Lehigh Acres Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
Americans love shopping online. According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, people in the U.S. spend more than $90 billion every month on online purchases, and media reports suggest that Florida is one of the leading states for online shopping.
The rapid increase in online purchases is the reason why you’re now seeing so many delivery trucks on the highways and residential streets in Lehigh Acres and throughout Florida. Unfortunately, these delivery trucks cause accidents. Sometimes only the truck drivers get hurt. Often, though, innocent drivers and passengers in cars are severely injured in crashes involving the trucks.
If you or a family member has recently been seriously injured in a delivery truck accident, your life could be in turmoil. The Dennis Hernandez truck accident lawyers understand the difficulties you may be experiencing and have helped hundreds of families throughout Florida that have been affected by serious accident injuries. Our legal team in Lehigh Acres wants to help you understand and protect your rights and collect the full compensation to which you may be entitled under Florida law.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the contact form on this page to get the help you need. Our expert legal advice and services are FREE until we win your case.
Injuries That Are Commonly Seen as the Result of Lehigh Acres Delivery Truck Accidents
Delivery vans and trucks weigh a lot more than cars and other passenger vehicles. In a collision between a delivery truck and a car, the force of the impact of the larger and heavier truck often inflicts damage on the car and causes severe injuries to the people inside. Common injuries from these accidents include:
- Injuries to the arms, legs, fingers, or toes that may be severe enough to cause traumatic amputation
- Broken bones and fractures, including broken hips, ribs, and/or multiple fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
- Neck and head injuries
- Disfiguring cuts and lacerations
If the delivery driver’s negligence caused your accident injury, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for the medical treatment that you need for your injuries, both now and in the future. In addition, you may receive compensation for lost income, loss of quality of life and other damages recoverable under Florida law.
What Are Common Causes of Delivery Truck Accidents in Lehigh Acres?
Delivery truck drivers are often under extreme pressure from their employers to quickly deliver large quantities of packages. To meet their delivery quotas, they have to work too fast and risk injuring both themselves and others. Common causes of Lehigh Acres delivery truck accidents include:
- Drowsy driving. In addition to getting tired from having to work too quickly, delivery drivers also typically work long hours. They may have 10-hour shifts. Because they are racing to meet their quotas, they may not take rest breaks when they become fatigued. Driving while drowsy is dangerous. In fact, drivers are three times more likely to get into an accident if they are fatigued.
- Risky maneuvers. Delivery trucks may come to sudden stops or make unexpected quick turns if they see they have passed their destinations. This can cause collisions with other vehicles, especially when the delivery trucks are driving on narrow residential streets that were never intended for such large vehicles.
- Distracted driving. Delivery drivers may take their eyes off the road to look for addresses, to check their GPS, or to use their phones. Even just a moment of distraction can cause an accident.
- Inexperienced delivery drivers. With all the packages that need to be delivered every day, delivery companies often have trouble hiring enough drivers. The companies may hire people who have little or no experience driving trucks and then fail to train them properly.
Florida law gives you the right to seek compensation when the delivery driver’s negligence was a cause of the accident. The Dennis Hernandez Lehigh Acres delivery truck accident lawyers have the expertise and resources to thoroughly investigate your accident and gather the evidence necessary to prove negligence on the delivery driver’s part.
Who Is at Fault for Your Lehigh Acres Delivery Truck Accident?
If we determine that the delivery truck driver’s negligence caused the accident in which you were injured, the investigation does not stop there. Sometimes, there are other parties who may also be held legally responsible for the accident. Parties who may be named as plaintiffs in a lawsuit, in addition to the truck driver may include:
- The driver’s employer
- The manufacturer of the delivery truck and its parts
- Those who were responsible for maintaining and repairing the delivery truck
Some delivery truck drivers are self-employed. Others may work for third-party subcontractors. A Dennis Hernandez Lehigh Acres delivery truck accident lawyer, assisted by our outstanding legal team, will do the research and investigation to find out which parties may be liable for your injuries. All the responsible parties can be named in a delivery truck accident lawsuit, so you can seek compensation from all of their insurance companies.
What Compensation Are You Entitled to for Delivery Truck Accident Injuries?
If you were injured in a delivery truck accident in Lehigh Acres or anywhere else in Florida, you may be entitled to compensation for your present and future expenses and losses. The amount you may be able to obtain depends many factors, such as the extent of your injuries, the type of treatment needed, and your ability to work. However, in general, you may be entitled to financial compensation for:
- Mental anguish and stress
- Physical pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Income you’ve lost because you cannot work or cannot work in the same capacity you used to
- Medical expenses for procedures, office visits, hospital stays, surgery, diagnostic tests, medication, assistive devices, rehabilitation, and home care
- Your family’s loss of your support, guidance and companionship
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The experienced Dennis Hernandez truck accident lawyers will build a compelling case demonstrating the full extent of your need for substantial compensation for the many expenses and losses your injuries have caused.
We Can Help You Get the Full Compensation You Deserve for Your Delivery Truck Accident Injuries
The Dennis Hernandez Lehigh Acres legal team fights for the rights of accident victims. Work with us, and we will investigate your accident thoroughly, identify all at-fault parties, amass the evidence to prove negligence and negotiate aggressively with the insurance companies We will determine and prove the full value of your current and future medical needs, lost income, and quality-of-life losses so that you can get all the compensation you need and deserve.
We never give up and never back down. We’ll go to court and fight to win if the insurance companies won’t agree to a fair settlement.
You don’t have to file a claim and deal with insurance companies and other parties’ lawyers by yourself. Let our expert legal team in Lehigh Acres take care of the legal process while you focus your energy on getting better. We’ll be by your side through every step of the legal proceedings and always be glad to answer your questions and keep you updated on progress on your case.
Contact us today to get started on your case. Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website. Our expert legal advice and services are free until we win your case.