North Port Car Accident Lawyers
The population of North Port, Florida, has grown from 6,200 in 1980 to 75,300 in 2021. With more people and more vehicles on the road in North Port and throughout Sarasota County, the number of car accidents has also increased. In fact, data from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shows that in a recent year, there were 6,466 motor vehicle crashes in Sarasota County, which caused 3,655 injuries and 51 deaths.
Many of the injuries caused by these car crashes are serious and require extensive treatment. If you or a loved one were hurt in an accident, you may face many problems at once, including lost income and mounting medical bills, but you don’t have to deal with these problems alone. Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney has helped hundreds of accident victims throughout Florida and can help you get the financial compensation you need to get back on track.
How Much Financial Compensation Can I Get for a Florida Car Accident?
If you file a lawsuit seeking compensation for your injuries from a car accident in Florida, you may receive financial compensation for your:
- Medical expenses, including doctors, hospitals, medication, therapy, assistive equipment, and costs of transportation to medical appointments.
- Lost income and lower earning capacity.
- Physical and emotional pain.
- Family members’ loss of companionship and support.
- Other losses and expenses stemming from your injury.
Compensation can include expenses and losses you’ve already suffered, those you are experiencing now, and those projected to occur in the future.
Can I File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit for a Florida Car Accident?
If a family member was killed in a car accident or passed away from injuries sustained in an accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death suit seeking compensation for your loved one’s injuries, funeral expenses, and other losses and expenses. Florida Statutes Section 768.19 states that these lawsuits can be filed when the other driver was at fault.
What Should I Do If I Was Injured in a Car Accident in Florida?
Follow these steps to get the help you need and to ensure you get all the compensation you are entitled to:
- Get immediate medical evaluation and any necessary treatment.
- Report the car accident to your insurance company.
- If you were seriously injured, file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company for any medical and other expenses that are more than $10,000. Your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) only pays up to $10,000 for medical treatment (Section 627.736 of the Florida Statutes), so you need to file a claim for the rest.
Should I Accept the Insurance Company’s Offer for Florida Car Crash Injuries?
The insurance company will try to pay you as little as possible. You should never accept their offer without first talking to a car accident attorney. The insurance company’s offer won’t compensate you for all the pain and suffering you are experiencing.
What Can a North Port Car Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
An experienced North Port car crash lawyer will protect your rights and stop the at-fault driver’s insurance company from taking advantage of you. When you have an attorney on your side, the attorney will:
- Collect evidence to show the other driver was at fault.
- Evaluate your medical records.
- Negotiate on your behalf with the other side.
- Prove that you need substantial compensation.
- Be prepared to go to trial if necessary.
- Fight hard for you and never back down.
Should I Pursue a Lawsuit for a Florida Car Accident?
Many people in Florida mistakenly believe they are not eligible to file a lawsuit for car crash injuries. They may have received bad advice about the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law, which allows you to sue for compensation for car crash injuries if your injuries are serious. They may have misunderstood what a “serious injury” means under the law.
You should always seek advice from an experienced Florida car accident lawyer about whether you are eligible to sue. Injuries that may entitle you to file a lawsuit include injuries affecting the neck, back, spinal cord, and brain, burns, broken bones, and loss of limbs. An experienced Florida lawyer can evaluate your situation and tell you whether you can sue for compensation for your mental anguish, pain, suffering, and inconvenience.
Get Help in North Port with Your Florida Car Accident Claim
The legal team at Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney is committed to getting you justice and fair compensation. We use our knowledge, resources, trial experience, and litigation skills to gather evidence, negotiate with the other side, prepare for trial, and build a strong case for your need for substantial financial compensation. We promise we won’t back down and won’t leave money on the table.
Fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website or call us in North Port at 941.210.0000 to get started on your case.