Deltona Slip and Fall Lawyer
Sometimes when people fall, they may not get hurt or may only have a few scratches or bruises. Unfortunately, however, slip and fall accidents often cause severe injuries. In fact, according to the CDC, one out of every five falls causes a serious injury, such as a head injury or broken bones,
People of all ages may have severe or fatal injuries from falls, but older adults are the most vulnerable. In Florida, falls are the number one cause of injuries for people over the age of 65, and sadly, many of these individuals end up dying because of their injuries.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS IN DELTONA IF YOU WERE INJURED IN A SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT
If you or a loved on slipped or tripped and fell on someone else’s property in Deltona, or elsewhere in Florida, you have the right under Florida law to pursue a claim or lawsuit against a property owner or manager whose negligence contributed to your falling and getting injured. According to the law, you may be entitled to receive substantial compensation for your injuries.
Florida property owners and managers have a legal duty to take reasonable steps to maintain their premises so they are safe for visitors, customers, and guests. When owners fail in that duty and neglect to fix slipping and tripping hazards or don’t warn people about the danger, the owners may be held legally responsible if someone falls and is injured because of the hazards.
Every Deltona slip and fall lawyer on the expert Dennis Hernandez legal team is dedicated to pursuing justice for accident victims like you. We will fight for your right to obtain all the funds that are available for you under Florida law.
To find out if you are eligible to pursue potentially life-changing compensation, call the experienced Dennis Hernandez Deltona slip and fall lawyer at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION FORM on this page.
COMMON SLIP AND FALL HAZARDS IN DELTONA, FLORIDA
When property owners and managers fail to keep their premises free of tripping and slipping hazards, visitors and customers can be seriously injured. Common hazards include:
- Spilled liquid – This type of hazard is common in grocery stores and becomes a slipping hazard if not promptly cleaned up.
- Poor lighting – Poor lighting in parking lots or in stores makes it difficult to see changes in elevation or obstacles on the floor.
- Broken or missing steps – Steps that are not well maintained are a tripping hazard.
- Sidewalks or other paved areas that are uneven or cracked – poorly maintained sidewalks are tripping hazards.
- Newly waxed or polished floors – These floors in office buildings, sotres of other venues can be slipping hazards.
- Missing or loose handrails – A missing railing on a stairway or ramp can cause people to stumble and fall.
- Code violations – Violating safety regulations and building codes can result in various kinds of hazards.
The Dennis Hernandez Deltona slip and fall lawyers have the resources, skill and experience to investigate your accident thoroughly, find out what happened, and gather all of the evidence needed to demonstrate the property owner or manager’s negligence that led to your fall and injuries.
COMMON SERIOUS INJURIES FROM DELTONA SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS
You can injure any part of your body when you slip and fall. However, some of the most common serious injuries are:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Falls are the most common cause of these potentially disabling or fatal injuries.
- Hip fractures. More than 95% of hip fractures are caused by falls.
- Other fractures, including broken ribs or broken bones in the arms or legs.
- Sprains and strains in ankles, knees, elbows, wrists, and shoulders.
- Spinal cord injuries, which can cause pain or partial or full paralysis.
- Cuts and lacerations, which can cause permanent scars and damage muscles and nerves.
When you are seriously injured, you have many treatment expenses, income losses, and a lower quality of life. A Dennis Hernandez Deltona slip and fall lawyer can help you get all the compensation you deserve by gathering evidence and building a compelling case that shows the seriousness of your injuries and how much of a settlement or jury award you need to fairly compensate you for all your losses and additional expenses caused by the slip and fall accident.
AMOUNT OF COMPENSATION AVAILABLE IN DELTONA FOR SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT INJURIES
Florida law seeks to hold people who were negligent legally responsible for any serious injuries that their negligence caused. That means you can file a claim or a lawsuit in Deltona against a negligent property owner to pursue a financial settlement or award to compensate you for the pain, suffering and losses you experienced and may continue to experience in the future from your fall injuries.
The amount of compensation you receive will depend on a number of factors, including the seriousness of your injuries, whether the owner was partially or completely at fault for your accident, how much medical treatment and care you will need both now and in the future, how much income you are expected to lose over your lifetime because of your injuries, the extent of your physical pain and psychological suffering, and how your family has been affected by your injuries. In general, however, victims of property owners’ negligence are entitled to receive both economic and non-economic damages to compensate them for their:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Family’s loss of their companionship, guidance and assistance
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and therapy expenses
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The Dennis Hernandez Deltona slip and fall lawyers can help you obtain the maximum compensation available under the law by building a compelling case demonstrating the full extent of your injury-related expenses and losses.
AN EXPERIENCED DELTONA SLIP AND FALL LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THE LEGAL HELP YOU NEED
The experienced, skilled Dennis Hernandez Deltona slip and fall lawyers can help you get the substantial compensation you deserve for your slip and fall accident injuries. As your attorneys, we will:
- Gather the evidence needed to demonstrate negligence on the defendant’s part
- Demonstrate the full extent of your current and future needs for medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Show how much income you lost because of your injuries and your diminished earning capacity in the future
- Negotiate aggressively on your behalf for a full, fair settlement
- Keep you abreast of all progress on your case
- Never settle for less than the full amount you deserve for your pain, suffering and losses
- Fight aggressively in court to win full, fair compensation if the insurance company refuses to agree to a fair settlement
The Dennis Hernandez lawyers are committed to protecting your rights and fighting all the way for you. We never back down and we never settle for less than what you deserve!
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your slip and fall injury case.