Lakeland Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents are a common cause of serious and fatal injuries in Lakeland, Florida, and throughout the U.S. In fact, every year in the United States, more than 800,000 people are hospitalized with injuries from falls. In Florida, falling is the most common cause of injuries for older residents, and it is the second most common cause of fatal workplace injuries.
The serious injuries caused by slip and fall accidents include hip fractures, traumatic brain injuries, and broken wrist, ankle, and arm bones. Sadly, many of these serious slips and fall injuries were preventable. If property owners and managers had followed the law and kept their properties safe, then thousands of injuries would not have occurred.
If you or a loved one has been injured by slipping or tripping and falling on someone else’s property, you may be able to obtain substantial compensation for your current and future medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, and other damages. The Dennis Hernandez Lakeland injury lawyers have been helping people in Lakeland and throughout Florida hold negligent parties responsible for the injuries they cause for more than 25 years.
If your slip and fall injury occurred because of unsafe conditions on someone else’s property, let us put our experience and litigation skill to work helping you obtain the full, fair compensation you deserve for the damages you have suffered and may continue to suffer in the future. Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get the legal help you need to WIN your case.
WHAT CAUSES SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS IN LAKELAND, FLORIDA?
Slip and fall accidents occur when you slip or trip while you are walking and get injured. Sometimes slip and fall accidents happen because a person is not paying attention while they walk or perhaps they are not feeling well.
Often, though, these accidents happen because a property owner or manager was negligent and failed to keep their property safe. For example, they might have left objects on the floor that people could trip over, failed to clean up spills, or failed to repair broken or uneven walkways or stairs.
Common causes of slip and fall accidents in Lakeland include:
- Poor lighting: When outside walkways or inside areas are not adequately lit, people are more likely to fall.
- Pavement in bad condition: When cracked or uneven pavement is not fixed, it creates a tripping hazard.
- Staircase hazards: It’s dangerous when steps and handrails are broken, loose, or otherwise damaged.
- Liquids on floor or ground: Spilled water or other liquids create slipping hazards.
- Code violations: When owners and managers of businesses create a falling hazard by failing to meet legal safety standards, their negligence puts others at risk.
Every Dennis Hernandez Lakeland slip and fall lawyer is dedicated to putting their experience and skill to work helping slip and fall accident victims get the full compensation they deserve. We hold negligent property owners accountable and fight for justice for our injured clients.
HOW MUCH COMPENSATION CAN I RECEIVE FOR A SLIP AND FALL INJURY CLAIM IN LAKELAND?
The Dennis Hernandez Lakeland injury lawyers fight for people’s right to receive the maximum compensation available for their slip and fall injuries. If you have been injured because of a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your past, present, and future:
- Medical expenses. These expenses may include doctor visits, emergency department care, in-patient hospital care, surgery, medication, rehabilitation, and assistive devices.
- Income losses. These losses may include income lost because you can’t work, can only work partial hours, or have to take a lower-paying job.
- Pain. You may be compensated for your physical pain and suffering.
- Mental suffering. You may be entitled to compensation for trauma, depression, or anxiety.
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life. You may be able to recover compensation if your quality of life has diminished because of your injuries.
- Your family’s losses due to your injuries. Your family’s loss of your companionship, love, and support may also be compensable.
- Other damages that are recoverable under Florida law.
The total compensation you may be awarded depends on how severely you were injured, how much medical treatment and care you need, how much income you are losing, and how long you will continue to need care and be unable to earn your former wages. The experienced Lakeland Dennis Hernandez slip and fall lawyers will assess all of the damages you have suffered and may continue to suffer in the future, collect the evidence needed to demonstrate your need for substantial compensation, and fight for the full, fair compensation you deserve.
WHAT ARE COMMON SERIOUS INJURIES THAT RESULT FROM SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS?
When people slip and fall, they can be severely injured. Some of the most common injuries are:
- Broken bones: Some broken bones heal in a few weeks without complications, but some fractures can be extremely dangerous. Broken ribs can be fatal. So can broken hips, especially for the elderly. Other fractures may require long treatment and recovery periods.
- Spinal cord injuries: Severe injuries to the spinal cord caused by falls can cause paralysis or other serious problems.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Serious TBIs may cause lifelong changes in mental functioning and behavior.
- Cuts: If you fall on a sharp object, the resulting cuts and lacerations can leave permanent scars and nerve damage.
- Injuries to the joints in the arms and legs: Severe injuries may require surgery and rehabilitation services.
If you suffered a severe injury in an accident that was at least partially someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. The Dennis Hernandez Lakeland slip and fall lawyers want to help you obtain the full amount you deserve. Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
HOW TO WIN A SLIP AND FALL INJURY CASE IN LAKELAND, FLORIDA
Property owners and managers are legally obligated to eliminate unsafe conditions on their property if they know or even should have known that the hazards exists. If you were injured because of a hazard that the property owners or managers negligently failed to take care of, you may be able to hold them responsible for your injuries and get compensated for the pain and losses you have suffered and may continue to suffer in the future.
The Dennis Hernandez Lakeland slip and fall lawyers can help you win your case by proving:
- The property owner or manager was negligent. Our Lakeland slip and fall legal team will gather evidence showing that the owner or manager failed to use reasonable care to keep their premises safe for visitors and guests.
- Your injury was the result of that negligence. We’ll show that because the owner or manager failed to properly maintain or operate their property, you slipped or tripped and fell, which caused your injuries.
- You have damages from your slip and fall accident. The injuries you sustained when you slipped and fell caused you to have expenses and losses (economic and non-economic damages).
As your lawyers, we will make sure your rights are protected and leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of justice. We will answer all of your questions about the legal process, advise you on your best course of action and keep you well informed of progress on your case.
AN EXPERIENCED LAKELAND SLIP AND FALL LAWYER IS READY TO HELP YOU GET THE COMPENSATION YOU DESERVE
The Dennis Hernandez Lakeland slip and fall lawyers are dedicated to fighting for the rights of our injured clients. We never give up and we never settle for less than full compensation for your damages.
Our expert legal team will investigate your slip and fall accident, identify the negligent property owner and manager, gather the evidence needed to prove negligence, negotiate aggressively with the negligent party’s insurance company on your behalf, demonstrate the full extent of your need for compensation for your current and future losses and expenses, and always be ready to fight for you in court and win, if necessary.
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get the legal help you need from a trusted Lakeland slip and fall lawyer. Our expert legal advice and services are FREE until we WIN your case.