Cape Coral Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle riders love Cape Coral’s scenic roads and year-round temperate climate. Because of all the state has to offer, Florida has actually become recognized as a motorcycling destination. Unfortunately, however, Florida has also become known as one of the leading states for fatal motorcycle crashes. According to data from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, in 2021 alone, there were 8,571 motorcycle crashes in the state, which caused 7,384 injuries and 567 fatalities.
If you or a family member has been seriously injured in a motorcycle crash in the Cape Coral area, you may be suffering financial hardship, physical pain and mental anguish. You may need extensive medical treatments and be unable to work. The experienced Dennis Hernandez Cape Coral motorcycle accident lawyers understand these problems and want to help.
You may be able to pursue a claim against the at-fault driver and get the financial compensation you need. We have many years of experience helping accident victims and welcome the opportunity to talk with you about what happened so we can put our experience to work helping you get the full, fair compensation you need for your accident-related expenses and losses.
Causes of Cape Coral Motorcycle Accidents
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Car drivers not seeing motorcycles. Driver error is a factor in most motorcycle accidents. More than half of the time, it’s the driver of the other vehicle who makes the mistake, not the motorcycle rider. Common driver errors include not seeing the motorcycle in an intersection or in a traffic lane.
- Speeding and aggressive driving. When drivers speed or drive aggressively, they can cause accidents.
- Distracted driving. When drivers are distracted by their mobile devices, other gadgets or people in the car or by anything else, they are not paying attention to their driving and can easily swerve into a motorcycle.
- Dangerous road conditions. Dangerous conditions, such as an obstacle in the road, uneven or chipped pavement, or a wet road surface can cause motorcycle accidents.
- Alcohol or drug impairment. A common cause of motorcycle accidents is the impairment of either the motorcycle rider or the other driver.
- Accidents caused by car doors. People in parked cars often don’t check to see if there is oncoming traffic before they open the car doors, which can be deadly for motorcycle riders.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by these or other kinds of driver negligence, a Dennis Hernandez Cape Coral motorcycle accident lawyer can help you pursue a claim against the at-fault driver to obtain the substantial compensation you deserve.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Cape Coral Crashes
More than 80% of motorcycle crashes injure or kill the motorcyclists involved. Some injuries may be as minor as road rash, but many are extremely serious and require long-term treatment. Common serious injuries from motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). A traumatic brain injury may range from mild to severe to fatal. A motorcycle rider who doesn’t wear a helmet has a much higher risk of suffering a traumatic brain injury in a crash.
- Limb injuries. Motorcycle crash injuries to arms or legs can be serious enough to require amputation.
- Spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries are often extremely serious and can cause partial or total paralysis.
- Broken bones. Motorcycle crashes that throw the rider or passenger off the bike at high speeds can cause multiple fractures.
- Death. Unfortunately, serious motorcycle injuries may eventually be fatal.
A free consultation with a Dennis Hernandez Cape Coral motorcycle accident lawyer will give you the information you need to decide if you should pursue a claim against an at-fault driver for compensation for your injuries and other expenses and losses.
Financial Compensation for Lasting Effects of Cape Coral Motorcycle Crashes
Unfortunately, serious injuries from motorcycle accidents don’t just go away. You may need ongoing treatment, hospital stays, rehabilitation, and home care. You may have to deal with pain, emotional trauma, and other challenges now and in the future. Ongoing difficulties may include:
- Chronic pain
- Emotional and psychological suffering
- Loss of part or all of your income
- Lower quality of life
- Mounting medical bills
While financial compensation for your injuries won’t take away your pain, it can give you peace of mind and help you handle your expenses.
If you pursue a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver, you may be entitled to receive substantial compensation for your medical bills and lost income. You may also be entitled to compensation for “non-economic damages,” which include pain and suffering, emotional trauma, diminished quality of life, and your family’s loss of your companionship, love, and support.
To ensure you get all the compensation you are entitled to, you should get help from an experienced Cape Coral motorcycle accident lawyer.
Get the Help You Need after a Cape Coral Motorcycle Accident
We invite you to discuss your situation with an experienced Cape Coral Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will put our knowledge, skill and experience to work for you by:
- Supporting and guiding you throughout the whole legal process.
- Collecting all evidence in a timely manner to prove negligence.
- Negotiating aggressively with the insurance company, so that you don’t have to.
- Building a strong case showing the full extent of your need for compensation.
- Being ready to take the fight to the courtroom, if necessary.
- Not backing down until you receive the settlement or award you deserve.
Call us today at 855-529-3366, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case. There is no charge for our legal services until you receive the settlement or award you deserve.