North Port Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The area around North Port, Florida, has great weather, breathtaking beaches and scenic roads. Not surprisingly, its population has increased more than 35% in the last 10 years. While this growth benefits the local and state economy, it also leads to certain problems, most notably heavy traffic and accidents.
Of special concern are motorcycle accidents, since the number of drivers with motorcycle endorsements in Sarasota County has increased over 46% in the past 10 years, and motorcycle crashes are increasing. In fact, data from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles show that each year, more than 140 people are injured and more than 10 people are killed in motorcycle crashes in our area.
If you or a family member has been seriously injured in a motorcycle crash, you may be facing many difficult problems. You may be in pain, need extensive medical care, have less income and feel uncertain about the future. The experienced Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyers want you to know that you don’t have to deal with these problems on your own. Our legal team has helped many accident victims like you throughout Florida get the compensation they need to pay for medical expenses and other losses, including non-economic damages such as pain, suffering and mental anguish.
If the other driver was partially or totally responsible for the accident, you may be able to seek substantial financial compensation. At Dennis Hernandez, we provide a free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced and dedicated North Port motorcycle accident lawyer. We would be glad to discuss what happened to you and advise you on whether you are eligible to file a claim against the at-fault driver.
How Much Compensation Can You Receive in North Port, Florida, for Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Injuries from motorcycle accidents are often severe. They can change your entire life. If you have serious injuries from a motorcycle accident where the other driver was negligent, you deserve compensation for the full range of your injury-related expenses and losses.
Unfortunately, the effects of serious motorcycle crash injuries may last for many years or for an entire lifetime. If you work with a Dennis Hernandez North Port motorcycle accident lawyer, we will seek compensation for all your losses and expenses, including those you are experiencing now and those that are expected to occur in the future.
The amount of compensation you may obtain depends on the circumstances of the accident, how badly you were hurt, and what the lasting effects of your injuries are expected to be. In general, though, compensation may include:
- Current and future medical expenses, including doctor visits, treatments, diagnostic tests, medication, hospital stays, surgery and other procedures
- Rehabilitation services, therapy, assistive devices and home care
- Current loss of income
- Diminished earning capacity throughout your lifetime
- Physical pain and suffering
- Scars, disfigurement and disabilities
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Mental anguish, depression, anxiety
- Your family’s loss of your support and affection
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
An experienced North Port Dennis Hernandez lawyer can examine the evidence in your motorcycle accident case and assess the amount of compensation you may be able to receive. Please contact our office at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to speak with a qualified motorcycle accident attorney about the potential for receiving substantial financial compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries.
What Are the Common Causes of North Port Motorcycle Accidents?
Most of the time, motorcycle accidents happen because someone makes a mistake or fails to do something they should have done. More than half the time, the person whose mistake or failure causes the accident is the driver of the other vehicle, not the motorcycle rider.
The #1 mistake that car and truck drivers make that causes motorcycle accidents is failing to see the motorcycle. Drivers may fail to check their blind spots when changing lanes, or they may make turns without paying enough attention to what is going on around them.
Other common causes of motorcycle accidents include failure to react to dangerous situations, impairment by alcohol or drugs, being distracted, and rider inexperience. Often, a motorcycle crash has more than one cause.
In North Port and throughout Florida, you may be able to sue the at-fault driver even if you were partially at fault or if there were other problems, such as bad weather. Under Florida law, you can collect damages if you were partially at fault for an accident, but the amount you can collect is reduced in proportion to the amount of fault attributed to you.
A Dennis Hernandez North Port motorcycle accident lawyer would be glad to discuss your case with you and let you know if you have a good case for making a claim against the other driver. Your consultation with one of our experienced lawyers is free and comes with no obligation to you.
Common North Port Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Most motorcycle crashes cause serious, even fatal injuries, as noted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Common motorcycle injuries include:
- Broken bones. The force of the impact can cause multiple fractures. Broken ribs are common in motorcycle crashes and may be life-threatening.
- Severe leg injuries. A rider’s legs can be crushed or the bones shattered in an accident where the motorcycle falls on the rider’s lower body. If the injuries are severe enough, amputation may be necessary.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and spinal cord injuries may cause severe and permanent disabilities.
- Burns and lacerations. Burns and lacerations can be extensive, requiring hospitalization and lengthy treatment.
- Internal bleeding and organ damage. When motorcyclists are thrown off their motorcycles, they may bleed internally, and vital organs can be damaged.
- Neck and back injuries. The impact of a crash can cause serious neck and back injuries.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash, a Dennis Hernandez North Port motorcycle accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you need for ongoing treatment of your injuries.
Do I Need a Lawyer for My North Port Motorcycle Accident Case?
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in Florida, you have the right to sue the at-fault driver for the compensation you deserve. You do not have to have a lawyer to do so, but getting advice and help from a North Port motorcycle accident lawyer who has experience handling different types of injury accident cases can be very beneficial.
The Dennis Hernandez North Port motorcycle accident attorneys can answer your questions about filing a Florida motorcycle accident claim, advise you on your best course of action and expertly manage the case so you can focus on taking care of yourself and your family. We are committed to providing the optimum service by:
- Closely examining what happened in your accident and letting you know if you should sue the other party for damages.
- Protecting your rights under Florida law.
- Negotiating aggressively with insurance company representatives and attorneys on your behalf.
- Amassing the necessary evidence to demonstrate negligence on the part of the at-fault driver.
- Gathering evidence to establish a fair value for all of your damages (e.g., medical expenses, physical pain and suffering, emotional distress) and support your claim for compensation.
- Advising you on whether you should accept a settlement offer based on the full, fair compensation you deserve.
- Preparing carefully to fight and win in court in case it is necessary to obtain the full, fair compensation you deserve.
- Responding promptly to all of your questions about the case and keeping you well-informed of progress throughout the entire process.
For answers to your specific questions and the expert help you need with your North Port motorcycle accident case, please contact the Dennis Hernandez law firm at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website and talk with an experienced Florida motorcycle accident lawyer. All consultations are free, and you pay nothing until we win your case.