Lakeland Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
According to a study conducted by Nexcess, an ecommerce and cloud computing company. Florida is the best state for online business companies and ecommerce development. With all the online shopping conducted in the state, there’s a great need for delivery trucks to bring the goods to people’s doors. That’s why there are so many delivery trucks on the roadways in Lakeland and throughout Florida.
Unfortunately, having more delivery trucks on the roads means there are more accidents involving the trucks. The drivers are often fatigued and in a rush to meet their delivery quotas. That makes them more likely to speed and engage in other unsafe driving behaviors, which can lead to crashes in which innocent people get seriously injured.
If you have been injured in a crash involving a delivery truck in Lakeland or anywhere in Florida, you may have to handle many new challenges. Health care expenses, pain, mental distress, and decreased income can create hardships that are difficult to overcome.
The Dennis Hernandez truck accident lawyers understand these issues and want to help. We have helped injured accident victims throughout Florida hold negligent drivers and other parties accountable and obtain the substantial compensation they deserve for more than twenty-five years. We will put our experience and legal expertise to work for you, fighting for justice and the financial compensation you deserve.
To talk to an experienced truck accident lawyer and find out if you have a good case for filing a claim or a lawsuit against the negligent party, call us at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page.
Who Can Be Held Financially Responsible for Your Injuries from a Lakeland Delivery Truck Accident?
Florida law gives you the right to seek compensation from people and companies whose negligence contributed to your accident, but finding out who was at fault in a delivery truck accident can be a complex process. Having experienced delivery truck accident lawyers working on your case can be very beneficial, since they are skilled investigators who know what to look for and what evidence is needed to demonstrate negligence.
In accidents involving commercial vehicles, there may be multiple parties who can be held responsible for your injuries. Some delivery truck drivers are employees of the companies whose packages they are carrying. Others work for third-party contractors, and still others are self-employed.
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Lakeland delivery truck lawyers can sort out the legal relationships and identify the parties who can be held financially responsible for your injuries. These parties may be the driver, the driver’s employer (if the driver is not self-employed), the manufacturer of the delivery truck and its parts, and the people and company who worked on the truck’s maintenance and repairs.
Why Are Injuries from Lakeland Delivery Truck Accidents Often Severe?
A delivery truck is heavier and larger than a passenger car. When the two collide, the car’s occupants are more likely to be seriously hurt. Their injuries may be long-lasting or fatal. Some of the common injuries that people sustain when they are in an accident with a delivery truck include:
- Spinal cord injuries, which can cause loss of sensation and/or paralysis
- Broken bones and fractures, including broken hips or ribs
- Injuries to the limbs
- Internal organ injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Injuries from burns
- Lacerations and cuts
- Back, shoulders, and neck injuries
When you seek compensation for your injuries, it’s important to show the full extent of your injuries and all the ways they affect your life. The amount of your compensation will depend on it. A Dennis Hernandez Lakeland delivery truck accident lawyer is skilled in gathering evidence and building a strong case to show your need for substantial compensation for present and expected future injury-related expenses losses, pain, suffering and mental anguish.
What Causes Lakeland Delivery Truck Accidents?
Everybody driving on the road has a legal obligation to use reasonable care to drive safely. However, delivery truck drivers, who are under pressure to hurry to meet their daily quotas, often prioritize speed over safety. This leads to negligent driving behaviors that puts other drivers at risk. Common causes of delivery truck accidents include:
- Driving while drowsy. Delivery truck drivers often spend long hours on the road and experience a lot of stress because of their quotas. They may keep on driving long past the time when they should have taken a break to rest. Drowsy driving is dangerous and is a major cause of delivery truck accidents.
- Inexperienced drivers. There is a shortage of truck drivers, and delivery companies may hire drivers with little or no experience. If the companies then fail to properly train the drivers, there is a higher risk of accidents.
- Distracted driving. Drivers of all types of vehicles may be distracted by using their phones while driving. But delivery drivers may also be distracted by looking at buildings, instead of the road, when they are trying to find their next destination.
- Speeding on U.S. roadways causes over 12,000 deaths each year. When delivery truck drivers speed to make their quota of deliveries, they endanger other drivers, cyclists and pedestrians on the roads.
What Compensation Can You Get for Lakeland Delivery Truck Accident Injuries?
If you were seriously injured in a delivery truck accident in Lakeland or anywhere else in Florida, you may be able to obtain compensation for your present and future accident-related expenses and losses, including:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital stays, surgeries and other procedures, diagnostic tests, office visits, medication and assistive devices
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Rehabilitation and therapies
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and stress
- Diminished quality of life
- Your family’s loss of your guidance. help and companionship
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The experienced Dennis Hernandez truck accident legal team in Lakeland will assess all of the damages you have suffered and may continue to suffer and build a compelling case showing the full extent of your need for substantial compensation.
Get the Legal Help You Need in Lakeland after a Delivery Truck Crash
The Dennis Hernandez Lakeland delivery truck accident lawyers are committed to fighting for the rights of people who have been injured in accidents. We put our experience, knowledge, and resources to work to aggressively pursue life-changing compensation for our clients.
As your lawyers, we will investigate your accident and find the evidence needed to prove the other party’s negligence. We’ll negotiate for you with the at-fault party’s insurance company and never accept anything less than the full and fair compensation you deserve.
We’re always ready to go to trial and win the award you deserve, if the insurance company won’t agree to a fair settlement. We never give up and never back down in our quest for justice!
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page, and we’d be glad to talk with you. Our expert legal advice and services are FREE until we win your case.