Lakeland Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Florida has always attracted motorcyclists because of its warm weather and scenic landscapes. The unusually large motorcycle population, however, has also led to Florida being the state with the most motorcycle crashes and fatal accidents per year. In fact, in Polk County alone, there were over 300 motorcycle crashes, with 274 injuries and 12 deaths in one year.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the injuries and trauma you suffered as a result of the accident. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA, our skilled Lakeland motorcycle accident attorneys will put their experience to work for you to ensure that you recover the maximum compensation possible for your motorcycle accident injuries.
Common Causes of Lakeland Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycles continue to be involved in collisions at much higher rates than bicycles and vehicles, despite efforts to increase motorcycle safety. According to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the leading causes of these motorcycle accidents are:
- Failing to see a motorcyclist – Despite efforts to raise awareness of the presence of motorcycles, motorists still fail to see them. This negligence causes numerous collisions.
- Door accidents – When the occupant of a parked vehicle fails to see a motorcycle coming before opening a door, a motorcyclist can collide with the door and suffer serious injuries.
- Impaired drivers –Driving while under the influence on the part of a motorcyclist or another driver continues to be a leading cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Dangerous road conditions – When a motorcyclist fails to adjust to road conditions, including wet or uneven pavement, chipped asphalt, and obstacles in the roadway, it can lead to a serious accident
- Rider inexperience – Operating a motorcycle safely requires skill and experience. When the motorcyclist lacks either skill or experience or both, crashes can and do occur.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Injuries occur in 80% of all motorcycle crashes. Unfortunately, many of these are very serious, some even leading to death. Among the most commonly seen injuries are:
- Broken or fractured bones – Because a motorcycle offers little protection to the riders when an accident occurs, multiple broken or fractured bones are common injuries.
- Injured limbs –It can be necessary to amputate a limb if it was severely injured in a collision.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries, leading to partial or total paralysis, can happen if the rider is thrown during the accident.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – Being thrown from the motorcycle during an accident can result in a traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can range in severity from a mild concussion to severe brain damage.
- Fatal injuries – A serious motorcycle accident can result in fatal injuries to the motorcyclist.
Compensation for Lakeland Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Victims of motorcycle accident injuries often suffer physical, emotional, and financial consequences for years to come. Many victims experience:
- Chronic pain
- Stress and emotional trauma
- Diminished qualify of life
- Loss of income
- Mounting medical bills
If you are the victim of a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you cannot undo the accident or the actual physical injury, but you can pursue a motorcycle accident claim to hold the negligent party accountable and obtain compensation for the economic and non-economic damages you suffered. Economic damages refer to your out-of-pocket expenses such as lost wages, existing and future medical bills, and damage to your motorcycle. Non-economic damages compensate you for the emotional trauma you suffered as a result of the accident.
A qualified motorcycle accident attorney can help you understand and obtain all of the compensation to which you are entitled. The skilled accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez, PA have helped hundreds of accident victims throughout Florida and are eager to help you.
Expert Help Is Available for Your Lakeland Motorcycle Accident Claim
After a motorcycle accident, getting medical attention and have a complete examination done to check for serious injuries is very important. Getting the treatment and care you need as soon as possible is critical for your long-term health and well-being. Getting help from an experienced motorcycle accident attorney is also important to help you recover the full compensation to which you are entitled.
The motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA are committed to helping motorcycle accident victims get the full compensation they deserve. We leave no stone unturned gathering evidence of negligence on the part of the at-fault party and negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf. When an advantageous settlement is not possible, we put our trial experience, skill and resources to work fighting for you in court.
The dedicated attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA will not back down and settle for less than you deserve. We are committed to justice for you and your family and will support you throughout the entire legal process to make sure you are protected and justly compensated.
Call us at 855.529.3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard.
National Highway Safety Traffic Administration. (n.d.) A comprehensive approach to motorcycle safety.