Riverview Car Accident Lawyers
As the population of Riverview and the Tampa Bay Area has increased, so too has the number of motor vehicles on our roadways. Unfortunately, this means there has also been an increase in traffic congestion and car accidents. In fact, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports there were 29,156 car crashes, 13,119 injury crashes and 219 crash fatalities in Hillsborough County in 2019 alone.
Car accident victims often suffer catastrophic injuries that require immediate treatment as well as long-term medical care. As a result, those who are injured, along with their entire families, often face many changes and difficulties, including mounting medical bills and financial hardship.
If you or a member of your family has been injured in a car accident, you don’t have to face all of these difficulties on your own. The Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney in Riverview has helped many accident victims and their families throughout Florida obtain justice and wants to help you obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
When Do You Need an Expert Riverview Car Accident Lawyer?
After a car crash injury, your first step after getting medical attention is probably to notify your automobile insurance company about the accident. Your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance covers up to $10,000 in medical expenses, so if your expenses are likely to be more than $10,000, you also need to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
Your claim will be evaluated and insurance company representatives will decide what, if anything, they are willing to pay you for your injuries. Many car accident injury victims take what the insurance company offers them and sign their release form without considering the consequences. Unfortunately, many later realize that settling with the insurance company was a big mistake.
When you have been seriously injured, your healthcare needs and medical expenses can continue to increase long after the accident. Moreover, you may have problems continuing to work and carry out normal daily responsibilities. Some accident victims suffer from chronic pain and emotional distress. Family members may also suffer from financial hardship and loss of emotional support and companionship. The payment they received from the insurance company doesn’t begin to compensate them for their suffering, pain and losses.
To prevent this kind of regretful situation, it’s important to hire an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible after an injury accident. A knowledgeable car accident attorney will:
- Compile all of the evidence needed to establish the culpability of the at-fault driver.
- Examine your medical records and the details of your case in order to assess the total value of your claim.
- Negotiate vigorously with insurance company representatives and attorneys on your behalf.
- Prepare a powerful case to take to court in case it becomes necessary.
- Prove that a substantial financial award is necessary to compensate you for the damages you suffered.
- Not settle for less than you deserve or back down in the fight for full and fair compensation.
Insurance companies notoriously try to protect their bottom line by paying out as little as possible. Without an attorney who is known as being a tough negotiator and litigator advocating for your rights, you run the risk of ending up without the financial resources you need to recover from the trauma of your car accident injury.
What Injuries Are Serious Enough to Warrant a Car Accident Lawsuit?
Many car accident victims in Florida erroneously believe that the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law prevents them from suing the at-fault driver, so they do not consult a lawyer before settling with an insurance company. As their expenses mount and hardships continue, many regret having settled early.
It is important to realize that Florida’s no-fault law does not prevent you from filing a car accident lawsuit to obtain compensation if you suffered serious injuries. The law clearly states that anyone injured in a motor vehicle accident can recover damages for pain, suffering, mental anguish and inconvenience if the injury or disease involves significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function, permanent injury, significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement or death.
Even though this description of serious injuries may seem prohibitive, you should not assume your injuries do not meet the threshold for serious injuries until you have spoken with an experienced Florida car accident attorney. There are many cases where filing a lawsuit is appropriate and necessary to obtain the compensation you need to pay for long-term, anticipated medical expenses, lost income, pain, suffering, and other damages. Some of the more serious injuries caused by car accidents include:
- Broken bones – The sudden jolt of a collision can break many bones throughout the body, resulting in pain and affecting your ability to perform everyday tasks. Serious breaks can require surgery and lead to chronic pain, loss of function of a limb and, in some cases, infections.
- Neck and Back injuries– The sudden impact of a car crash can cause herniated and bulging discs. This type of injury is usually permanent and can cause pain and worsen over time, necessitating surgery later in life.
- Brain injuries – Car crashes are a leading cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which can lead to permanent, life-altering brain damage or death.
- Spinal cord injuries – The impact of a car crash can also cause spinal cord injuries. These injuries can result in victims not having sensations or functioning in some or all of their limbs or paralysis.
- Burns: If a vehicle catches on fire after a collision, serious burn injuries can occur all over the body. These injuries are very painful and can result in scarring and other physical problems.
- Loss of limbs: In catastrophic crashes, an accident victim’s limbs can get torn, crushed and damaged so completely that amputation is necessary.
An expert Riverview car accident attorney will listen to what happened in your accident, examine all of the details of your case and let you know if it is in your best interest to file a lawsuit to recover damages.
What Damages Can Be Recovered with a Florida Car Accident Lawsuit?
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, you may be able to recover damages to compensate you for your injuries. With a car accident lawsuit, you can pursue compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses incurred because of your accident injuries
- Future medical expenses for care and treatment related to your accident injuries
- Income lost because of time off work due to your injuries
- Diminished earning potential in the future
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
If you are no longer able to provide the companionship, care and support you used to provide before the accident, your family members may also be able to get compensated for their loss of consortium. If you lost a loved one due to a fatal car accident injury, you may also be able to pursue compensation with a wrongful death lawsuit.
For Help with Your Florida Car Accident Claim, Contact Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney in Riverview
For Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney, the goal is to make sure you achieve the justice and compensation you deserve. Hernandez put his knowledge, skills, experience and resources to work supporting clients throughout the complete legal process to ensure he achieves this goal and you get the settlement or award you need
To accomplish this, we
- Ensure that all evidence is gathered in a timely manner to prove negligence.
- Negotiate vigorously with insurance companies and attorneys on your behalf.
- Prepare a strong case demonstrating your need for compensation for physical. emotional, and financial damages caused by the car accident.
- Are thoroughly prepared to fight in court to get what you deserve.
Some Florida personal injury lawyers do whatever they can to settle out of court with insurance companies, but we never back down in the fight for justice.
Call us in Riverview at 813.250.0000 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.