Orlando Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycles are popular in Orlando for residents and tourists alike. This popularity has its downside, however, in that the prevalence of motorcycles also mean a prevalence of motorcycle accidents. In 2018, for example, there were almost 600 motorcycle crashes in Orange County, resulting in 513 injuries and 31 fatalities.
A motorcycle accident can leave a rider with serious physical injuries, psychological trauma, and financial hardship. Juggling medical providers and services along with trying to get your bills paid can add even more stress and anxiety to an already difficult situation. Help is available, however.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident that someone else caused, you may be able to hold the negligent party accountable and get compensated for your injuries. The experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA have helped hundreds of Florida accident victims obtain the compensation they deserve and are eager to help you.
What Causes Orlando Motorcycle Accidents?
Data compiled by the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) tells us that motorcycles are disproportionately involved in accidents. Some of the more common causes of a motorcycle accident include:
- Impaired drivers – Whether it is the motorcyclist or the driver of another vehicle who is impaired, driving while under the influence consistently ranks as a leading cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Failing to see a motorcyclist – Because motorcycles take up considerably less space on the roadway, other drivers often collide with motorcyclists because they failed to see the motorcycle.
- Rider inexperience – Operating a motorcycle safely requires skill and experience which, when lacking, can contribute to a crash.
- Dangerous road conditions – When motorists fail to adjust to road conditions, including wet or uneven pavement, chipped asphalt, and obstacles in the roadway, it can lead to a serious accident.
- Door accidents – When the occupant of a parked vehicle fails to see a motorcycle coming before opening a door, a motorcyclist can pay a steep cost by colliding with the door.
Orlando Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Anyone involved in a motor vehicle accident is at risk for serious injury; however, when a motorcycle is involved in a collision, the motorcyclist is injured about 80 percent of the time. Some of the more common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Broken or fractured bones – Because a motorcycle offers little protection to riders when an accident occurs, multiple broken or fractured bones are common injuries.
- Injured limbs –It can be necessary to amputate a limb if it sustained severe injuries in the collision.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries, which lead to partial or total paralysis, can occur if the rider is thrown during an accident.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – Being thrown from a motorcycle during an accident can result in a traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can range in severity from a mild concussion to severe brain damage.
- Fatal injuries – A serious motorcycle accident can result in fatal injuries to the motorcyclist.
Am I Entitled to Compensation My Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial damages you have suffered, including:
- Chronic pain
- Stress and emotional suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
- Loss of income
- Mounting medical bills
As motorcycle accident victim, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages refer to your out-of-pocket expenses, such as lost wages, existing and future medical bills, and damage to your motorcycle. Non-economic damages compensate you for the emotional trauma and other subjective injuries you experienced because of the accident.
Get Help from an Experienced Orlando Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, the experienced Orlando motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA can help you hold the negligent party accountable and get the full compensation you deserve. We will advocate on your behalf and support you through the entire legal process.
First, we will collect the evidence necessary to prove negligence on the part of the at-fault party. Then we will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. If we cannot reach a settlement agreement that compensates you for all your injuries, we will not back down. Unlike other attorneys, we will continue fighting for your rights and the compensation you deserve until we win in court.
Let us put our extensive trial experience and skill to work for you. You can depend on the experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA to be by your side throughout the entire legal process to make sure you are fully and fairly compensated.
Call us at 855.529.3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard.
National Highway Safety Traffic Administration. (n.d.) A comprehensive approach to motorcycle safety.