Alafaya Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
Online shopping has changed the buying habits of many people throughout the U.S. and here at home in Alafaya and the surrounding areas in Florida. Every month, Americans spend about $90 billion purchasing items online. That creates an enormous need for delivery trucks to bring the packages to people’s homes, offices, and other drop-off points.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 1,705,000 people are employed driving delivery trucks. While home delivery is very convenient for shoppers, the delivery trucks are dangerous for other vehicles on the road. They have a high rate of accidents and because they are bigger and heavier than cars, a collision involving a delivery truck can severely injure the cars’ occupants.
If you or a loved one has suffered severe injuries in a delivery truck crash, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical and care expenses, other losses, and pain and suffering. The experienced Dennis Hernandez Alafaya delivery truck accident lawyers can help you get the maximum compensation to which you are entitled under Florida law. We’ve helped hundreds of Florida families get the financial compensation they deserve after experiencing accident injuries and will put our skill and experience to work for you and your family.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website for free legal advice on pursuing a claim for damages against a negligent delivery truck driver or other negligent party.
Why Are Delivery Trucks So Dangerous to Residents of Alafaya?
There are three types of delivery trucks. They all put other motorists at risk:
- Long-distance semis or other large trucks, which carry merchandise substantial distances, mostly on the highway. Large long-distance trucks often cause serious accidents because they are hard to maneuver in traffic and need time to come to a stop. Commercial truck drivers often ignore laws that require them to take rest breaks after a certain amount of time on the road. The drivers can become dangerously drowsy. More than one out of three drivers of large commercial long-distance delivery trucks are involved in at least one serious truck accident at some point during their career.
- Delivery vans, which pick up packages at airports, local warehouses, and local distribution centers, then bring them to their final destinations. These vans often drive on residential streets. Delivery van drivers are under pressure from their employers to deliver large quantities of packages in a very short amount of time. This causes them to rush, avoid taking rest breaks, drive too fast for the road conditions, and take risks with their driving.
- Delivery trucks that cover similar routes but are smaller than a typical delivery van. These began to be used when the demand for deliveries rose. These small trucks may be unregulated. When smaller delivery trucks are unregulated, other vehicles around them may be at even greater risk. The small truck delivery drivers may be less skilled and experienced, and their trucks may be more likely to malfunction, compared to larger vans and trucks.
If your accident was caused, at least partially, by the negligence of a delivery truck driver, a delivery truck owner, a truck manufacturer, and/or whoever was responsible for maintaining and repairing the truck, you may be entitled to substantial compensation.
Contact the Dennis Hernandez Alafaya delivery truck accident lawyers to find out how we can investigate the accident, find out which party or parties was negligent, and then fight to hold the at-fault parties financially responsible for your injuries.
Injuries Commonly Seen in Alafaya Delivery Truck Accidents
When a delivery truck is involved in a crash with a car, the car’s driver and passengers may suffer severe injuries. These injuries may be disabling or disfiguring. They may require years or a lifetime of care. A Dennis Hernandez Alafaya delivery truck accident lawyer can build a case showing the full extent of your need for compensation for present and future medical costs for injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
- Injuries to legs, arms, feet, or hands
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Injuries to head, neck, or back
- Burn injuries
Types of Compensation You May Receive in an Alafaya Delivery Truck Accident Claim or Lawsuit
If you were injured in a delivery truck collision in Alafaya or anywhere else in Florida, you may be able to recover both economic and non-economic damages. The amount you may receive depends on various factors, such as the severity of your injuries, the kind(s) of treatment you need, and your ability to work. In general, however, you may be able to obtain compensation for:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, guidance and assistance
- Income you’ve lost because you cannot work or cannot work in the same capacity you did before the accident
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, medical procedures, diagnostic tests, office visits, medications, assistive devices, rehabilitation and home care
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The Dennis Hernandez truck accident lawyers have the experience and resources needed to assess all the damages you have suffered and gather all the evidence needed to build a compelling case demonstrating the full extent of your need for substantial compensation.
Get Experienced Legal Help in Alafaya for Your Delivery Truck Accident Case
When you seek compensation for your injuries, it’s a tremendous help to have an experienced lawyer by your side, guiding you through the legal process and fighting aggressively for your rights. The Dennis Hernandez Alafaya delivery truck accident lawyers have the experience, resources, and dedication to protect your legal rights and help you gain the maximum compensation available.
Unlike many other personal injury lawyers, the Dennis Hernandez Alafaya team is always ready to take the fight to the courtroom if the at-fault party’s insurance company won’t agree to a fair settlement. We will never suggest you settle for less than the full, fair amount you deserve!
We’ll investigate the accident thoroughly, identify all negligent parties, gather evidence to prove they should be held responsible, and demonstrate your full need for compensation for all your present and future injury-related expenses and losses.
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out our FREE CASE EVALUATION form to get started on your case. Our expert legal advice and services are FREE until we win you case.