Lakeland Product Liability Lawyers
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, hundreds of thousands of Americans are injured by common products every year. Laws and regulations exist to protect consumers from unsafe products, but many dangerous, defective items still get produced and sold all the time.
Children under the age of five and adults over the age of sixty-five are more likely to be seriously injury by defective products; however, people of all ages get hurt every day because of dangerous products. If you are one of the unfortunate consumers who has been injured because of a defective product, you’re not alone, and you do not have to face all of your challenges alone.
The experienced Lakeland product liability lawyers at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA want to help you. Our Lakeland team of legal experts has helped many Floridians who have been injured by defective products get compensated for their injuries, pain and losses, and we want to put our experience and skill to work for you. With our help, you may be able to obtain the significant financial compensation you deserve.
What Kind of Injuries Do Defective Products Cause?
Defective products can cause many different kinds of injuries, ranging from minor cuts, sprains and burns to serious, life-threatening injuries. Some of the more common injuries are:
- Choking – Young children can easily choke on small parts from broken toys and suffer serious or fatal injuries.
- Broken bones – People can fall and break bones throughout their bodies when using defective equipment or ladders.
- Burns – Fires or explosions due to defective electrical appliances and faulty wiring can burn people who are close to them.
- Head injuries – Victims of defective ladder and equipment accidents often sustain head and brain injuries.
- Organ injuries – Internal organs, including the lungs, brain, heart, liver and kidney can be harmed by defective pharmaceutical products.Top of Form
- Death – Defective automobile components, such as brakes, fuel tanks and tires, can lead to fatal crashes.
Who Is Responsible for Defective Product Injuries?
According to Florida law, anyone involved in the manufacturing or distribution of a product can potentially be held liable for injuries caused by a defective product. This includes:
- Product Designer
- Product Manufacturer
- Manufacturer of component parts
- Assembler or installer
The Lakeland product liability lawyers from Dennis Hernandez & Associates will investigate all facets of the defective product that caused your injury and determine which parties should be held liable.
What Is Considered a Defective Product in Florida Product Liability Cases?
In Florida, strict liability applies in product liability cases, so you do not have to prove negligence on anyone’s part in a lawsuit. However, you do have to show that you used the product as it was intended to be used and that you were injured because it had one of the following types of defect:
- A Design Defect – A design defect is found in the design of a product. All items manufactured with the design have the same defect.
- A Manufacturing Defect – A manufacturing defect occurs during the manufacturing process. Only products manufactured at the same time and place have the defect.
- A Failure to Warn Defect – A failure to warn defect involves products that cannot be made completely safe because of the nature of the product itself (e.g., electrical tools, yard equipment, cleaning products). If these products do not carry a clear warning about potential dangers, they could have a failure to warn defect.
Is Compensation Available for Victims of Defective Product Injuries?
If you were injured because of a defective product, you may be able to obtain compensation for the damages you suffered. To do so, you have to be able to show that you used the product as it was meant to be used and that you suffered actual damages from using the product. These damages may include:
- Medical expenses for diagnostic testing, procedures, medication, hospital stays, doctor office visits, etc.
- Future medical expenses
- Lost income because of time off work
- Diminished earning capacity
- Other damages available under Florida law
If a family member was fatally injured because of a defective product, you may also be entitled to compensation for your loss. An experienced Lakeland product liability lawyer can help you with a wrongful death lawsuit.
How Can Experienced Lakeland Product Liability Lawyers Help?
If you have been injured by a defective product, the Lakeland product liability lawyers at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA have the experience and skill you need to help you obtain substantial compensation for your injuries.
Some Lakeland lawyers try to settle product liability cases quickly so they don’t have to take the case to court. In contrast, our Lakeland legal team won’t settle for less than you deserve and we won’t back down. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, we will:
- Thoroughly investigate the defective product and collect all evidence necessary to prove it caused your injuries.
- Develop a winning case that shows you should be compensated for the physical, emotional, and financial damages you experienced because of the defective product.
- Negotiate aggressively with insurance company representatives and attorneys for the settlement you deserve while being completely prepared to take your case to trial if negotiations do not yield a satisfactory settlement.
- Put our litigation skills and extensive trial experience to work fighting and winning the award you deserve.
- Communicate openly with you and help you throughout the entire legal process.
Please contact our Lakeland product liability lawyers today at 855-LAW-DENNIS or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.