Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Given its idyllic location along the coast, Ft. Myers attracts a significant number of motorcyclists every year. Unfortunately, too many of these motorcyclists are involved in accidents. The State of Florida actually leads the nation in the number of motorcycle accidents each year, and in Lee County alone, there are almost 300 motorcycle accidents, causing 262 injuries and 19 deaths in one year.
Victims of a motorcycle accident may suffer serious physical injuries, as well as experience emotional and financial hardship that impacts their entire family. Locating medical providers and services and trying to negotiate with insurance companies can add additional stress and anxiety to an already difficult situation.
If you are the victim of a motorcycle accident, the experienced Fort Meyers motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA want to help you through these difficult times. We have extensive experience helping motorcycle accident victims get the compensation they are entitled to from the negligent party and want to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Causes of a Fort Meyers Motorcycle Accident
A motorcycle accident can happen in many different situations; however, the leading causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Motorists failing to see the motorcycle – Drivers of passenger and commercial vehicles frequently fail to see a motorcycle in their blind spot or even right next to them, resulting in a collision.
- Rider inexperience – By their very nature, motorcycles require more skill to operate than a passenger vehicle. If a motorcyclist is inexperienced, he may lose control of the motorcycle and crash.
- Dangerous road conditions – Wet roadways, uneven pavement, chipped asphalt, and obstacles in the roadway can all lead to a catastrophic collision on a motorcycle.
- Door accidents – Occupants of parked vehicles often fail to properly check for oncoming traffic before opening a vehicle door. This can be deadly for a motorcyclist.
- Impaired drivers – Whether it is the motorcyclist or the driver of another vehicle who is impaired, driving while under the influence on the part of either driver is a leading cause of serious accidents.
Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Injuries
When a motorcycle is involved in a collision, the motorcyclist stands a four out of five chance of being injured. Some of the more common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Broken or fractured bones – Because a motorcycle offers little protection to the riders when an accident occurs, multiple broken or fractured bones are common injuries.
- Injured limbs –It can be necessary to amputate a limb if it sustained severe injuries in a collision.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries can happen if the rider is thrown during the accident. These injuries result in partial or total paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – Being thrown from a motorcycle during an accident can result in a traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can range in severity from a mild concussion to severe brain damage.
- Fatal injuries – A serious motorcycle accident can result in fatal injuries to the motorcyclist.
Compensation in a Fort Meyers Motorcycle Accident
A motorcycle accident can result in a variety of long-lasting injuries and problems for the victim, including:
- Chronic pain
- Stress and emotional suffering
- Diminished qualify of life
- Loss of income
- Mounting medical bills
Compensation for these damages can’t change everything, but it can help give you a sense of justice and the funds you need to get on with your life. As the victim of a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages refer to your out-of-pocket expenses, such as lost wages, existing and future medical bills, and damage to your motorcycle. Non-economic damages compensate you for the emotional trauma the accident caused.
Get Advice and Help from an Experienced Fort Meyers Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you were recently involved in a motorcycle accident, you should have a thorough medical examination completed immediately to check for hidden or internal injuries. Then contact the experienced Fort Meyers motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA to discuss your accident. We are committed to helping you obtain justice and the compensation you deserve.
The skilled motorcycle attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates are dedicated to ensuring that victims of motorcycle accidents are fully and fairly compensated. We work tirelessly to gather evidence of negligence on the part of an at-fault party. We then negotiate directly with insurance companies on your behalf to reach an advantageous settlement. When such a settlement is not possible, we put our extensive resources and experience to work advocating on your behalf at trial.
The Fort Meyers motorcycle accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates will be by your side throughout the entire legal process to make sure that you are protected and compensated fairly for your injuries. We won’t back down or settle for less than you deserve.
Call us at 855.529.3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website to get started on your case.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. (2020). Traffic crash reports. Crash dashboard.
National Highway Safety Traffic Administration. (n.d.) A comprehensive approach to motorcycle safety.