Fort Myers Slip and Fall Lawyer
When people fall because they slip on a wet or slick surface, or they trip over an object or on an uneven walkway, they can be seriously or fatally injured. In fact, every year, more than 800,000 people are hospitalized because of injuries from falling, and 3 million older people have to go to emergency rooms for treatment for fall injuries. Falls are the leading cause of hip fractures and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), both of which can have devastating effects.
In Fort Myers and throughout the country, too many people’s lives have been forever changed by fall injuries. Sadly, these life-altering injuries could have been prevented had property owners and managers maintained their property safely. In Florida, property owners have a legal duty to keep their premises free of hazards to protect the safety of their customers and visitors. Unfortunately, owners and managers are often negligent and fail to properly maintain their premises, take care of dangerous conditions, or warn people about known hazards.
If you or a member of your family were hurt in a slip and fall accident, you may be able to bring a claim against the negligent party to hold them responsible for the harm they have caused and obtain substantial compensation for you pain, suffering and losses. An experienced Dennis Hernandez Fort Myers slip and fall lawyer can guide you through the legal process and fight for your right to receive the fair compensation you deserve.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this website to get expert advice from Fort Myers’ trusted slip and fall injury lawyers. Our services are FREE until we WIN your case.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS IN FORT MYERS, FLORIDA?
Many accidents in which people slip or trip and then fall are caused because of hazardous conditions. In Fort Myers and throughout Florida, property owners and managers have a legal duty to keep their premises safe and to warn customers and guests about known falling hazards.
Still, dangerous conditions do exist on many properties. Some of the most common causes of falling accidents that are often due to a property owner or manager’s negligence include:
- Problems with the floors or pavement, including loose carpeting, cracked or chipped pavement, and uneven floors
- Staircase issues, including broken or loose steps and missing or loose handrails
- Inadequate lighting inside or around the premises
- Liquid spilled on the floor that is not cleaned up
- Wet walkways
- Objects left where people can trip over them
- Failure to meet the applicable safety codes
If you or a loved one has been injured by a fall on someone else’s property and you suspect negligence, the Dennis Hernandez Fort Meyers slip and fall lawyers can investigate the accident and find out who was at fault and should be held accountable. We will gather the evidence needed to demonstrate negligence and help you obtain the full, fair compensation you deserve the pain and losses you have suffered and may continue to suffer in the future.
COMMON SERIOUS INJURIES SUSTAINED IN FORT MYERS SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS
When a person falls and hits the floor or ground, or lands on an object, the force of the impact can cause severe injuries. Some of the most common serious injuries from falls are:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Falls are the leading cause of TBIs, which can cause serious temporary or permanent disabilities or fatal complications.
- Lacerations. People who fall onto sharp objects can have serious cuts or lacerations, which can cause scarring, nerve damage, or muscle damage.
- Facial injuries. People may suffer severe emotional distress if their injuries leave them with visible facial disfigurement or scars.
- Broken bones. Falling is the cause of more than 95% of hip fractures, which can be fatal, especially for older people. Other broken bones may require long-term treatment and may cause complications.
- Spinal cord injuries. These injuries can cause paralysis and/or loss of sensation.
HOW MUCH FINANCIAL COMPENSATION IS AVAILABLE IN FORT MYERS FOR A SLIP AND FALL INJURY?
The amount of compensation you receive for a serious slip and fall injury can be substantial. You may be compensated for your current and future medical expenses, lost income, and other ways that your injuries affect your life.
Expenses and losses for which you might receive compensation include current and future:
- Medical expenses, such as doctor visits, emergency room treatment, hospital care, surgery and other procedures, medication, rehabilitation, and assistive devices
- Wages lost because you can no longer earn as much as you did before or can’t work at all
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Diminished capacity to enjoy life
- Scars, disfigurement, or disabilities
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, guidance and assistance because of your injuries
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law
Our Fort Meyers slip and fall lawyers can help you by gathering evidence and consulting experts to show the full extent of your need for current and future treatment of your injuries; how your injuries have affected your ability to earn a living; and all the ways your quality of life and your family’s. We will fight for your right to get the maximum compensation available under Florida law.
WINNING A SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT CASE IN FORT MYERS
To win a slip and fall accident injury lawsuit, you’ll need to prove that the property owner or manager was negligent, and their negligence caused, or contributed to causing, your fall where you were injured. Proving these elements involves a lot of technical and legal knowledge, and it’s not wise to attempt it on your own.
The Dennis Hernandez law firm has been fighting for the rights of Florida accident victims for more than 25 years and has an outstanding track record of winning cases. Our experienced Fort Myers slip and fall lawyers can give you the legal help you need to get the full, fair compensation you deserve.
GET THE HELP YOU NEED IN FORT MYERS TO OBTAIN FULL, FAIR COMPENSATION FOR YOUR SLIP AND FALL INJURIES
The negligent property owner’s insurance company will most likely try to prevent you from getting all the compensation you are entitled to receive. However, our slip and fall lawyers will not let them get away with anything. We will negotiate aggressively on your behalf and will not settle for one penny less than the full amount you deserve. We will be well prepared to take them to court and win if they refuse to agree to a settlement that is everything you deserve.
We’ll investigate the accident thoroughly, identify the at-fault parties, amass the evidence needed to demonstrate negligence, consult experts, show the full extent of your needs, and put our negotiating and litigation experience to work protecting your rights. We will never give up and never back down!
Call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill out the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to get started on your case. Our expert legal advice and services are FREE until we WIN your case.