Clermont Car Accident Lawyers
The population of Clermont, Florida, has soared in the last 20 years. With more people living in Clermont and throughout Lake County, there are also more cars on the road. Unfortunately, that has led to a greater number of car crashes and accident injuries. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports that in 2020, there were 4,394 crashes on Lake County roads. People were injured in 3,482 of those crashes, and 50 people lost their lives.
Car crash injuries are often very serious and cause major disruptions to the lives of accident victims and their families. People with serious injuries have to make many adjustments, including dealing with limitations on their activities, getting long-term medical care and often, handling mounting bills.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car crash, you do not have to deal with these problems alone. Help is available in Clermont from Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney. We have decades of experience obtaining full and fair financial compensation for Florida car accident victims to help them move on with their lives.
What Can a Clermont Car Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
If your medical expenses and lost income combined total more than $10,000, you will not be able to get full compensation from your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance. As noted in Section 627.736 of the Florida Statutes, the maximum PIP pays is $10,000.
To recover damages of more than $10,000 related to serious injuries, you need to file a claim against the at-fault driver. Typically, the other driver’s insurance company will try to pay you as little as possible. Without a lawyer on your side, the insurance company’s lawyers and representatives will try to take advantage of you by offering you less than what you need and what the law provides.
An experienced Florida car accident attorney will look out for you and stand up to the insurance company. Your lawyer will fight to get you fair financial compensation by taking these steps to protect your rights:
- Investigating the accident and using the evidence to show the at-fault driver was negligent and should be held responsible for your injuries.
- Demonstrating the full extent of your injuries using all the available evidence.
- Negotiating with insurance company attorneys and representatives forcefully on your behalf.
- Preparing to win in the courtroom if a trial is necessary.
Can I File a Lawsuit for My Florida Car Accident Injuries?
The Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law gives you the right to file a lawsuit against an at-fault driver if you were seriously injured in a car accident because of that driver’s negligence. To file a lawsuit, you must have a serious injury. Even if you think your injuries are not very serious, they might still have a significant impact on your life and create the need for substantial compensation, so you should not automatically rule out the possibility of initiating a legal action against the at-fault driver without talking to an experienced Florida car accident attorney.
Examples of potentially serious injuries include:
- Broken bones, which may affect your ability to function and cause long-term problems
- Burns, which can cause permanent scars and other problems
- Back and neck injuries, which can cause difficulties that get worse over time
- Spinal cord injuries, which can cause loss of function or paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries, which can cause severe permanent damage
- Lost limbs, which are permanently disabling
If a family member was killed by a negligent driver in a car accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit to seek compensation for your family’s losses.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Obtain with a Florida Car Accident Lawsuit?
Suing the at-fault driver allows you to seek compensation for the full range of your expenses and losses, including:
- Current and future medical expenses, such as doctor visits, hospital stays, surgeries and other medical procedures, medications, physical therapy, psychological therapy, assistance from aides, and transportation to and from medical appointments
- Current and future lost income due to your injuries
- Physical pain and suffering
- Depression, anxiety, and mental anguish
- Your family’s loss of your support, affection, companionship, and guidance
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
How to Get Help in Clermont With Your Florida Car Accident Claim
Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve for your injuries. We are committed to putting our experience, knowledge, and resources to work holding the negligent driver accountable for the harm done to you and helping you obtain everything the law entitles you to receive.
We will fight for justice and the compensation you deserve by:
- Gathering all the evidence necessary to prove the at-fault driver was negligent.
- Negotiating vigorously with insurance company attorneys and other representatives on your behalf.
- Building a strong case that shows your full need for compensation for the financial, physical, and emotional harm the accident caused.
- Putting our trial experience to work preparing to fight and win in court in case we have to go to trial.
- Supporting you and keeping you informed every step of the way.
At Dennis Hernandez, we fight for justice for our clients and never back down.
Call us today in Clermont at 407.680.0000, or fill in the simple FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.