Deltona Car Accident Lawyers
As the population of Deltona and Volusia County has grown, the number of motor vehicles and traffic on our roads has also increased. Unfortunately, this means there have been more car crashes and more car accident injuries. For example, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports that in 2019 alone, there were 10,136 car crashes, 4,513 injury crashes and 126 car accident fatalities in Volusia County.
As these numbers suggest, car accidents are a major cause of accidental injuries, and many of those injuries are very serious, even life-altering. Sadly, accident victims and their families often face multiple adjustments and difficulties, such as the need for long-term medical treatment and problems paying all the bills.
If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident, you don’t have to handle all of the difficulties alone. Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney in Deltona has years of experience helping car accident victims throughout Florida. We welcome the opportunity to help you hold the at-fault driver accountable and obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
When Should You Get Help from a Deltona Car Accident Lawyer?
When you are injured in a car accident, your first step after getting immediate medical attention is probably to report the accident to your insurance company. According to section 627.736 of the Florida Statutes, your Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance pays a maximum of $10,000 for medical treatment, so if you are seriously injured, you need to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company for medical and other expenses over $10,000.
The insurance company will assess your claim and decide how much they are willing to pay you. Since their goal is to minimize the amount of money they pay out in claims, they typically decide to pay much less than accident victims need or deny claims altogether. Faced with mounting medical bills, car repair expenses and other issues, many accident victims settle with the at-fault driver’s insurance company without considering other options. Unfortunately, they realize later on that accepting the insurance company’s offer was a huge mistake.
After a serious car accident injury, your medical needs and healthcare expenses can continue to mount, problems can occur at home and at work, and every day life can become challenging. Accident injury victims often experience chronic pain and mental distress, and family members may also suffer due to their loss of emotional support, companionship and income. The insurance company’s settlement doesn’t come close to compensating them for their losses, pain and emotional suffering.
Having an experienced car accident lawyer working to protect your rights is important so you can avoid this situation. Your attorney will look out for you and pursue full and fair compensation for you by:
- Collecting all the evidence necessary to establish negligence on the at-fault driver’s part.
- Examining your medical records and other evidence to determine the full value of your claim.
- Negotiating knowledgeably and vigorously with insurance company representatives and attorneys for a suitable settlement.
- Proving that a substantial financial award is needed to compensate you for the damages you suffered.
- Preparing a powerful winning case in case you need to go to trial.
- Not backing down in the fight for full and fair compensation for you.
When considering how to proceed after a car accident injury, it’s important to keep in mind that insurance companies typically try to pay out as little as possible so they can make as much money as possible. Without an attorney who is known for being a strong litigator advocating for your rights, you could be left without the financial resources to pay for necessary medical expenses and compensate you for the physical and emotional pain you endured because of your car accident injuries.
When Should You Pursue a Florida Car Accident Lawsuit?
Often, Floridians who have been injured in car accidents mistakenly assume they do not have grounds for a lawsuit and do not hire a lawyer. Perhaps they do not understand the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law, or maybe they were given bad advice about it. Whatever the case, the reality is that under Florida’s no-fault law, you can file a car accident lawsuit to obtain compensation if you suffered serious injuries.
The law states that anyone injured in a motor vehicle accident can recover damages for pain, suffering, mental anguish and inconvenience if their injury involves significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function, permanent injury, significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement or death. Even though these conditions sound daunting, it’s important to not assume you do not have a “serious injury” without getting advice from an experienced Florida car accident attorney.
There are many situations in which a lawsuit is necessary to obtain the funds car accident victims need to compensate them for their ongoing medical expenses, loss of income, pain, suffering, and other damages. Some of the serious car accident injuries that could cause these damages include:
- Neck and Back injuries– The sudden impact of a car crash can lead to permanent injuries of your discs that can degenerate and worsen over time, often leading to surgery later in life.
- Broken bones – Besides being painful and affecting your ability to function normally, serious breaks can require surgery and result in chronic pain, infection, and even loss of function of a limb.
- Burns: If your vehicle catches on fire after a collision, you could have serious burn injuries that are extremely painful and can also result in scarring and other physical problems.
- Brain injuries – The sudden impact of car accidents is one of the major causes of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) that can cause permanent, life-changing damage or death.
- Spinal cord injuries – Car crashes can cause spinal cord injuries that can result in paralysis or lack of sensation or functioning in some or all of your limbs.
- Loss of limbs: In catastrophic crashes, your arms or legs can be crushed or torn and damaged so severely that amputation is necessary.
An experienced Florida car accident attorney will examine the circumstances surrounding your accident and injuries and let you know if you should file a lawsuit to recover damages.
What Compensation Can You Get with a Florida Car Accident Lawsuit?
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, you could be entitled to recover damages to compensate you for your injuries. With a Florida car accident lawsuit, you could potentially pursue compensation for:
- Medical expenses already incurred and those possible in the future, including hospital expenses, medication, medical equipment, diagnostic procedures, treatments, office visits, and transportation to appointments
- Income lost due to time off work due to accident injuries
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical pain, emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
Family members may also be able to obtain compensation for loss of consortium if you are no longer able to provide the same kind of companionship, care and support you did before the accident. If you lost a family member in a fatal automobile accident, you may also be able to pursue compensation with a wrongful death lawsuit.
Get Help in Deltona with Your Florida Car Accident Claim
Dennis Hernandez Expert Car Crash Attorney is committed to ensuring you achieve justice and are compensated fairly for your injuries. We will put our resources, skill and knowledge to work helping you through the entire legal process and making sure you get the substantial compensation you deserve.
We will assure all evidence is gathered in a timely manner to prove negligence and will negotiate directly with insurance company representatives and defense attorneys on your behalf. We will build a strong case demonstrating your need for compensation for physical, emotional, and financial damages caused by the car accident and will be prepared to fight aggressively in court to get the award you deserve.
Many lawyers will do everything they can to avoid going to trial, but we won’t back down and leave money on the table. We will leverage our trial experience and litigation skills to fight for and win the compensation you deserve.
Call us in Deltona at 407.680.0000 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.