Sarasota Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents are a major cause of serious injuries in Sarasota. Throughout the state of Florida, falls are the number one cause of both fatal and non-fatal injuries for people 65 years and older. Younger people in the state are also at risk of getting severely injured in falls. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 20% of fatal workplace injuries in Florida are caused by slips, trips, and falls. Many falls also occur in stores, restaurants, at sporting and entertainment events, and on sidewalks and walkways.
Falls that aren’t fatal may cause life-altering injuries. Falling is, in fact, the most frequent cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which can cause long-lasting or permanent brain damage. In addition, more than 95% of hip fractures are caused by falls, and every year in the United States, 800,000 people are hospitalized because of their fall injuries.
Many of these injuries could have been prevented had property owners and managers maintained their property so that it was safe. Indeed, property owners have a legal duty to use reasonable care to make their premises safe for customers and guests. Part of that duty includes reducing the chance of falls by properly maintaining the property and warning visitors about known slipping and tripping hazards.
Under Florida law, when property owners and managers fail to meet the legal standard of care for safely maintaining their properties, and you fall because of their negligence, you can bring a claim or file a lawsuit against them. With this claim or lawsuit, you can seek to hold them legally accountable for their negligence and seek financial compensation from their insurance companies for your injuries.
An experienced Sarasota slip and fall lawyer can help you build a strong case showing that you deserve substantial compensation. The Dennis Hernandez Sarasota personal injury team has helped many people like you get the compensation they need to have the best life possible after they were injured.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out our FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get the help you need from Sarasota’s trusted slip and fall injury lawyers. Our expert legal advice and services are always FREE until we WIN your case.
HOW DO YOU WIN A SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT INJURY CASE IN SARASOTA, FLORIDA?
An experienced Sarasota slip and fall lawyer will build your case by proving that the property owner should be held responsible for your injuries. The law requires that your lawyer prove all the elements of a slip and fall claim. These are:
- The owner or manager had a legal duty to use reasonable care to keep their premises safe.
- The owner or manager breached that duty by failing to safely maintain their property.
- You fell and were injured because of the owner or manager’s breach of duty.
- You have damages (expenses and losses) because of those injuries.
The Dennis Hernandez Sarasota slip and fall lawyers have the experience and resources to gather the evidence necessary to prove all of the required elements of an injury claim or lawsuit. We will build a compelling case demonstrating that the property owner and/or manager’s negligence caused your slip and fall accident and that because of the accident you have suffered and may continue to suffer serious damages.
WHAT ARE COMMON CAUSES OF SARASOTA SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS?
Falling accidents often happen because property owners and managers fail to deal with slipping and tripping hazards on or around their premises. Some of the most common falling hazards are:
- Objects left in aisles or other walkways where people can trip over them
- Spilled liquid on the floor that is not promptly cleaned up
- Loose carpeting or broken floor tiles
- Bad lighting where people can’t see where they are going
- Cords strung across the floor
- Icy walkways
- Missing or loose handrails
- Broken stairs
- Violations of safety codes
The Dennis Hernandez slip and fall injury lawyers will thoroughly investigate the cause of your fall and identify the property owners or managers who were negligent. We will gather proof of their negligence to build a strong case showing they should be held financially responsible for your injuries.
WHAT ARE COMMON SERIOUS SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT INJURIES?
When people slip or trip and then fall, they can be injured in any part of their bodies. Often, those injuries are serious. Some of the most common serious injuries include:
- Broken bones can have serious complications. That’s especially true for hip fractures and broken ribs, where the complications may be fatal, especially for older people.
- Lacerations and cuts can cause permanent scarring or nerve damage.
- Facial injuries can cause disfigurement and severe emotional trauma.
- Spinal cord injuries can cause temporary or permanent paralysis or loss of sensation.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can cause life-altering changes in behavior and cognitive abilities.
If you or a loved one has suffered one of these or other injuries because of slipping or tripping and falling while on someone else’s property, contact the experienced Dennis Hernandez slip and fall lawyers in Sarasota for free expert legal advice. We can help you pursue full, fair compensation for the losses and suffering you have experienced and may continue to experience in the future because of your fall accident.
HOW MUCH COMPENSATION WILL I RECEIVE IN SARASOTA, FLORIDA, IF I WIN MY SLIP AND FALL INJURY LAWSUIT?
If you were seriously injured in your slip and fall accident, the settlement or award you receive could be substantial. That’s because you can get compensated for your current and long-term medical expenses, income losses, and other damages you suffer because of your injuries. These damages include:
- Medical expenses such as doctor visits, emergency department treatment, hospital stays, surgery, medication, assistive devices (such as wheelchairs or canes), and rehabilitation services.
- Income losses such reductions in income because you have to cut back your hours, can’t work at all, or have to take a different job that pays less.
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent scars, disfigurement and disabilities,
- Your family’s loss of your companionship and support
- Other damages that are recoverable under Florida law
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Sarasota slip and fall lawyers will gather evidence demonstrating the full extent of your need for compensation and will not settle for less than the full, fair amount you deserve.
GET HELP FROM EXPERIENCED SARASOTA SLIP AND FALL LAWYERS
Every Dennis Hernandez Sarasota slip and fall lawyer is committed to passionately pursuing justice for our injured clients. We will fight for your right to receive the full, fair compensation you deserve by:
- Gathering thorough evidence to prove the property owner or manager was negligent and should be held responsible for your injuries.
- Consulting experts and gathering records to show the full extent of your injuries and need for compensation now and in the future.
- Negotiating aggressively with the negligent party’s insurance company.
- Preparing assiduously to fight in court for a just award, if necessary.
- Guiding and supporting you through the legal process every step of the way.
The Dennis Hernandez Sarasota slip and fall lawyers will never settle for a penny less than you deserve. We don’t give up, and we never back down!
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case. Our services are always FREE until we WIN your case.