Cape Coral Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
Every month, Americans spend more than $92 billion on online purchases. People who live in Florida do even more online shopping than people in most the other states, which explains why you see so many delivery trucks on the roads in Cape Coral, throughout Lee County, and in the rest of the state.
Unfortunately, delivery trucks are accident-prone. Delivery drivers are overworked, under severe time pressure, and often dangerously fatigued. They may be distracted when looking for addresses or searching on mobile devices, and they might not have received adequate training. The result of driving when fatigued, distracted or inexperienced can be a crash between a delivery truck and car that causes severe injuries to the car’s occupants.
If you have serious injuries from a recent accident involving a delivery truck, a Dennis Hernandez Cape Coral delivery truck accident lawyer can protect for your rights and help you obtain financial compensation for your medical expenses, pain, suffering and other losses. Indeed, Florida law gives you the right to seek compensation for your injuries if the delivery truck accident was at least partially caused by someone else’s negligence, and our truck accident lawyers will fight to get you the full, fair compensation you deserve.
Contact us today by calling 855-529-3366 or filling in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to find out if you have a good case for seeking substantial financial compensation.
What Compensation Can You Receive in Cape Coral for Your Delivery Truck Accident Injuries?
If you are seriously injured, you know how much those injuries have changed your life. You may need extensive medical treatment, be unable to return to work, and suffer physical and emotional distress.
Florida law recognizes that serious injuries affect you and your family in many ways and gives you the right to seek compensation for a wide range of harms that you are dealing with now and are expected to continue to have to experience in the future. As your lawyers, we will fight hard to get you full and fair compensation, which may include compensation for your:
- Medical expenses from the time of the accident and for as long as they are needed, including emergency department treatment, hospital stays, doctor visits, diagnostic tests, medication, surgery, rehabilitation, therapy, assistive devices, home care, and transportation to medical appointments.
- Lost income from the time of the accident until the age you would have retired if you hadn’t been injured. This may include income lost because you have to work fewer hours, take a different job that pays less, or are not able to work at all.
- “Non-economic damages.” While these don’t come with a price tag attached, they have an enormous impact on your life, and you deserve financial compensation for your pain, emotional suffering, loss of enjoyment of your usual activities, scarring, disabilities, and your family’s loss of your companionship and support.
What Causes Cape Coral Delivery Truck Accidents?
In Cape Coral and throughout Florida and the U.S., delivery driver fatigue is a major cause of accidents. Drivers delivering packages often work long shifts and have strict quotas for the number of packages they have to deliver. Their employers pressure them to do more and work faster. As a result, they do not have time to stop and rest when they need to. They’ll keep on pushing themselves to keep on going even when they are dangerously fatigued.
Fatigued drivers can fall asleep at the wheel. Even if they manage to stay awake, they have slower reaction times, are more easily distracted, and are less likely to notice obstacles on the road.
Delivery truck drivers may also cause accidents if they are distracted because they are looking for addresses or using their phones or other devices. They may make abrupt stops or u-turns when searching for and locating delivery destinations. They may also make driving mistakes because they are new to the job and don’t have a lot of experience driving trucks.
The Dennis Hernandez Cape Coral delivery truck accident legal team has extensive experience in investigating accidents and determining their causes. As your lawyers, we will identify all negligent individuals and companies and collect the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence.
In addition to the truck driver, at-fault parties may include:
- The company that employs the truck driver
- The owner of the truck’s cargo
- The manufacturer of the truck
- The parties responsible for the truck’s maintenance and repairs
By including all at-fault parties in your lawsuit or claim, you will have the best chance for receiving the full and fair substantial compensation you deserve.
Common Injuries from Cape Coral Delivery Truck Crashes
Injuries from delivery truck accidents tend to be severe. A typical delivery van weighs about 14,000 to 16,000 pounds. The force of that weight hitting a car often causes severe injuries to the people in the car. Any part of the body can be damaged in a delivery truck crash.
Some of the most common injuries are:
- Injuries to internal organs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Lacerations and cuts
- Injuries to arms, legs, hands, and feet
- Spinal cord injuries, which may cause paralysis
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
All of these injuries may require extensive medical care and cause temporary or long-term pain, disability, or disfigurement. The Dennis Hernandez Cape Coral delivery truck accident lawyers can gather evidence and build a compelling case to help ensure that you get all the compensation you need for your present and future medical expenses, lost income, and quality-of-life losses.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your truck accident case.
Contact a Cape Coral Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer for the Help You Need in Getting Full and Fair Compensation
The Dennis Hernandez Cape Coral legal team is ready to help you win your case. We will:
- Fight for your right to fair compensation.
- Investigate and gather evidence to identify the negligent parties who should be held financially responsible for your injuries.
- Keep you informed of all progress on your case.
- Demonstrate the full extent of your need for substantial compensation.
- Negotiate aggressively with the insurance companies.
- Refuse to settle for anything less than the full amount you deserve.
- Fight the insurance companies in court if they refuse to agree to a fair settlement.
Dennis Hernandez lawyers never back down and never give up! We will fight to win the full compensation you need and deserve.
Get started on your case today by calling us today at 855-529-3366 or filling in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website. Our expert advice and legal services are FREE until we win your case.