Sarasota Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Many people in and around Sarasota take advantage of our warm climate and beautiful scenery and ride motorcycles year-round. Unfortunately, the number of motorcyclists in the area also means that motorcycle accidents are all too common. In one year alone, for example, there were 200 motorcycle crashes in Sarasota County, which caused 171 injuries and nine deaths.
Victims of a motorcycle accident may suffer serious physical injuries as well as experience emotional and financial hardship that impacts their entire family. Locating medical providers and services, as well as trying to pay your bills can add additional stress and anxiety to an already difficult situation.
Fortunately, you do not have to face all of these difficulties alone. The experienced Sarasota motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA can help ease some of burden. We have extensive experience helping accident victims recover the compensation to which they are entitled from the negligent party and want to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Factors Contributing to Sarasota Motorcycle Accidents
For various reasons, motorcycles are involved in collisions at higher rates than bicycles and vehicles on the roads. Among the factors contributing to this high collision rate are those that relate to motorcyclist’s condition and those that relate to people in vehicles. These factors include:
- Failing to see a motorcyclist – Despite efforts to raise awareness of the presence of motorcycles, motorists still fail to see them. This negligence causes numerous collisions.
- Rider inexperience – Operating a motorcycle safely requires skill and experience. When the motorcyclist lacks either skill or experience or both, crashes can and do occur.
- Impaired drivers –Driving while under the influence on the part of a motorcyclist or another driver continues to be a leading cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Dangerous road conditions – When a motorcyclist fails to adjust to road conditions, including wet or uneven pavement, chipped asphalt, and obstacles in the roadway, it can lead to a serious accident.
- Door accidents – When the occupant of a parked vehicle fails to see a motorcycle coming before opening a door, a motorcyclist can collide with the door and suffer serious injuries.
Sarasota Motorcycle Accident Injuries
When a motorcycle is involved in a collision, the motorcyclist suffers injuries about 80 percent of the time. Some of the more common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries, leading to partial or total paralysis, can happen if the rider is thrown during the accident.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – Being thrown from the motorcycle during an accident can result in a traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can range in severity from a mild concussion to severe brain damage.
- Broken or fractured bones – Because a motorcycle offers little protection to the riders when an accident occurs, multiple broken or fractured bones are common injuries.
- Injured limbs –It can be necessary to amputate a limb if it was severely injured in a collision.
- Fatal injuries – A serious motorcycle accident can result in fatal injuries to the motorcyclist.
Am I Entitled to Compensation for a Sarasota Motorcycle Accident?
A Sarasota motorcycle accident can result in physical, emotional, and financial damages to the victim, including:
- Chronic pain
- Stress and emotional suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
- Loss of income
- Mounting medical bills
While nothing can turn back the clock and prevent the accident from occurring, compensation for your economic and non-economic damages can help you and your family recover from the accident. Economic damages refer to your out-of-pocket expenses such as lost wages, existing and future medical bills, and damage to your motorcycle. Non-economic damages compensate you for the emotional trauma you suffered as a result of the accident.
A qualified motorcycle accident attorney can help you understand and obtain all of the compensation to which you are entitled. The skilled accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez, PA have helped hundreds of accident victims throughout Florida and are eager to help you.
Get Expert Help with Your Sarasota Motorcycle Accident Claim
Following a motorcycle accident, the most important thing to do is to seek medical attention and have a complete medical examination performed to check for serious injuries. Next, you should contact the experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA so we can discuss how we can help you.
Our skilled motorcycle attorneys are dedicated to ensuring that motorcycle accident victims are fully and fairly compensated. We work tirelessly to gather evidence of negligence on the part of an at-fault party and then negotiate directly with insurance companies on your behalf. When a satisfactory settlement is not possible, we put our extensive trial experience and resources to work advocating on your behalf in court.
We will not back down and settle for less than you deserve. We are committed to justice for you and your family and will be by your side throughout the entire legal process to make sure that you are protected and justly compensated.
Call us at 855.529.3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard. https://www.flhsmv.gov/traffic-crash-reports/crash-dashboard/
National Highway Safety Traffic Administration. (n.d.) A comprehensive approach to motorcycle safety.