Pinellas Park Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
Many people in Pinellas Park like to shop online for the convenience, cost savings, and selection. However, the popularity of online shopping has also created new problems. Locally, in Pinellas County and throughout the United States, there are an increasing number of delivery trucks on our roadways and residential streets. The drivers of these trucks are often tired and rushed, which makes them more likely to cause accidents.
If you were seriously injured in a recent accident involving a delivery truck, you may be entitled to compensation for your present and future medical expenses, lost income, and changes in your quality of life that were caused by your injuries. To have the best chance of getting the full compensation you need, it is important to get advice and help navigating the legal system from an experienced Florida truck accident lawyer.
Dennis Hernandez lawyers have been helping accident victims throughout Florida for more than twenty-five years. We understand the difficulties you may be facing and welcome the opportunity to put our experience, skill and resources to work for you.
To talk with an experienced attorney about your potential delivery truck accident case, call us today in at 855-529-3355 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION FORM on our website. Our expert legal advice and services are free until you win your case.
Common Serious Injuries Caused by Pinellas Park Delivery Truck Accidents
When a heavier and larger delivery van or truck collides with a lighter and smaller car, the drivers and passengers in the car can be seriously hurt. The common serious injuries that occur in these accidents include:
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Injuries to internal organs
- Fractures of the ribs or other bones, including multiple fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Injuries to limbs, hands, and feet
- Slipped discs
These injuries often require ongoing or lifelong medical treatment and rehabilitative therapy. They may cause disabilities or disfigurement. They can affect every aspect of your life.
With help from the Dennis Hernandez Pinellas Park delivery truck accident lawyers, you can seek the substantial settlement or jury award you need to handle some of the difficulties you now face. We are committed to fighting for the full, fair amount you deserve to relieve the financial pressure of your care and help compensate you for your losses.
Common Reasons for Delivery Truck Accidents in Pinellas Park, Florida
Most accidents on the road are caused by driver error. This is especially true for delivery truck accidents because of the intense pressure delivery drivers are under to deliver high volumes of packages quickly. This leads to dangerous driving behavior, including:
- Driving while drowsy. Drivers who are on the road for hours delivering packages should take a break when they get tired so that they don’t cause accidents. Unfortunately, delivery truck and van drivers often don’t have time to take breaks if they are to meet their quotas. The results can be disastrous. Drivers can nod off behind the wheel. Even if they manage to stay awake, their reaction time becomes impaired, which makes them a danger to other vehicles on the road.
- Inexperienced drivers. The need for delivery truck drivers is growing. Delivery companies may hire inexperienced drivers because they can’t find enough drivers who have experience driving trucks. The companies may also cut corners by not giving their new hires enough training.
- Distracted drivers. Delivery drivers may not be giving the road their full attention. They could be checking their devices, looking for addresses on the houses that they are passing, or reaching for something. They may also make sudden stops and quick turns if they spot an address at the last minute.
The skilled Dennis Hernandez investigators and truck accident lawyers will work tirelessly to identify the specific cause or causes of your accident so we can determine the party or parties that can be held responsible for the damages you have suffered and may continue to suffer in the future.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for Negligence in a Pinellas Park Delivery Truck Accident?
To file a lawsuit seeking compensation for injuries you sustained in a Pinellas Park motor vehicle accident, Florida law requires that the person or company you are suing was negligent and that their negligence caused or contributed to the accident. When the accident involves a delivery truck, there may be more than one party who was negligent. These parties may include the:
- Delivery truck driver
- Owner of the truck
- Owner of the products the truck was delivering
- Truck driver’s employer
- Manufacturer of the truck
- Manufacturer of the brakes, wheels, or other parts whose failure contributed to the accident
- Companies responsible for repairing, maintaining, and loading the truck
If more than one party was responsible for the accident, you can increase your chances of getting full compensation by naming all of them in a lawsuit. The experienced Dennis Hernandez Pinellas Park truck accident lawyers have the resources and experience to thoroughly investigate the accident, identify all negligent parties, and amass the evidence necessary to prove negligence.
How Much Compensation Will You Receive for a Delivery Truck Accident?
The amount you may receive by bringing a claim for damages against a negligent party or parties will vary considerably, depending on several factors, such as the extent of your physical injuries, the treatment you require, and your ability to work. Importantly, however, the compensation you receive can be substantial because it is meant to provide for both existing and future damages, such as medical expenses and losses.
These compensable damages may be both economic and non-economic, including:
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Your family’s loss of your support, guidance, and companionship
- Medical expenses, including surgeries and other procedures, diagnostic testing, hospital stays, medications, assistive devices, rehabilitation, and home care
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Scarring, disfigurement and disability
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The Dennis Hernandez Pinellas Park lawyers know that if you’ve been injured in a truck accident, you could be facing many life-altering challenges. We are committed to leaving no stone unturned in the fight for the full, fair compensation you need.
Get Help Today from an Experienced Pinellas Park Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
The Dennis Hernandez Pinellas Park truck accident team can help you get the full compensation you deserve. Work with us, and we will:
- Thoroughly Investigate the accident to find out what caused it and who was at fault.
- Gather the evidence of the other party’s negligence needed to show clearly who should be held responsible for your injuries.
- Collect medical records and other documents that show the full extent of the treatment and care you need and are expected to continue to need in the future.
- Fight for your right to be compensated for your medical care, lost income, physical pain, emotional distress, disabilities, disfigurement, and loss of quality of life.
- Negotiate aggressively with the negligent party’s insurance company on your behalf.
- Never accept a settlement offer from the insurance company that is less than you deserve.
- Always be ready to go to court and try your case in front of a jury if the insurance company refuses to agree to a fair settlement.
- Keep you informed about your case and be glad to answer your questions.
- Guide you through the legal process every step of the way.
Dennis Hernandez lawyers never give up and we never give in!
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website t to get started on your truck accident case.