Orlando Defective Product Lawyers
Although numerous laws have been passed to help protect consumers from the dangers of defective products, many unsafe items are still sold throughout the U.S. In fact, reports from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission actually indicate that common household products, such as toys, appliances, furniture, sports equipment, ladders and yard equipment cause hundreds of thousands of injuries each year.
The youngest and oldest members of our society are particularly susceptible to serious injury from dangerous products. However, none of us is immune to their dangers. If you have experienced an injury because of a defective product, you’re not alone and you do not have to face all of your challenges alone.
You may be entitled to substantial financial compensation for the injuries, pain, and losses you have suffered, and the experienced Orlando product liability attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA want to help. We have helped many victims of defective product injuries throughout the state of Florida and will put our experience and expertise to work getting you the compensation you deserve.
Responsibility for Defective Product Injuries
According to Florida law, anyone involved in the manufacturing or distribution of a product can potentially be held responsible for injuries caused by a defective product. This includes:
- The product designer
- The manufacturer
- The manufacturer of component parts
- The assembler or installer
- The wholesaler
- The retailer
An experienced Orlando product liability attorney from Dennis Hernandez & Associates will investigate the defective product that caused your injury and determine which specific parties are legally responsible for it.
Legal Definition of Defective Products
In Florida product liability cases, a strict liability standard is used, so you do not have to prove negligence on the part of anyone involved in the design, manufacturing, distribution, sale or installation of a product. You do, however, have to show that the product under consideration was used as intended and that it had one of the following types of defect:
- Design defects – These defects are embedded in the design of the product, so all of the products manufactured with the design will have the same defect.
- Manufacturing defects – These defects are introduced into the product during the manufacturing process, so only products manufactured at the same time and place have the defect.
- Failure to warn defects – These defects occur when products that can never be made entirely safe because of the nature of the product itself (e.g., household cleaning products, electrical tools, appliances) do not carry a clear warning to alert consumers to potential dangers.
Injuries Caused by Defective Products
Defective products can be very dangerous, depending on the type of product. Many different kinds of injuries can occur, ranging from minor scrapes and burns to serious, life-threatening injuries. Some of the more common serious injuries include:
- Broken bones – Defective ladders and other equipment can cause victims to fall and break bones.
- Burns – Defective electrical appliances and faulty wiring can cause fires or explosions that burn people who are close to them.
- Choking – Small parts from broken toys can choke small children and cause internal and fatal injuries.
- Organ injuries – Defective pharmaceutical products can cause serious injuries to internal organs, including lung damage, brain damage, liver and kidney failure and cardiac arrest.Top of Form
- Head injuries – Victims of defective ladder and equipment accidents often sustain head and brain injuries.
- Death – Defective automobile parts, such as tires, brakes, and fuel tanks, can lead to a fatal accident.
Compensation for Injuries from Defective Products
If you were injured because of a design, manufacturing, or failure to warn product defect, you may be able to obtain compensation for the injuries, pain, and losses you suffered. You need to show that you used the product as intended and that you suffered actual damages from using the product as intended. These damages may include:
- Medical expenses for treatments, procedures, testing, hospital visits, doctor office visits, transportation to and from healthcare facilities, etc.
- Future medical expenses
- Trauma, pain and suffering
- Income lost due to necessary time off work
- Decreased earning potential
- Other damages available under Florida law
If a family member was fatally injured because of a defective product, you may also be able to obtain compensation for your loss. An experienced Orlando product liability attorney can help you proceed with a wrongful death lawsuit.
Experienced Orlando Product Liability Attorneys Will Help You Obtain the Compensation You Deserve
If you or a family member has been injured by a defective product, the experienced Orlando product liability attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA want to help you get compensated fully and fairly for your injuries.
Many Orlando personal injury lawyers will try to settle product liability cases quickly outside of court to avoid having to go to trial. We don’t. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, we never back down:
- We do an extensive investigation and collect all the evidence necessary to prove the defective product caused your injuries.
- We develop a powerful case showing you should be compensated for the physical, emotional, and financial damages you suffered because of the defective product.
- We negotiate tirelessly on your behalf with insurance company representatives and defendants’ attorneys for a suitable settlement and are ready to take the case to court if negotiations do not achieve a satisfactory outcome.
- We put our litigation expertise and extensive trial experience to work for you, fighting to win the compensation you deserve.
- We guide and help you throughout the entire legal process and fight to win the compensation you deserve.
Please contact our Orlando office at 855-LAW-DENNIS or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.