:
- Investigating the accident and identifying all negligent parties
- Amassing the evidence needed to build a compelling case demonstrating negligence and your full need for compensation
- Negotiating aggressively with the negligent parties’ insurance companies on your behalf
- Always protecting your interests and guiding you through every step of the process
- Being ready to take your case to trial, if necessary to get you the award you deserve
We fight for your rights and never back down!
Give us a call at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your Lehigh Acres semi-truck accident case.