Lakeland Airline Injury Attorney
Central Florida’s Lakeland Linder International Airport (LAL) is the 124th busiest airport in the United States. There are three other airports in Polk County, and, in addition, the Orlando International Airport (MCO) and the Tampa International Airport (TPA) also serve the area. It’s an unfortunate fact that with all the air traffic in and around the Lakeland area, in-flight accidents are bound to occur from time to time.
When people think about the dangers of flying, they usually think about airplane crashes. However, other types of accidents, such as luggage falling from overhead bins or unlocked beverage carts rolling down airplane aisles can also cause severe and sometimes fatal injuries.
In-flight airline accidents are often caused because of negligence. Sometimes an airline employee is careless or fails to follow the required safety procedures. Sometimes a part, such as a latch, used in the airplane is defective, and it is the manufacturer’s fault.
Florida law recognizes that it is not fair for an accident victim to have to bear all the expenses and other burdens of a serious injury if that injury was caused by an accident that was someone else’s fault. The law gives you the right to sue the at-fault, negligent party for the financial compensation you need to move forward with your life.
If you or a loved one were injured in an in-flight airline accident, a Dennis Hernandez Lakeland Airline Injury Attorney can help you get the full compensation that you deserve.
How Lakeland, Florida, Residents Can Become Seriously Injured in Airline Accidents
Most people think of crashes when they think of airline accidents. However, many serious accidents actually occur during flights, including:
- Slip and falls. The aisles of an airplane should be free of slipping and tripping hazards. Passengers can slip on liquids that were spilled in aisles, and they can trip over objects or wires. Flight attendants are responsible for cleaning up any spilled liquids and removing any objects that don’t belong in the aisles. If the flight attendants fail to keep the aisles clean and clear, passengers can fall and suffer many types of injuries, including broken bones, sprains, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and more.
- Falling luggage. Passengers are taking more luggage and other big and heavy items with them onto airplanes. Flight attendants are responsible for making sure that the overhead bins are not dangerously overstuffed and that the bins are properly latched before the plane takes off. If the flight attendants are negligent in their responsibility, or if the latches are defective, the bins can open, and luggage and other items can fall out and hit someone sitting in an aisle seat or walking down the aisle. Injuries from being hit by heavy objects may include traumatic brain injuries, skull fractures, broken noses, eye injuries, and other head injuries.
- Runaway beverage carts. The metal carts that flight attendants use to serve drinks and food are surprisingly heavy. When fully loaded, they can weigh more than 200 pounds. If a flight attendant fails to properly latch the carts, or if the latches are defective, the heavy carts can roll down the aisles, striking passengers with considerable force. Passengers’ knees, feet, arms, or shoulders can be seriously injured.
How Much Compensation Can You Obtained in Lakeland, Florida, for In-Flight Airline Injuries?
If you are seriously injured, you may have many expenses related to your injury. Under Florida law, you have the right to pursue a claim against the at-fault party or parties to seek compensation for all of the damages you have suffered, such as:
- Current medical expenses
- Estimated future medical expenses
- Current loss of income
- Estimated future loss of earning capacity
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, guidance and services
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
The skilled Dennis Hernandez Lakeland airline accident injury attorneys will examine the facts and details of your case and consult with medical and other experts to ascertain the full extent of your need for compensation. We will then be well prepared to negotiate aggressively and fight in court, if necessary, to help you obtain the full, fair compensation you deserve.
What a Dennis Hernandez Lakeland Airline Injury Attorney Can Do for You
If you were seriously injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. But you need the help of an experienced Lakeland airline injury attorney to make sure that you get everything the law entitles you to receive. The Dennis Hernandez Lakeland airline accident attorneys are committed to this end. We will:
- Investigate the accident thoroughly and gather all the evidence needed to demonstrate who was at fault.
- Consult with experts to demonstrate the full value of the compensation you should receive for your current and future expenses and losses.
- Guide you through the legal process, responding to your questions and concerns and communicating often with you.
- Stand up against the at-fault party’s insurance company on your behalf. We know all the tricks insurance companies use to try to pay accident victims far less than they deserve. We won’t let the insurance companies get away with it. We will negotiate aggressively and keep on fighting until you get a full and fair settlement.
- Be ready to fight in court, if necessary, and win the award you deserve.
For a free consultation and to get started on your airline accident case, call a Dennis Hernandez Lakeland airline injury attorney today at 855-529-3366.