Sarasota Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
People in Sarasota, like people throughout Florida, are doing more of their shopping online. That means there are more delivery trucks on Sarasota’s roadways and throughout Florida.
The truck drivers are often under pressure to meet high delivery quotas, and, as a result, may speed or drive aggressively. They may then be more likely to get into accidents than if they were driving cautiously. In fact, more than 3,801,000 accidents every year in the United States involve light trucks, and more than 80% of these accidents are collisions with other vehicles. When the other vehicle is a car, the delivery truck’s larger size and greater weight can inflict serious damage on the car and cause severe injuries to the car’s driver or passengers.
If you were seriously injured in an accident involving a delivery truck in Sarasota or elsewhere in Florida, state law may entitle you to receive substantial compensation for your pain, suffering and losses, if the truck driver or another party was negligent. The experienced Dennis Hernandez truck accident lawyers can help you understand your rights under Florida law and guide you through the legal process to make sure your rights are protected.
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to find out if you are entitled to compensation for your truck accident injuries and to get the help you need to obtain the full amount you deserve. Keep in mind, our advice and legal services are FREE to you until we WIN the full settlement or award you deserve.
Why Delivery Trucks Get Into So Many Accidents in Sarasota
There are many reasons why delivery trucks are so accident-prone. These include:
- Driver fatigue. Delivery truck drivers who are paid hourly may need to work long hours to make ends meet. They also often have to complete a certain number of deliveries per shift. The result is that drivers keep on driving even when they are too drowsy to drive safely.
- Speeding. Another result of being pressured to meet quotas is that delivery truck drivers are more likely to speed and ignore other traffic rules that would slow them down.
- Driver distraction. Delivery truck drivers, like all drivers, may be distracted by texting on their phones while they are driving. In addition, delivery truck drivers may get distracted by looking for addresses or maps on their phones or other devices instead of paying attention to the road.
- Driver impairment. Drivers may get ill, or they may be under the influence of alcohol or of prescription, over-the-counter, or illegal drugs.
- Inexperience and lack of training. The popularity of online shopping has created a shortage of experienced truck drivers. Delivery companies may hire drivers who don’t have the experience and training needed to handle their trucks safely.
Your right to receive compensation depends on being able to prove that the driver or other parties were negligent. If the accident occurred because the driver was inexperienced, impaired, distracted, fatigued or speeding, the Dennis Hernandez Sarasota truck accident legal team will find the evidence to prove negligence. If other parties’ (e.g., the driver’s employer or the truck manufacturer) negligence was involved, we will track down the evidence needed to demonstrate their role in causing the accident. Then we will use all of the evidence compiled to build a compelling case showing that the negligent party(ies) should be held accountable for your injuries.
Serious Injuries Caused by Sarasota Delivery Truck Accidents
The impact of a delivery truck that collides with a smaller and lighter vehicle may cause serious injuries to the car’s occupants. These injuries may include:
- Rib fractures or other broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries, which may cause paralysis
- Neck injuries
- Arm, leg, hands, and feet injuries, which may require amputation.
- Cuts, which may cause permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Slipped or herniated discs, which can cause chronic, life-long pain
Serious injuries do not heal overnight. They often require years of treatment and/or rehabilitation. Some require a lifetime of care. The Dennis Hernandez Sarasota truck accident lawyers are skilled at gathering the evidence to show the full extent of our clients’ need for ongoing care and their need for substantial compensation for associated expenses.
Under Florida Law, What Compensation Are You Entitled to for Delivery Truck Accident Injuries?
If you were in a crash with a delivery truck in Sarasota or anywhere else in Florida, you may be entitled to compensation for your present and future expenses and losses. The amount you may be entitled to depends on a number of factors, such as the extent of your injuries, the type of treatment needed, and your ability to work. However, in general, you may be able to obtain financial compensation for:
- Income you’ve lost because you cannot work or cannot work in the same capacity as you used to before the accident
- Expenses for medical treatment, rehabilitation, and home care, including hospital stays, medical procedures, diagnostic tests, office visits, medication and assistive devices
- Mental anguish and stress
- Physical pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Your family’s loss of your support, guidance and companionship
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
An experienced Dennis Hernandez Sarasota delivery truck accident lawyer will build a case showing the full extent of your need for compensation for the many expenses and losses that your injuries have caused.
Get the Legal Help You Need with Your Delivery Truck Accident Case in Sarasota
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a delivery truck accident, the Dennis Hernandez Sarasota delivery truck accident lawyers can provide the expert help you need to win the compensation you deserve. We will protect your rights and be by your side every step of the way.
We will investigate the accident thoroughly, gather evidence of negligence and your need for substantial compensation, negotiate aggressively with insurance company representative, and be ready to put our litigation skill to work and win in court if the insurance company refuses to agree to a reasonable settlement amount.
Call us at 855-529-3366 today or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get the experienced legal help you need in Sarasota. Our expert advice and legal services are FREE until we WIN the full settlement or award amount you deserve.