Sarasota Car Accident Lawyer
The number of vehicles on Florida’s roads has increased tremendously in the past ten years, leading to an unfortunate increase in the number of car accidents. In Sarasota County alone, we have close to 6,500 car accidents each year, including over 2,500 injury crashes.
Victims of injury car accidents often suffer serious physical injuries, pain, psychological trauma, and financial hardship because of a crash. In addition, handling insurance companies, submitting forms, understanding and paying medical bills, and financial stress can be very intimidating and overwhelming.
If you have been hurt in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, the good news is that you do not have to go it alone. The experienced Sarasota car accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA are dedicated to helping car accident victims like you hold the negligent party responsible and securing the compensation to which you are entitled.
Common Factors Causing Sarasota Car Accidents
Car accidents are often complicated events that happen for an equally complicated number of reasons. There are, however, some common causes of car accidents in Sarasota, including:
- Distracted driving – Distracted driving has always been a factor in car accidents; however, the increased use of cell phones has caused a corresponding increase in accidents involving a distracted driver.
- Speed – Speed has long been a factor in about one in three car accidents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Hazardous road conditions – A driver who does not adjust for hazardous conditions such as rain, ice, snow, or fog is a danger to others on the roadway.
- Impaired driving –Alcohol, illicit drugs, prescription, and over-the-counter medications can all cause a driver to be impaired, often resulting in a catastrophic accident.
- Fatigued driving – The AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety estimates that one in five fatal crashes involves a drowsy driver, making fatigued driving as dangerous as drunk driving.
Injuries Victims Suffer in Sarasota Car Accidents
The victim of a serious car accident may suffer numerous physical injuries, including injury to the head, limbs, and internal organs. Among the most common car accident injuries are:
- Neck and Back injuries– The most common car accident injuries are herniated and bulging discs in the neck and back. These are typically permanent injuries that get worse as time passes, often requiring surgery later in life.
- Burns — Scarring and life-long pain often result when a car accident victim suffers burn injuries in the accident.
- Loss of limbs – Limbs that were crushed or seriously damaged in a serious car accident may need to be amputated.
- Brain injuries – A sudden jolt or blow to the head that occurs in a car accident can cause a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), leading to permanent, life-altering injuries, or even death.
- Spinal cord injuries – If the spinal cord is injured in a car accident, the victim may be faced with paralysis in some, or all, their limbs.
- Broken bones – Broken bones may cause severe pain, loss of function in a limb, and could lead to infection.
What Compensation Is Available for a Sarasota Car Accident Victim?
As the victim of a Sarasota car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, including for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and other care costs
- Income lost because of time off because of accident injuries
- Loss of earning capacity in the future
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
If a family member was the victim of a car accident, you may also be able to pursue compensation for loss of consortium if a spouse or parent can no longer provide the companionship, care, and support they did before the accident. If your loved one was fatally injured, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit.
Contact the Experienced Sarasota Car Accident Attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA for the Legal Help You Need
Securing compensation for injured victims and holding negligent parties accountable are the primary goals of the Sarasota car accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA. We work diligently to prove negligence and negotiate a fair and just settlement that compensates you for all the physical, emotional, and financial damages caused by the car accident.
When reaching a fair settlement is not possible, we will not back down. We will put our extensive trial experience to work for you to ensure you are awarded the compensation you deserve. The car accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates will fight for you and support you through the entire legal process.
Call us at 855.529.3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. 2019 traffic safety culture index.
Florida Department of Transportation. (2019). FY 2019 highway safety plan.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard.
U.S. Department of Transportation. National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration. (2020, April). Traffic safety facts.