Riverview Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
Americans spend a total of about $90 billion per month buying items online, and that amount is constantly increasing. Florida, in particular, is one of the leading states for online shopping, which accounts for the huge increase in delivery trucks on the state’s roadways and residential streets in Riverview.
Often driven by tired and stressed-out drivers, these delivery trucks and vans are prone to causing accidents. Unfortunately, when a delivery truck collides with a car, the truck’s greater weight and size can cause massive damage to the car and injuries to its occupants.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a crash with a delivery truck and you believe the truck driver’s negligence caused or partially caused the accident, you may be entitled to receive substantial compensation. By bringing a claim for damages against the negligent party or parties, you could potentially obtain compensation for your accident-related medical and care expenses, your pain and suffering, lost income and other damages recoverable under Florida law.
An experienced Dennis Hernandez Riverview delivery truck accident lawyer can guide you through the legal process, fight for your rights, and help you get the full compensation you deserve. Please give us a call at 855-529-3366 or fill out the Free Case Evaluation form on this page so we can get started on your case. Our expert advice and legal services are FREE until we win your case.
Injuries That Are Common in Riverview Delivery Truck Collisions
A delivery van typically weighs at least 14,000 pounds plus the weight of its cargo, and a large delivery semi-truck can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds when fully loaded. Because of the weight differential, when a delivery truck collides with a car, the car’s driver and passengers often are severely injured. These injuries may require years of treatment and can cause long-term or permanent disabilities, loss of income, and a lower quality of life.
Common injuries in this situation include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, injuries to limbs and extremities that may be serious enough to require amputation, internal organ injuries, and lacerations. If you or a loved one were severely injured in a delivery truck accident in Riverview or anywhere in Florida, you may be entitled to compensation for all the expenses and pain you have endured, as well as compensation for your future injury-related expenses and losses.
If you seek compensation, it’s important to present medical and financial evidence that shows the full extent of your needs. The Dennis Hernandez Riverview delivery truck accident lawyers are dedicated to helping injured people like you get fair compensation and have the experience and resources to gather evidence and present a compelling case demonstrating your need for substantial financial compensation.
Negligent Delivery Truck Drivers in Riverview, Florida
The most common reasons delivery truck drivers cause accidents include:
- Poor screening and training of truck drivers. There’s a shortage of delivery truck drivers, and delivery companies and online merchants may have trouble finding all the drivers they need. They may fail to screen their applicants carefully and may hire people who don’t have enough experience driving trucks or who may have bad driving records. Training also may be inadequate, especially among the many small companies that subcontract delivery services from the larger online merchants.
- Driver fatigue. The drivers’ employers, whether large companies or tiny subcontractors, will often put intense pressure on their drivers to deliver large loads of packages quickly. Drivers often have to work long hours and keep on driving even when they are too tired to continue safely. Fatigued drivers are three times more likely to be in a crash.
- Distracted driving. Delivery truck drivers may be looking at their devices or at the houses they are passing when they are trying to find their next stop, instead of paying attention to the road and the other vehicles around them. These distracted drivers can cause serious, even fatal, accidents.
The Dennis Hernandez Riverview delivery truck accident lawyers thoroughly investigate accidents to determine the causes and the negligent parties. We then amass the evidence needed to demonstrate negligence and hold the party or parties financially responsible.
Let us put our skill and experience to work for you. Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the Free Case Evaluation form on our website as soon as possible so we can start investigating your accident.
What Kind of Compensation Can You Get for Delivery Truck Accident Injuries?
If you were injured in a delivery truck crash in Riverview or anywhere else in Florida, you may be able to obtain financial compensation for your existing and future accident-related expenses and losses. The amount of compensation you may receive varies, however, depending on the seriousness of your injuries, the kind of treatment you need, and your ability to work.
In general, however, you may be able to obtain substantial compensation for:
- Expenses for medical treatment, including hospital stays, medical procedures, diagnostic tests, office visits, medication, assistive devices, rehabilitation and home care
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and stress
- Lost income
- Diminished quality of life
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, assistance and guidance
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The experienced Dennis Hernandez delivery truck accident lawyers in Riverview will gather the evidence needed and develop a strong case showing the full extent of your need for compensation for the many losses and suffering your injuries have caused.
How an Experienced Riverview Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Dennis Hernandez lawyers have been helping accident victims throughout Florida get the compensation they need and deserve for more than 25 years. We know Florida negligence law inside and out and are passionate about getting justice for our clients.
As your attorneys, we will:
- Identify all the parties who were negligent and may be held financially responsible. These may include the driver, the driver’s employer, the cargo owner, the truck’s manufacturer, and those who handled the truck’s maintenance and repairs.
- Put our expertise to work evaluating the full value of your claim for medical expenses, lost income, pain, psychological distress, and all the other immediate and expected long-term effects of your injuries.
- Negotiate aggressively with the other party’s insurance company on your behalf. We know all the tricks that insurance companies use to keep from paying what they should, and we won’t let them get away with them.
- Be well prepared to go to court and fight to win the award you deserve, if the negligent party’s insurance company won’t agree to a fair settlement.
- Guide you through the legal process every step of the way, keep you informed about all major developments in your case, and be glad to answer all of your questions.
At Dennis Hernandez, we fight for justice. We never settle for less than the full, fair amount you deserve!
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form to get started on your case. You pay nothing until we win your case.