Pinellas Park Car Accident Lawyers
The population of Pinellas Park and Pinellas County has been steadily growing throughout the past decade. With this growth and density comes more traffic on the roads and, unfortunately, more car accidents and injuries. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports that in 2018 alone there were 17,875 car accidents in Pinellas County. One hundred thirty people lost their lives in car accidents that year and 10,751 were injured.
Injuries from car accidents are often very serious. They may require long-term medical care that disrupts car accident victims’ lives. They may be unable to do many of the things they did before, including earning a living. The pressure on the injured person and their family can be intense.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, help is available in Pinellas Park from Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney. We have decades of experience helping injured people throughout the state of Florida achieve justice and obtain the financial compensation they deserve.
How Much Compensation Can I Get for a Florida Car Accident?
If you have been injured in a car accident, your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance will only pay for a portion of your medical expenses and lost income. According to section 627.736 of the Florida Statutes, PIP will pay a maximum of $10,000 or your policy limit. If you have a serious injury, this will not cover all your expenses and losses, and it will give you nothing for your pain and suffering.
Many people don’t realize that the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law lets them file a car accident lawsuit to obtain compensation over $10,000 if they have a serious injury and if the other driver was negligent. In fact, you may be entitled to substantial compensation if you pursue a Florida car accident lawsuit.
These are some of the expenses and losses for which you can seek compensation:
- Your medical costs, including expenses for treatments you already received for your accident injuries, plus your current treatments, plus treatments that you will need in the future. These expenses may include:
- Medical care in doctors’ offices, hospitals, and clinics
- Diagnostic tests
- Physical, occupational, and psychological therapy
- Assistive devices and equipment, such as wheelchairs and special beds
- Home modifications needed to accommodate medical equipment
- Transportation to and from your medical appointments
- Income you have lost, either because you have to reduce your hours because of your injury or because you are unable to work at all. This includes income you have already lost, income you are losing now, and income you can be expected to lose in the future.
- Compensation for non-monetary losses. This type of compensation is available only if you file a lawsuit and may include compensation for:
- Physical pain.
- Emotional distress.
- Lessened ability to enjoy life.
- Your spouse’s loss of companionship and sexual relationship.
- Your family’s loss of guidance and support and loss of your contributions to the household, including childcare, housework, and home maintenance.
- In general, the amount of compensation you will be awarded for these non-monetary losses will depend on the severity of your injury.
An experienced Florida car accident attorney will gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate your past and present expenses and losses and to estimate the expenses and losses you are likely to incur in the future.
You may also be able to pursue compensation if you lost a family member in an automobile accident. Florida Statutes section 768.21 gives you the right to file a wrongful death claim to sue for the loss of your loved one’s income, companionship, protection, and parental guidance, and to seek compensation for pain and suffering, medical expenses, and funeral expenses.
Am I Eligible to Sue an At-Fault Driver for My Florida Car Accident Injuries?
Florida law gives you the right to sue the other driver if you were seriously injured in an accident where the other driver was at least partially at fault. People sometimes think their injuries aren’t serious enough to qualify for the right to sue, but you should always ask an experienced Florida car accident lawyer for advice.
Injuries may be more serious than they appear at first. A Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney will analyze the accident and your injuries and let you know if you should file a lawsuit to pursue compensation.
Get Help from an Expert Pinellas Park, Florida, Car Accident Lawyer
If you were seriously injured in a Florida car accident, you don’t have to fight for the compensation you deserve on your own. Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney is here to help. We will use our experience and knowledge to:
- Gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim.
- Show that the other driver was negligent.
- Negotiate aggressively for you with the insurance company’s lawyers and representatives.
- Prepare a strong case for trial.
- Guide you through the legal process step by step.
- Never back down in our fight for justice and fair compensation for you.
Call us today in Pinellas Park at 813.250.0000 or fill out the form on our website for a FREE CASE EVALUATION.