Ocoee Car Accident Lawyers
The population of Ocoee, Florida, has more than doubled in the past 20 years. As a result, the roads in Ocoee and throughout Orange County have been getting increasingly more crowded. Unfortunately, this means the number of traffic accidents has also increased. In just one recent year alone, there were 31,917 crashes on the roads of Orange County, according to data from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Many people were hurt in these crashes — 22,984 were injured and 177 were killed.
Injuries in car accidents are often very serious. People’s lives can be changed forever in the blink of an eye. One moment they can be fine, and then the next, they may have a life-altering injury. Accident victims and their families may have to deal with medical treatments, lost income, adjusting to new limitations, physical and emotional pain, and mounting bills. It can feel like way too much to deal with all at once.
We want you to know that you don’t have to go through this alone. Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney has been helping people injured in accidents for decades. We help people in Ocoee and throughout Florida seek the compensation they deserve, so they can focus their time and energy on healing from their injuries.
What Can an Ocoee Car Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
Even though Florida is a no-fault state, if you were seriously injured, you may have options other than relying on your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) to pay for all of your expenses. You may be able to bring a claim against the at-fault driver and hold them accountable for their negligence. When you hold the at-fault driver responsible, you may be eligible for far more financial compensation than you could get from your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) plan alone, where you are limited to $10,000 for medical expenses.
Although Florida is a no-fault state, the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law gives you the legal right to bring a claim or lawsuit against the other driver if you are seriously injured. However, it’s risky to try to do that by yourself without a lawyer. Insurance companies are in the business of making a profit by paying as little as they can on claims, and they will try to take advantage of a claimant who is not represented by a qualified Florida car accident lawyer.
Often, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will make a low settlement offer to an accident victim. The accident victim may be under a lot of stress, dealing with their injury and maybe having trouble paying their bills. They may accept the offer because they need the money but do not realize that they have other options. Later, they may very well regret that they accepted the offer when it turns out that the money was not enough to cover all the expenses and losses that stemmed from their injury.
When you have an experienced car accident lawyer on your side, you have a strong advocate fighting for your rights. Knowing that your attorney is well aware of their tactics, insurance company attorneys and other representative will not try to take advantage of you in the same way they do with accident victims who represent themselves.
What Compensatory Damages Can I Recover with a Florida Car Accident Claim?
Car accident victims who are seriously injured can recover compensation for economic and non-economic damages. These damages include:
- Medical expenses – those already incurred and any you are likely to incur in the future due to your injuries.
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Lost income and diminished earing capacity
- Diminished qualify of life
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
If an accident injury victim cannot provide the companionship, care and support he or she did before the accident, family members may also be able to obtain compensation for loss of consortium. If a family member died due to accident injuries, you may also be able to pursue compensation for the following damages with a wrongful death lawsuit:
- Loss of the loved one’s companionship and protection
- Pain and suffering from the loss of the loved one
- Loss of services and support family members would have received from the loved one, including future losses
- Children’s loss of parental guidance and instruction
- Medical expenses for treating the loved one after the injury
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of the loved one’s earnings
How Will an Experienced Ocoee Car Accident Lawyer Get Me Fair Compensation?
Your Ocoee car accident lawyer and the members of your legal team will use their knowledge, skill, experience, and determination to build a strong case showing that you deserve full and fair compensation. They will:
- Gather the evidence that shows the full extent of your injuries, the costs of your medical treatments, how those injuries are affecting your life now, and how they are likely to affect it in the future.
- Collect the evidence that shows how much income you have lost and how much you might be expected to lose in the future.
- Find the evidence that shows the at-fault driver was negligent and therefore, should be held responsible for your injuries.
- Negotiate aggressively with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to get you a fair and substantial settlement that compensates you for all the harm you and your family have suffered.
- Be ready to go to trial, if necessary, and prepare a powerful and convincing case.
Get Help from an Expert Car Crash Attorney in Ocoee
Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney helps accident victims in Ocoee get justice and fair compensation for their injuries. Please contact us for a free consultation if:
- You want to know if your injuries are serious enough for you to file a claim against the at-fault driver.
- You received an offer from an insurance company to pay for your car accident injuries. Always contact us before making a decision about whether to accept an offer!
- You have questions about what your options are under Florida law.
- You feel overwhelmed and don’t know what to do next.
- A loved one was killed in an accident, and you want to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
- You want our help in:
- Gathering evidence to prove the at-fault driver was negligent.
- Proving the extent of your injuries and your expenses.
- Negotiating on your behalf with the insurance company.
- Going to trial, if necessary.
We are committed to seeing you get a fair settlement, and we never back down!
To get started on your case, call us in Ocoee at 407.680.0000, or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website.