Lehigh Acres Slip and Fall Lawyer
In Lehigh Acres, throughout Florida, and all around the country, many people are dealing with the consequences of slip and fall accidents. According to a CDC fact sheet, approximately one in five people who fall are severely injured, and more than 800,000 people are admitted to the hospital each year in the U.S. because of fall injuries. In Florida, falls are the leading cause of injuries for older adults.
Sadly, many of these injuries could have been prevented. Falls are often caused by slipping or tripping hazards that should have been taken care of. Property owners and managers have a legal responsibility to use reasonable care to keep their premises safe for customers, guests, and visitors. However, many of them are negligent and do slipping and tripping hazards or warn customers and visitors about them.
The Dennis Hernandez Lehigh Acres slip and fall lawyers are committed to helping people who were injured in a fall caused at least partially by a property owner or manager’s negligence. We have helped hundreds of Florida families get the full, fair compensation they deserve for their injuries and will fight for your right under Florida law to hold the negligent party responsible for your injuries and seek substantial financial compensation.
To find out if you have a good case for making a claim against a negligent property owner, call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION on this page. There is no charge for our legal advice and services until you win your case and receive compensation.
HOW MUCH COMPENSATION WILL I RECEIVE IF I FILE A SLIP AND FALL LAWSUIT IN LEHIGH ACRES, FLORIDA?
If a property owner or property manager’s negligence was a contributing cause of your falling accident, you can seek to hold them financially responsible for the harm your accident caused. You may be entitled to receive compensation from the negligent party for your present and expected future expenses and losses that resulted from your slip and fall injuries. These expenses and losses may include:
- Medical expenses, which may include emergency room treatment, in-patient and out-patient hospital care, surgery, medication, doctor visits, rehabilitation services, assistive devices, home care, and transportation costs for getting to and from medical appointments
- Wages lost because you have to cut back your work hours, take a job that pays less, or stop working altogether
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental suffering and anxiety
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Scarring, disfigurement and disability
- Your family’s loss of your guidance, companionship, and assistance.
When you bring a slip and fall accident claim or lawsuit against a negligent party, it’s important that you demonstrate the full extent of your injury-related expenses and losses, so that you will be able to get the full compensation you deserve. The Dennis Hernandez Lehigh Acres slip and fall lawyers have the experience, skill and resources to gather proof of your needs and build a compelling case showing that you should receive substantial compensation.
WHAT CAUSES SLIP AND FALL OR TRIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS IN LEHIGH ACRES, FLORIDA?
When people fall, it is often because there is a hazard where they are walking – something that makes them slip, an object that they trip over, or conditions that cause them to stumble. If you fell while you were in or around a store, restaurant, entertainment venue, or other place where you were a customer, visitor, or guest, the property owner and manager had a responsibility to see that the premises were free of falling hazards or to warn you about them. If they failed to do so, you can seek compensation from them for your injuries.
Many types of conditions can create falling hazards. These are some of the most common:
- Liquid on the floor or ground. This common slipping hazard may be from drinks or other liquid items that were spilled, leaks, accumulated rainwater, or water splashed around a pool.
- Hazardous flooring and paving material, including unsecured rugs, loose tiles, loose floorboards, carpeting that is bunched up, and cracked or uneven pavement.
- Staircase hazards, including loose or missing steps, loose or missing handrails, and poor lighting.
- Obstacles in walkways, including objects left where they can be tripped over and electrical cords strung across aisles or other paths where people walk.
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Lehigh Acres slip and fall lawyers will thoroughly investigate your accident and identify the cause and all the parties whose negligence resulted in the hazardous condition that led to your fall.
COMMON INJURIES FROM FALLS IN LEHIGH ACRES
Falls often cause broken bones or head injuries. Broken hips are usually caused by falls, and are especially dangerous for older people. Broken bones elsewhere in the body may require extensive care and can cause medical complications.
Fall can also cause lacerations, facial injuries, neck injuries, and other injuries, which can cause disability, disfigurement, or permanent scars.
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and spinal cord injuries can also occur because of falls. These serious injuries can result in life-altering disabilities or death.
GET EXPERIENCED LEGAL HELP IN LEHIGH VALLEY FOR YOUR SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT CLAIM
Our experienced Lehigh Acres slip and fall lawyers will be with you every step of the way throughout the legal process. We will leave no stone unturned in pursuit of justice and fight for your right to get the full, fair compensation you deserve. As your lawyers, we will:
- Thoroughly investigate your accident to identify the exact cause and determine the parties responsible for the negligence.
- Gather evidence showing those parties were at fault for your slip and fall accident.
- Demonstrate the full extent of your need for compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, and other damages, both now and in the future.
- Never settle for less than the full amount you deserve.
- Promptly answer all of your questions and keep you well informed of progress on your case.
- Fight to win the award you deserve in court if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
At Dennis Hernandez, we never back down and we never settle for less than the full, fair amount you deserve.
To get started on your case, call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page.