Deltona Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
With its rolling hills and beautiful lakes, Deltona, Florida, is a great place to ride a motorcycle. Unfortunately, however, as the city continues to grow and attract new residents and businesses, there is more traffic on the roads and more motorcycle accidents.
Last year, there were 538 motorcycle crashes in Volusia County, as reported by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Motorcycle crashes usually cause injuries, and the accidents in Volusia County were no exception. There were 510 people who were injured in those crashes, and 46 who were killed. Many families in Deltona, the most populous city in Volusia, suffered the tragedy of having a loved one hurt or killed in a motorcycle crash.
If you or a family member have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in the Deltona area, you could be facing many difficulties all at once. You may be dealing with pain, the need for extensive medical treatment, loss of income, inability to enjoy your favorite activities, and uncertainty about the future.
The Dennis Hernandez Deltona motorcycle accident attorneys understand these problems and want to help. We have over twenty-five years of experience helping accident victims throughout Florida get the full, fair compensation they need. We want to hear what happened to you and put our experience to work helping you get the compensation you deserve. Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website for a free, no-obligation consultation.
What Compensation Is Available in Deltona, Florida, for Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident in Deltona or anywhere in Florida, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your:
- Medical expenses related to the injuries, including present and future doctor visits, hospital stays, surgeries, medication, diagnostic tests, rehabilitation, and assistive devices and equipment.
- Present and future income lost for the time you are unable to work, can’t work your full hours, or have to take a lower-paying job because of your injuries.
- Physical pain and suffering related to your motorcycle crash injuries.
- Emotional trauma and mental suffering, including depression, anxiety, and grief.
- Scarring, disfigurement and disability.
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, love, guidance, and support.
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law.
The amount of compensation you may receive depends on your individual circumstances, including how badly you were hurt in the accident and how much treatment you need. Motorcycle accident injuries are often very serious, and the compensation you may get can be substantial.
To ensure you get all the compensation you deserve, talk to a Deltona motorcycle accident lawyer. Never sign anything from an insurance company without talking to a lawyer first – you could be signing away your rights! The Dennis Hernandez Deltona lawyers are dedicated to protecting your rights and helping you and your family have a more financially secure future.
Common Causes of Deltona, Florida, Motorcycle Crashes
A study done by the National Transportation Safety Board shows that driver errors were the cause, or at least part of the cause, of 94% of motorcycle accidents. In more than half of those accidents, it was the other driver, not the motorcycle rider, who made the mistakes that caused or contributed to the crash.
If you think the other driver was at least partially at fault in your accident, you should talk to a Deltona motorcycle accident lawyer and find out how you can file a claim against the other driver. Florida law allows you to seek compensation from the other driver even if you were also partially at fault.
Some of the common causes of Deltona motorcycle accidents include:
- The other driver failing to properly check blind spots. Car or truck drivers who don’t check their blind spots when changing lanes may not see a motorcycle that is in their blind spots and can sideswipe the bike, causing serious injuries.
- The other driver making a left turn without properly looking. If a vehicle makes a left turn in front of a motorcycle without paying proper attention, the vehicle driver may not notice that the motorcycle is there, causing a serious crash.
- Motorcycle falling while trying to avoid a collision with the other driver. If the driver of the other vehicle makes a mistake, and the motorcycle rider tries to avoid the impending crash, the motorcycle can fall and cause the rider to suffer serious injuries.
- Motorcycle rider inexperience. Motorcycle riders may make mistakes that can cause or contribute to accidents if they do not have enough experience riding on roads.
A Dennis Hernandez Deltona motorcycle accident lawyer can collect and analyze evidence to demonstrate who was at fault for your accident. If the other driver was partially or completely at fault, you may be entitled to substantial compensation from the other driver’s insurance company.
Get the Help You Need in Deltona for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
When you work with a Dennis Hernandez motorcycle accident lawyer, we work diligently to protect your legal rights and fight for the full, fair compensation you deserve. We will gather evidence proving the other driver’s negligence, demonstrate your full need for compensation, aggressively negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your behalf, ensure your legal rights are protected, be ready to go to trial if necessary to get a fair outcome, leverage our litigation skills and experience to get you all that you deserve, and never back down!
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form to get started!