Lakeland Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents are common, and they cause hundreds of thousands of severe injuries each year. According to the CDC, 800,000 people are hospitalized annually in the U.S. for injuries from falls, including hip fractures and head injuries, and 3 million older Americans need treatment in hospital emergency departments for their fall injuries.
Sadly, many of these injuries could have been prevented had property owners and managers maintained safe conditions on their properties. These owners have a legal duty to take reasonable steps to keep their properties safe for customers and other visitors and to warn them of known dangers. If they fail to meet their legal obligations to maintain their property safely, they are negligent and can be held liable in a premises liability claim.
If you or a member of your family were hurt in a slip (or trip) and fall accident, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries by holding the negligent property owner or manager liable. The experienced Dennis Hernandez slip and fall lawyers can help you get fair compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and other expenses and losses caused by your accident injury.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Lakeland?
“Slip and fall accident” is a phrase used in premises liability cases that means someone slipped or tripped while walking, which caused them to fall, which caused them to be injured. Sometimes, people fall if they are careless or unwell, but more often, a property owner’s negligence led to unsafe conditions that caused the accident victim to slip, stumble, or trip.
Common types of unsafe conditions in Lakeland include:
- Wet floors or walking surfaces: Water on sidewalks or in parking lots, or spilled liquids on the floors of restaurants, bars, or supermarkets, creates unsafe slippery conditions.
- Obstructions: Electrical cords, boxes, equipment, trash, or any other items in store aisles or on walkways are hazards that people can trip over.
- Inadequate lighting: When lighting is inadequate inside or around the outside of stores, restaurants, hotels, and other places of business, people are more likely to fall
- Poorly maintained walking surfaces and handrails: People can stumble and fall when walking on cracked or chipped asphalt or concrete, warped or broken stairs, or loose or missing handrails.
- Code violations: Property owners are responsible for hazardous conditions when they fail to comply with local building codes or industry safety standards.
How Do I Prove Negligence in a Slip and Fall Accident Injury in Lakeland?
To get compensation for damages in a premises liability claim, you and your lawyers need to prove that the property owner or manager was negligent and responsible for your slip and fall accident. You do this by proving the four elements that establish negligence under Florida law:
- The property owner or manager had a legal duty to you to keep their premises safe, typically because you were a customer, visitor or guest.
- The owner or manager was negligent because they failed to remove or provide warnings about hazards that they knew about or should have known about, or they failed to use reasonable care in the maintenance and operation of the property.
- Their negligence was the cause of your slip and fall accident and your injuries.
- You had actual damages (expenses and losses) because of your injuries.
Successfully proving these elements requires in-depth knowledge and experience with the complexities of premises liability law. If you or a loved one were injured in a slip and fall accident, you should contact the experienced Lakeland Dennis Hernandez slip and fall accident lawyers for the help you need to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Compensation for Slip and Fall Accident Injuries in Lakeland
Slip and fall accident victims may receive substantial compensation for the economic and non-economic damages they suffered because of someone else’s negligence. in a The experienced Dennis Hernandez Lakeland slip and fall accident lawyers will fight for your legal right to get fair compensation for these damages, which may include compensation for:
- Existing and future medical expenses, including doctor bills, emergency treatment, surgeries, hospitalizations, medication, rehabilitative services, assistive devices, and travel to and from medical appointments.
- Existing and future lost income.
- Physical, mental and emotional pain and suffering, including physical pain, stress, trauma, depression, anxiety and loss of enjoyment of life.
Contact Experienced Lakeland Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
The top priority for Dennis Hernandez slip and fall attorneys is to make sure you receive the full compensation you need and deserve for your accident injuries. We do this by:
- Gathering comprehensive evidence in a timely manner to demonstrate negligence.
- Negotiating vigorously on your behalf with insurance companies and their lawyers.
- Demonstrating your need for full compensation for all the physical, financial, and emotional damages caused by the accident.
- Preparing thoroughly to go to trial if necessary and win the award you deserve.
- Never backing down in the pursuit of justice.
When you become a Dennis Hernandez client, we will stand by you and support you through every step of the legal process.
For a FREE CASE EVALUATION, call us at 863-888-0000, or fill out the contact form on our website.