Largo Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
With its scenic roads and pleasant winters, Largo, Florida, is a great place to ride a motorcycle any time of the year. While riding can be both relaxing and exciting, it can also be very dangerous. Last year alone, there were 427 motorcycle crashes in Pinellas County, according to data reported by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Three hundred eighty-one people were injured in those crashes and 27 were killed.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle crash in Largo or anywhere in Florida, and the other driver caused or partially caused the accident, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for your medical expenses, pain, suffering, mental distress, diminished quality of life and lost income.
To make sure your legal rights to compensation are protected, you should consult an experienced Largo motorcycle accident lawyer. The Dennis Hernandez accident lawyers in Largo have helped hundreds of accident victims throughout Florida achieve justice and get the full, fair compensation they deserve. We welcome the chance to discuss your situation, tell you about your legal options, and put our experience to work helping you get the fair compensation you need.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Largo, Florida?
The National Transportation Safety Board has found that 81% of motorcycle crashes involve another vehicle, which is usually a passenger vehicle. According to their safety report, the vast majority of motorcycle crashes (94%) involve human error. More than half of the time, the driver of the other vehicle, and not the motorcycle rider, is the one who is negligent and makes the mistake.
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle crash that was caused, at least in part, by the other driver’s negligence, you may be able to sue the at-fault driver and seek substantial compensation from that driver’s insurance company. A Dennis Hernandez Largo motorcycle accident lawyer can guide you through the legal process and make sure your rights are protected and that you receive all the compensation that you are entitled to under Florida law.
Common types of vehicle driver negligence that cause or contribute to Largo motorcycle accidents include the motor vehicle driver
- not seeing the motorcycle while turning
- not checking blind spots when changing lanes
- not noticing dangerous road conditions
- driving while distracted or fatigued
- driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- opening doors in parked cars without checking to see if there is oncoming traffic.
Although motorcycle rider errors cause or contribute to less than half of motorcycle accidents, sometimes they are a factor in a crash. Common motorcyclist errors include inexperience with riding motorcycles on roads, speeding, not paying attention, and impairment.
It’s important to know that even if you think you may have made mistakes that contributed to the accident, you may still be entitled to receive compensation from the other driver if that driver also made mistakes or was negligent. An experienced Dennis Hernandez Largo motorcycle accident lawyer would be glad to discuss your accident with you and let you know if you have a good case for seeking compensation from the other driver free of charge.
Common Injuries in Largo, Florida, Motorcycle Accidents
Because motorcycle riders are more exposed than people in motor vehicles, motorcyclists are far more likely to be injured in accidents than drivers and passengers in enclosed vehicles. In fact, motorcyclists are four times more likely to be injured and 16 times more likely to be killed, compared to people in enclosed vehicles, according to accident data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Serious injuries are, unfortunately, common in motorcycle accidents. These include serious or multiple fractures, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal cord injuries, burns and severe injuries to the motorcyclist’s legs.
The Dennis Hernandez Largo motorcycle accident lawyers work with motorcycle riders who have all types of injuries. We consult with experts and analyze medical records to ensure you get all the compensation you need for your present and future injury-related medical care, pain, suffering, mental distress and losses associated with your injury..
Help is Available for Largo Motorcycle Accident Victims
A Dennis Hernandez Largo motorcycle accident lawyer will fight to protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, we will:
- Investigate your accident and gather evidence proving the other driver’s negligence.
- Work tirelessly to get you full compensation for your:
- Current and future needs for injury-related medical care, which may include doctor visits, diagnostic tests, medication, hospital stays, surgery, treatments, rehabilitation services, assistive devices, modifications needed in your home, and transportation to your medical appointments.
- Pain, suffering, loss of quality of life, and your family’s loss of your companionship, love, guidance, and support.
- Present and future lost or diminished income if you are temporarily or permanently unable to work your usual hours, have to take a lower-paying job, or can’t work at all because of your injuries.
- Negotiate aggressively with the negligent driver’s insurance company for the full settlement you deserve. (Insurance companies know we mean business and won’t settle for less than you deserve.)
- Be ready and eager to take the fight to the courtroom if that’s what it takes to get you fair compensation.
- Never back down!
Don’t wait too long to get started on your case. If you miss the deadlines, you could lose your right to seek compensation. Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website today!