Fort Myers Airline Injury Attorney
Lee County, Florida, is one of the top travel destinations in the country. Approximately six million passengers go through the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) in Fort Myers every year. Lee County is also growing at a rapid pace. Recently, it had the fifth-highest rate of population growth of any metropolitan area in the U.S.
This rapid population growth and the high volume of air traffic at the Fort Myers airport makes it highly likely that Fort Myers air traffic will keep on increasing. Unfortunately, this means there will be more in-flight airline accidents.
Although we hear more about airline crashes on the news, in-flight accidents can also cause serious injuries. Some of these accidents are similar to accidents that might happen on the ground. Passengers can slip and fall in the aisles, get hit on the head or body by items falling out of overhead bins or get burned by spilled hot liquids. Other in-flight accidents are unique to flying, such as accidents caused by turbulence.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an in-flight airline accident, you may be entitled to substantial financial compensation for your injuries. We invite you to schedule a free consultation with a Dennis Hernandez Fort Myers airline injury attorney to find out about your rights under Florida law to pursue compensation for damages.
How Much Compensation Can You Receive in Fort Myers, Florida, for an In-Flight Airline Accident Injury?
A serious injury will turn your whole life upside down. You may not be able to work, or maybe you just cannot work as much as you could before the accident. You have to find doctors and get treatments, and you may need surgery or other hospital in-patient procedures. You may be dealing with the frustration of having unexpected limitations on your abilities to do the things you used to enjoy doing. Your family may be suffering from your lack of companionship and affection. Many people also have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and depression after being involved in serious accidents.
Florida law gives you the right to seek financial compensation if your accident was caused by the negligence of a person or company. An experienced Dennis Hernandez airline injury attorney will fight for your right to get all the compensation the law provides. Depending on your circumstances, this compensation may include payments for current and future:
- Medical expenses, including doctor visits, treatments, medications, surgeries, hospital charges, rehab services, transportation to and from medical appointments, medical equipment, and assistive devices.
- Lost or decreased income, including diminished earning capacity.
- Diminished quality of life and decreased capacity to enjoy activities you used to enjoy.
- Physical pain and suffering.
- Emotional distress and anguish.
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, guidance, and help.
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law.
Fort Myers In-Flight Airline Accidents
Airlines, airplane manufacturers, pilots and crew members all have a legal duty to protect the safety of passengers. If they fail to uphold the required safety standards and that failure causes or contributes to an accident, they could be held responsible if someone gets hurt.
Examples of in-flight airline accidents that may be caused by negligence include:
- Flight attendants failing to properly close overhead luggage bins, allowing heavy items to fall out and strike passengers on the head, shoulders, or other parts of their bodies.
- The latches used to close the luggage bins being defective because of the latch manufacturer’s negligence, resulting in the covers popping open and the bin contents falling out.
- A pilot knowing the plane is heading into heavy turbulence, but not warning the passengers that they need to fasten their seatbelts, thereby causing passengers to bang into hard surfaces.
- A flight attendant failing to properly lock the wheels of a heavy beverage cart, which rolls over a passenger’s foot or crashes into a passenger.
A Dennis Hernandez Fort Myers airline injury attorney will investigate the accident to determine all at-fault parties and help you hold them responsible for the damages their negligence caused.
A Fort Myers Airline Injury Attorney You Can Rely On
The experienced Dennis Hernandez Fort Myers airline injury attorneys will protect your legal rights and fight for the full, fair compensation you deserve. If you try to deal with the at-fault party’s Insurance company alone, you could end up sadly disappointed with the outcome. Insurance companies are notorious for making low offers to people who are not represented by attorneys. Your chances of getting a fair settlement increase significantly if you have an experienced airline injury attorney representing you.
The Dennis Hernandez injury attorneys have years of experience standing up to insurance companies and getting people injured in accidents the compensation they need to go on with their lives. We are committed to:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident to determine all negligent, at-fault parties.
- Calculating the full value of your medical claim by consulting with medical experts.
- Gathering all the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence and all damages and presenting it in a convincing and compelling way.
- Explaining the legal process to you in everyday language and keeping the lines of communication open.
- Negotiating vigorously with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- Rejecting any settlement offers that are not the fair compensation you deserve, and continuing to fight for justice.
- Taking the case to court, if necessary, to protect your rights and obtain the full, fair compensation you deserve.
Please don’t put off getting started on your case. If you wait too long, you can lose your right to make a claim. Call a Dennis Hernandez Fort Myers airline injury attorney at 855-529-3366 today to get started on your case.