Alafaya Car Accident Lawyers
Heavy traffic and congestion on our roadways continue to be a problem in Florida. In Alafaya and throughout the greater Orlando area, tourists on the road add to the traffic problem and contribute to a high incidence of car accidents. In fact, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 31,595 car accidents, 14,996 car accident injuries, and 173 accident injury deaths in Orange County in 2019 alone.
Too often, car accidents cause debilitating injuries that require long-term medical care. Accident victims and their families must adjust to many changes and challenges, including huge medical bills, financial hardship, and emotional distress, which make recovery very difficult.
If you or a family member was seriously injured in a car accident, you don’t have to deal with all of these issues on your own. Dennis Hernandez, the expert Alafaya car accident attorney has helped hundreds of car accident victims throughout Florida and wants to help you hold the negligent party accountable and get you the financial compensation you deserve for your pain, suffering, and losses.
WHY HIRE AN EXPERT ALAFAYA CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
After receiving immediate medical treatment for your injuries after a car accident, your next step will likely be to notify your auto insurance company of the accident. Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance will only pay up to $10,000 in medical expenses, so if you are seriously injured, you will also need to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to pay for medical expenses and other losses. that your PIP insurance will not cover.
Insurance company representatives will then decide how much they are willing to pay you, or they may decide to deny your claim altogether. Since their goal is to pay as little as possible, not to give you what you need to get back, you may be dismayed at how low your offer is. Unfortunately, many accident victims accept low offers and sign authorization forms from insurance companies. Soon, however, they realize that settling with the insurance company was a huge mistake.
Care needs and medical expenses may continue to rise, problems at work and at home may arise, and daily life may become very challenging. Some accident victims experience chronic pain and suffer emotional distress. Some families also suffer emotionally and financially due to loss of companionship and loss of income. The settlement they accepted from the insurance company does not come close to compensating them for their pain, suffering, and losses.
That is why it is crucial to consult with an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible after an injury accident. A qualified accident attorney will do the following:
- Listen carefully to what happened and seek advice on the best course of action.
- Collect all available evidence from the accident to establish liability on the part of the at-fault driver.
- Examine your medical records and consult with experts to establish the full value of your claim.
- Negotiate knowledgeably and vigorously with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Prepare a strong case to win in court if a trial is necessary.
- Prove that substantial financial compensation is needed to compensate you for the injuries, damages, and losses you suffered.
- Do not back down in the fight for justice or settle early for less than you deserve.
It is important to note that accident victims who retain competent car accident attorneys are typically paid more than three times the amount of those who settle with their insurance companies without retaining an attorney. Without an attorney known to be a tough negotiator and litigator to defend you, you may end up without the financial resources to obtain the health care services you need to begin recovering from the trauma of your car accident injury.
WHAT CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES ARE SERIOUS ENOUGH TO SUE IN FLORIDA?
Unfortunately, many Floridians who are injured in car accidents do not consult an attorney because they do not understand the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law or received the wrong advice about it. The law clearly states that accident injury victims are entitled to recover damages for pain, suffering, mental anguish, and inconvenience if their injury or illness involves significant and permanent loss of major bodily function, permanent injury, significant scarring or disfigurement, and permanent or death.
In other words, if you were seriously injured in a car accident and suffered damages, you have the right to file a lawsuit to recover compensation for those damages. Also, while the law’s description of serious injuries warranting a legal claim may seem like a high hurdle, you should not assume you don’t meet the “serious injury” threshold without first consulting with an experienced Florida car accident attorney.
There are many cases where a lawsuit is necessary to get the compensation you need to pay for long-term medical expenses, lost income, physical pain, emotional suffering, and other damages. Some of the serious injuries that occur from car accidents include:
- Broken Bones – Multiple bones can be broken in a car accident. Broken bones cause pain and affect your ability to perform normal functions, and serious breaks can require surgery, cause chronic pain, and in some cases lead to loss of function of a limb.
- Back and Neck Injuries – The sudden impact of a car accident can cause herniated and bulging discs, which are usually permanent injuries that degenerate and worsen, often leading to surgery later in life.
- Brain injuries – The sudden jolt of a collision can also cause traumatic brain injuries (TBI), which can cause life-altering permanent damage or death.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Auto accidents can also cause life-changing spinal cord injuries that can leave victims paralyzed or without feeling or function in some or all of their limbs.
- Burns – When a vehicle catches fire after a crash, serious burns can result. These injuries are not only very painful, they can lead to scarring and other physical problems.
- Loss of Limbs: In a catastrophic accident, an accident victim’s arms or legs may be crushed or broken and damaged so badly that they need to be amputated.
An experienced Alafaya car accident attorney will review what happened in the accident of your injury and let you know if you are eligible for a lawsuit to recover damages.
WHAT COMPENSATION CAN BE OBTAINED WITH A CAR ACCIDENT LAWSUIT?
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be able to recover damages to help compensate for your injuries. With a car accident lawsuit, you may be able to recover compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses: those already incurred and those that are likely to be incurred in the future due to your injuries.
- Lost earnings due to time lost from work due to accident injuries
- Decreased future earning potential
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Decreased quality of life
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
Your family may also be able to obtain compensation for loss of consortium if you are no longer able to provide the companionship, care, and support that you provided before the accident. If you lost a family member in a fatal car accident, you may also be able to recover compensation with a wrongful death lawsuit.
Contact the Skilled Car Accident Lawyer at Dennis Hernandez for Help with Your Florida Car Accident Claim
The experienced car accident attorney at Dennis Hernandez strives to ensure that you obtain justice and are fairly compensated for your injuries. He will put the resources, skill and knowledge of his firm to work helping you through the entire legal process and making sure you get the full compensation you deserve.
Hernandez ensures that all evidence to prove that the defendant was negligent and that you deserve substantial compensation is collected in a timely manner. Will vigorously negotiate with insurance company representatives and attorneys on your behalf; will build a strong case that demonstrates your need for compensation for physical, emotional, and financial damages caused by the car accident; and you will be prepared to fight in court to get what you deserve.
Many attorneys go to great lengths to settle with insurance companies and avoid going to trial, but car accident attorney Dennis Hernandez is not backing down and leaving money on the table. He will use his experience in court to fight and win the compensation he deserves.
Call us in Alafaya at 407.680.0000 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.