Pine Hills Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
A semi-truck is much larger and heavier than a passenger vehicle. So, when a semi collides with a car, the impact can severely injure or kill the people inside the car. Unfortunately, these accidents happen often in the Pine Hills area, throughout Orange County and Florida, and in all parts of the country. Approximately 5,000 fatal accidents involving large trucks occur every year in the U.S., and Florida is one of the leading states for fatal accidents where large trucks are involved. Moreover, accidents that are not fatal often cause severe injuries.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a recent semi-truck accident, you are most likely going through a difficult time. You may be dealing with financial stress from medical bills and lost income, on top of the stress from the pain of the injury and the limitations it is imposing on your life.
The Dennis Hernandez Pine Hills semi-truck accident lawyers want to help you during this difficult time. We can’t make all of your pain go away, but we can help relieve financial pressures and worries by helping you bring a successful claim for damages against the negligent party or parties involved in your accident.
If another party was at least partly responsible for the accident, please call us at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to discuss your case with an experienced Pine Hills semi-truck accident lawyer. You may be entitled to substantial compensation for your pain, suffering, medical treatment, lost income, and other damages resulting from the accident, so don’t hesitate to contact us.
What Causes Semi-Truck Accidents in Florida?
There are many possible causes of semi-truck accidents, but human error, or negligence is at the root of most accidents. Different instances of this negligence include:
- Drivers impaired by alcohol or by prescription, over-the-counter, or illegal, recreational drugs.
- Drivers not paying attention to the road because they are texting on their phones, talking to passengers, or are otherwise distracted.
- Drivers who are fatigued, which is a common problem for semi-truck drivers who may be pushed by their employers to drive longer hours than are legally allowed.
- Problems with brakes, tires, and other parts of the truck because of manufacturing defects or inadequate maintenance or repairs.
The Dennis Hernandez Pine Hills semi-truck lawyers will investigate your accident, determine what happened, and gather the evidence necessary to prove another party or parties were negligent.
Who Can Be Held Accountable for a Pine Hills Semi-Truck Accident?
It’s important to find out all of the parties responsible for your accident. If the semi driver or another party caused or contributed to the accident through their negligence, you may be able to hold them financially responsible for your injuries.
In an accident involving two cars, usually a driver caused the accident. When a semi-truck is involved, however, there are more parties whose negligence may have contributed to the crash. In addition to the semi-truck driver, the negligent parties may include:
- the semi-truck owner
- the people or companies responsible for maintaining and repairing the truck
- the owner of the load the truck was carrying
- the manufacturers of the truck and truck parts.
Our experienced Dennis Hernandez Pine Hills semi-truck accident lawyers will identify all the parties whose negligence may have played a part in causing your accident. By finding all the possible negligent parties, our lawyers give you the best chance to receive maximum compensation.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect from a Florida Semi-Truck Accident Lawsuit?
The amount of compensation you will receive in a settlement or jury verdict for your Pine Hills semi-truck accident case will depend on the seriousness of your injuries, how much treatment you’re expected to need, how your injuries will affect your life, and the circumstances of the crash. The Dennis Hernandez Pine Hills semi-truck lawyers will build a compelling case showing the full extent of your need for compensation to help you receive the maximum possible.
You may receive compensation for the damages you suffered from your injuries from the time of the accident until now, plus the damages you are experiencing in the present, as well as those you are expected to face in the future. These damages may be both economic and non-economic, including:
- Expenses for medical treatment, rehabilitation, home care, medication, surgery, assistive devices and other injury-related healthcare needs
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental pain, stress and anxiety
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, guidance and assistance
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
If a loved one suffered a fatal injury in a semi-truck accident, you may be eligible to pursue compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit for the loss of your family member and for medical and funeral expenses. Our experienced wrongful death lawyers can help you file a wrongful death claim to recover all the compensation you are entitled to.
An Experienced Pine Hills Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Will Fight for Your Right to Obtain the Compensation You Need.
Please contact the Dennis Hernandez Pine Hills semi-truck accident lawyers as soon as possible to get the help you need recovering compensation for the damages you have suffered related to the semi-truck accident. If you try to go up against the at-fault party’s (or parties’) insurance company on your own, the company’s lawyers and other representatives will try aggressively to convince you to accept a settlement that is less than you deserve.
We can help you get a full and fair settlement by:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident
- Clearly identifying the at-fault parties
- Gathering all of the evidence necessary to prove negligence
- Building a record to show your full need for compensation for all the past, present, and future losses and expenses that your accident injuries caused
- Negotiating aggressively with the insurance company
- Never accepting an offer that is less than you deserve
- Being well prepared to fight and win in court if that’s what it takes to get you a fair result.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case. Our expert legal advice and services are FREE to you until we win your case.