Altamonte Springs Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
If you collided with a semi-truck while you were in a car or other passenger vehicle, chances are your car was damaged and you were seriously hurt. That’s because an accident involving a semi-truck is enormously dangerous due to the truck’s huge size and weight. A semi-truck may be 30 times heavier than a typical passenger vehicle. All that weight comes bearing down with crushing force in a crash.
These tragic crashes happen far too often. Across the U.S., there are approximately 5,000 fatal accidents involving large trucks every year. Unfortunately, Florida, is a leading state for fatal commercial truck accidents, with 351 large commercial trucks involved in fatal accidents in one year.
If you were seriously injured or lost a family member in a recent semi-truck accident in Altamonte Springs or anywhere else in Florida, you may be experiencing many difficulties. The Dennis Hernandez truck accident lawyers know that accident injuries can cause pain and suffering and require extensive medical treatment. We also know that we cannot change what happened. However, we can help you meet some of the challenges you are facing by filing a claim for damages against the at-fault party or parties.
Please call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to talk with an experienced truck accident lawyer and find out if you are eligible to file a claim for substantial financial compensation for your expenses and losses. We have been helping accident victims like you for more than 25 years and welcome the opportunity to learn about your situation, answer your questions, and advise you on whether you have a good case for pursuing compensation, all at no charge to you.
What Causes Semi-Truck Crashes in Altamonte Springs?
Semi-truck drivers have an especially high risk of getting into an accident. There are several reasons for this related to drivers:
- Semi-trucks are hard to handle. They are tricky to maneuver through traffic, need a long time to come to a full stop, and require a lot of room to make turns.
- Semi-truck drivers are often dangerously fatigued. When a driver is tired, at best, their judgment and reaction times are impaired. At worst, they could fall asleep behind the wheel. Because of these risks, there are federal regulations that require truck drivers to take breaks after driving a certain number of hours.
- Drivers can be easily distracted by cell phones and other devices and not paying adequate attention to other vehicles or road conditions.
- Drivers may be impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- Drivers may speed because they are under pressure to get to their destination within a short period of time.
Unfortunately, semi-truck drivers often break the law and drive longer than they should, past the point where they are too fatigued to drive safely. This is a common type of negligence that causes collisions with other vehicles on the road.
Some truck accidents occur because truck parts, such as brakes or tires, are defective or because a truck wasn’t properly maintained or loaded correctly.
With so many potential causes, it is very important to have experienced truck accident lawyers investigate the cause of your accident and gather evidence showing who was at fault. The Dennis Hernandez Altamonte Springs semi-truck accident lawyer have the resources, skill, and experience to build a strong case showing who was negligent and should therefore be held legally responsible for your injury-related expenses and losses.
Who Is Legally Responsible for an Altamonte Springs Semi-Truck Accident?
Under Florida law, anyone whose negligence caused or contributed to a truck accident can be held legally responsible for damages caused by that accident. In other words, if you were injured in a semi-truck accident that another party or parties caused or partially caused, you have the right to seek financial compensation from them for the damages (e.g., expenses, pain, suffering and losses) their negligence caused.
In semi-truck accidents, there are several parties who may be legally responsible. The Dennis Hernandez Altamonte Springs semi-truck accident lawyers are skilled inidentifying all the parties who may be held responsible to help ensure you get the maximum compensation available under the law.
The parties who may be held legally responsible include:
- The driver of the semi-truck, if the driver’s negligence or recklessness contributed to or caused the accident.
- The manufacturer of the semi-truck or its parts, if manufacturing defects caused a mechanical failure that contributed to or caused the accident.
- The person, people, or companies responsible for maintaining, repairing, or inspecting the semi-truck, if they did their jobs improperly and this caused a dangerous condition.
- The owner of the semi-truck and the owner of the cargo the truck was carrying.
How an Altamonte Springs Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You Get Compensated Fully for Your Injuries
If you have been seriously injured in a semi-truck accident due to another party or parties’ negligence, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for your injuries, including present and future:
- Medical expenses, including treatment, hospital stays, doctor visits, medication, surgery, rehab, therapy, home care, and assistive devices
- Loss of income and diminished earning capacity due to your injuries
- Physical pain and suffering
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Mental anguish and trauma
- Your family’s suffering due to loss of your companionship, guidance and assistance
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The Dennis Hernandez Altamonte Springs semi-truck accident lawyers will fight for your rights to receive the full compensation you deserve. We’ll investigate the accident, identify the at-fault parties, gather the evidence to prove negligence, build a compelling case demonstrating your need for substantial compensation, negotiate with the at-fault parties’ insurance companies on your behalf, and never accept any offer that is less than you deserve. We are always prepared to take the fight to court if that’s what it takes to get you a fair result.
Dennis Hernandez lawyers never give up and never settle for less than you deserve!
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case. Our expert legal advice and services our FREE until we win your case.